SiouxSports.com Forum

Craigslist Scamming

Anybody who is looking to purchase tickets through Craigslist avoid buying tickets from Joseph Griffin email: jsp.griffin@gmail.com. He claims to be from Great Falls, MT and doesn't need payment until you receive the tickets but if you read the details on the transaction the person being paid is in Great Britain. He has many listings out there so be careful.

Anybody who is looking to purchase tickets through Craigslist avoid buying tickets from Joseph Griffin email: jsp.griffin@gmail.com. He claims to be from Great Falls, MT and doesn't need payment until you receive the tickets but if you read the details on the transaction the person being paid is in Great Britain. He has many listings out there so be careful.

I second this post. He is actually sending emails to others trying to buy on craigslist.

I second this post. He is actually sending emails to others trying to buy on craigslist.

I will third this post!! And he wants payment sent via Western Union money transfer. Don't ever send money to someone you don't know via Western Union (even they will tell you this).

I would avoid Craigslist all together unless you can physically make the money for tickets exchange. Any time Western Union (or any wire service) is requested it is a scam. The Minneapolis Craigslist appears to be mostly scammers. I copied/pasted one of the scams that is still up.

Frozen Four Tickets, Club Level Seats, April 7 and 9th - $500

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 2011-03-28, 4:02PM CDT

Reply to: see below

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NCAA Men's Frozen Four Tickets, April 7 & 9th, St. Paul Minnesota. 2 Club Level Seats to all 3 games!!

Section C23, Row 4, Seats 5 & 6

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask: patrfrey@aol.com

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2291946396

No contact info? if the poster didn't include a phone number, email, or

other contact info, craigslist can notify them via email.

Thanks for the info, I was suspicious of the patrfrey one...asking for Full Name, Address, eBay id...

I would avoid Craigslist all together unless you can physically make the money for tickets exchange. Any time Western Union (or any wire service) is requested it is a scam. The Minneapolis Craigslist appears to be mostly scammers. I copied/pasted one of the scams that is still up.

Frozen Four Tickets, Club Level Seats, April 7 and 9th - $500

Date: 2011-03-28, 4:02PM CDT

Reply to: see below

NCAA Men's Frozen Four Tickets, April 7 & 9th, St. Paul Minnesota. 2 Club Level Seats to all 3 games!!

Section C23, Row 4, Seats 5 & 6

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask: patrfrey@aol.com

I will third this post!! And he wants payment sent via Western Union money transfer. Don't ever send money to someone you don't know via Western Union (even they will tell you this).

Thanks for the heads up. I thought I was onto something good here until I saw the Great Britain address and Western Union request. He sent an email asking for payment that looks like it is from eBay but nothing shows up on my eBay account.

I also just inquired on craigslist, and got a Joseph Griffin email back, this is a scam, don't get taken!

Hello,

My name is Joseph Griffin. I am not a ticket broker. I have to sell them because i will not be able to go.

The total price for all of them is $900. I`m located in Great Falls, MT. Because i am out of town i would like to do the transaction through eBay.In order to start the transaction i will need your full name, address and your eBay id. They will send you an invoice how to purchase the tickets from me ( You will send the money to eBay. They will send the funds to me ONLY AFTER you will send them the confirmation that you received the tickets and they are real).

Thank You

I work at a bank, and we see this all the time.

I know someone who fell for this as the seats are $250 each. They want you to send the money through Western Union. ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS: DON'T DO IT. Once you send the money through Western Union it is gone forever and you still won't have tickets.

Yikes. I also got an email from him. Thankfully I held out and my friend got us some face-value tickets in the 4th row of lower!

Thanks for the heads up. I thought I was onto something good here until I saw the Great Britain address and Western Union request. He sent an email asking for payment that looks like it is from eBay but nothing shows up on my eBay account.

I was thinking the same thing, until the Western Union thing came up. :0