SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux Club members - I need your 2 tickets!

SiouxFTW

Dude, you can't give out what you don't have. UND only got 600 tickets from the NCAA.

Just so you know, I have had a couple thirteen, fourteen cold ones with two previous Athletic Directors so I know how this works...they failed to secure tickets from other teams in the tournament. They gave out about 200 tickets to FSC members and in the past they gave out well over 1000. I know what I am talking about and they made a huge mistake. You will see a lot more Maize and Blue and Maroon next Thursday because of it.

Just so you know, I have had a couple thirteen, fourteen cold ones with two previous Athletic Directors so I know how this works...they failed to secure tickets from other teams in the tournament. They gave out about 200 tickets to FSC members and in the past they gave out well over 1000. I know what I am talking about and they made a huge mistake. You will see a lot more Maize and Blue and Maroon next Thursday because of it.

perhaps got pressure from the NCAA to limit the number of tickets to the hostile/abusive team :0

which it sounds like the AD would cave too

• Downvote 1

I hate to disagree, but you are wrong sir. Each school is automatically give 600 per ncaa policy. I can direct you to policy page number if you would like me to. Teams can then sell the unused tickets to other institutions or return them to the xcel.

I hate to disagree, but you are wrong sir. Each school is automatically give 600 per ncaa policy. I can direct you to policy page number if you would like me to. Teams can then sell the unused tickets to other institutions or return them to the xcel.

Correct...they can sell the unused tickets... and as courtesy they sell them to the athletic departments of the teams remaining in the tournament because their fans want and will use them. Those contacts have to be made before the regionals not after...hence huge mistake...

Correct...they can sell the unused tickets... and as courtesy they sell them to the athletic departments of the teams remaining in the tournament because their fans want and will use them. Those contacts have to be made before the regionals not after...hence huge mistake...

You do realize that it is 600 to each school in the Frozen Four, NOT every school that made the NCAA Tournament. I would imagine that Michigan and Notre Dame will find users for their 600 tickets, and I know Duluth found users for their 600. There aren't any other tickets to get...

You do realize that it is 600 to each school in the Frozen Four, NOT every school that made the NCAA Tournament. I would imagine that Michigan and Notre Dame will find users for their 600 tickets, and I know Duluth found users for their 600. There aren't any other tickets to get...

That is not correct...the other 12 teams on the tournament also got tickets...Denver gave UND the cold shoulder when they called them on Monday for their tickets...

• Downvote 1

It may be the 2010 manual, but I expect not much has changed:

Semifinals and Final: Each institution participating in the semifinals and final may purchase 600 tickets for both sessions. An institution may return any of the 600 unsold all-session tickets by 5 p.m. local time the Monday before the semifinal competition. Single-session tickets may not be returned to the tournament manager. The institution will be obligated to purchase any of the 600 all-session tickets not returned to the tournament manager before the 5 p.m. deadline. Any tickets not sold before the specified deadline should be offered to the other participating institutions that desire additional tickets.

I don't see the other 12 (of the 16 in post season) getting tickets to the Frozen Four in that. All I see are the semifinalists (the Frozen Four) getting rights to 600 tickets per institution.

Source: http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/champ_handbooks/ice_hockey/2010/10_1_m_icehockey.pdf , Section titled "Tickets", page 24.

I don't see the other 12 (of the 16 in post season) getting tickets to the Frozen Four in that. All I see are the semifinalists (the Frozen Four) getting rights to 600 tickets per institution.

Source: http://fs.ncaa.org/D...m_icehockey.pdf , Section titled "Tickets", page 24.

It's the same in the 2011 manual: http://www.ncaa.com/...frozenFINAL.pdf see page 25

Source: http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/champ_handbooks/ice_hockey/2010/10_1_m_icehockey.pdf , Section titled "Tickets", page 24.

This is from the 2011 manual:

Finals

NCAA

Exactly. If they were to give 600 tickets to every team in the NCAA Tournament, that would be 9600 tickets. I'm not sure who has been giving sixpack such terrible information, but I would quit listening to them as they are full of it.

That was my exact sentiment without saying it. There are always people who know people, but who are those people?

I stand by my statement that other schools besides those in the frozen four have tickets to the event...probably not 600, but they have tickets. UND was alloted 600 from the NCAA but only 200 and change made it to FSC members.

If UND didn't think they could lobby other schools for their tickets then why did UND email the entire 2300 FSC membership to put in their ticket requests? UND obviously anticipated getting more or they would have only had contacted the first 100 on the FSC priority list and not the entire list as only the first 100 FSC members got tickets.

Yes this year is a high demand year for tickets because of the market it is in and the the teams that made it, i.e. UND. But this event isn't as big of an event that many of you make it out to be. I love the talk of the lottery to get tickets to the Frozen Four. Lottery...really...do you know anybody that put in for tickets in this so called lottery that didn't get them? Not much of a lottery. I was in Columbus a few years ago and watched my cousin buy championship game tickets for $15. They were nosebleeds but he was able to work his way down through the many open seats to a decent seat.

So you see this event is not always a high demand event like it is this year and yes other schools do get tickets for that very reason.

• Downvote 1

I stand by my statement that other schools besides those in the frozen four have tickets to the event...probably not 600, but they have tickets. UND was alloted 600 from the NCAA but only 200 and change made it to FSC members.

If UND didn't think they could lobby other schools for their tickets then why did UND email the entire 2300 FSC membership to put in their ticket requests? UND obviously anticipated getting more or they would have only had contacted the first 100 on the FSC priority list and not the entire list as only the first 100 FSC members got tickets.

Yes this year is a high demand year for tickets because of the market it is in and the the teams that made it, i.e. UND. But this event isn't as big of an event that many of you make it out to be. I love the talk of the lottery to get tickets to the Frozen Four. Lottery...really...do you know anybody that put in for tickets in this so called lottery that didn't get them? Not much of a lottery. I was in Columbus a few years ago and watched my cousin buy championship game tickets for $15. They were nosebleeds but he was able to work his way down through the many open seats to a decent seat.

So you see this event is not always a high demand event like it is this year and yes other schools do get tickets for that very reason.

I guess if we give you absolute proof that you are wrong, and you still "stand by your statement" then there really isn't anything left to say. You have no clue whatsoever how the ticketing works for the Frozen Four.

• Upvote 1

I guess if we give you absolute proof that you are wrong, and you still "stand by your statement" then there really isn't anything left to say. You have no clue whatsoever how the ticketing works for the Frozen Four.

Your proof shows where 2400 of the 18,500 tickets go...there are still 16,100 remaining...other schools do get tickets for the event. I don't see many Duluth fans looking for tickets do you? Look at the ticket requests on the websites. Surely they don't travel as well as we do and we would blow them away in ticket sales but I am guessing UMD secured more tickets for them then UND did for us...I wish I was wrong but I am afraid there will be hundreds of UND fans left out...I would still encourage our fans to go anyway without a ticket as it is always a great time!

Your proof shows where 2400 of the 18,500 tickets go...there are still 16,100 remaining...other schools do get tickets for the event. I don't see many Duluth fans looking for tickets do you? Look at the ticket requests on the websites. Surely they don't travel as well as we do and we would blow them away in ticket sales but I am guessing UMD secured more tickets for them then UND did for us...I wish I was wrong but I am afraid there will be hundreds of UND fans left out...I would still encourage our fans to go anyway without a ticket as it is always a great time!

FROZEN FOUR DRAFT LOTTERY.... hello?!

You can if you choose.... decide to go into the Frozen Four draft lottery. THIS IS WHERE A MAJORITY GET TICKETS.

Each school gets 600. They distribute those however they see fit. Students get some tickets, Fighting Sioux Club got some, players FAMILIES get some tickets as each player is allowed four tickets. It adds up.

Please stop this whining because you couldn't get tickets. There will be tons of Sioux fans at the Xcel. A Notre Dame fan on USCHO didn't think they would sell their allotted 600, so there could potentially be some returns on Monday. But you're crazy if you think there won't be any support for the Sioux in St Paul. Look at how many on this board and their friends and family have tickets?! Michigan will not have more fans than we will. And UMD had a large demand for tickets as well. You need to stop being childish about this. Not every UND fan that wants tickets is going to be able to get them. The games are in SAINT PAUL, not TAMPA. We can drive there, of course the demand is going to be higher this year than in other years.

I'm sorry that I got tickets 3 weeks ago and no, you can't have them.

FROZEN FOUR DRAFT LOTTERY.... hello?!

You can if you choose.... decide to go into the Frozen Four draft lottery. THIS IS WHERE A MAJORITY GET TICKETS.

Each school gets 600. They distribute those however they see fit. Students get some tickets, Fighting Sioux Club got some, players FAMILIES get some tickets as each player is allowed four tickets. It adds up.

Please stop this whining because you couldn't get tickets. There will be tons of Sioux fans at the Xcel. A Notre Dame fan on USCHO didn't think they would sell their allotted 600, so there could potentially be some returns on Monday. But you're crazy if you think there won't be any support for the Sioux in St Paul. Look at how many on this board and their friends and family have tickets?! Michigan will not have more fans than we will. And UMD had a large demand for tickets as well. You need to stop being childish about this. Not every UND fan that wants tickets is going to be able to get them. The games are in SAINT PAUL, not TAMPA. We can drive there, of course the demand is going to be higher this year than in other years.

I'm sorry that I got tickets 3 weeks ago and no, you can't have them.

I have tickets. Yes I too believe that their will be tons of Sioux fans in the Xcel but I think it is too bad there couldn't be more...you are missing the point...and please stop with the Draft Lottery talk...a lottery where everybody that enters wins...

I have tickets. Yes I too believe that their will be tons of Sioux fans in the Xcel but I think it is too bad there couldn't be more...you are missing the point...and please stop with the Draft Lottery talk...a lottery where everybody that enters wins...

A group of four of us each put in for the lottery, two of the four got tickets, two of us didn't.

Read the threads on uscho regarding ticket location and you will see there were others who were denied tickets through the lottery.