SiouxSports.com Forum

New turf at the Alerus

darell1976

I just absolutely hate the interlocking ND logo. It's not our logo. That is why I suggested putting an outline of the state at midfield.

Hate to break it to you, but it is one of our logos. The interlocking ND has been on the football helmet for years. Even when we adobted the blackhawk, the geometric , and the current sioux logo, the football team used the interlocking ND. It will always be a logo for Sioux football.

I'd be curious to see what the naming rights agreement requires re: Alerus logos on the field itself. Don't be surprised if the 50 yard line looks just like it does right now (hopefully not). Only changes could be different endzones and Big Sky logos on 25s.

I doubt you will see Big Sky logos. Turf is made to last ten years? With conference realignments nowawdays...not sure how hard it would be to switch the Big Sky logos out if need be.

7999294.jpg

If we don't represent our conference by placing Big Sky logos on the 25s, I'll be very upset. Schools much more likely to realign before us display them (e.g. Montana, Montana State). With all the glamour talk about the Big Sky, I find it slightly hypocritical to say we shouldn't display Big Sky logos because we may realign soon after. Here is what I hope UND decides on:

2gvo9qd.jpg

This is 100% what the new field should look like. I have a bad feeling that the in-your-face ugly Alerus logo is gonna be plastered all over the new turf!! btw you should send in another pic for the new floor in the Betty...its not that bad as the alerus but it needs some help...

If we don't represent our conference by placing Big Sky logos on the 25s, I'll be very upset. Schools much more likely to realign before us display them (e.g. Montana, Montana State). With all the glamour talk about the Big Sky, I find it slightly hypocritical to say we shouldn't display Big Sky logos because we may realign soon after. Here is what I hope UND decides on:

2gvo9qd.jpg

LOVE the black endzones!

2gvo9qd.jpg

They would go well with black home uniforms!

Very Nice FB-FAN! Love it! Agree about the Big Sky logo too.

How about Silver pants and helmet to go with the black jerseys? gotta say the Oakland Raiders uniforms are nice, even though I'm a Packer backer

Tell us more! Need hints.

Just look around at other college teams who invested in new uniforms this year. There is a recurring theme with the helmets. And there have been things said on this board about what is wrong with our jerseys. Just try and use your imagination and remember what other teams maybe in the ST. of oklahoma or some place around there did with their uniforms (helmets) this year. That's all I'm saying.

I find it slightly hypocritical to say we shouldn't display Big Sky logos because we may realign soon after.

I would like to see Big Sky logos too. I am just saying I have my doubt there will be any.

Why wasn't there NCC logos on the old turf? In '01 or '00 when the turf was being bought there was virtually none if any talk about switching conferences or moving up to Division I.

And we know another thing is almost certain "Alerus Center" will appear on there...just like it is now and just like the Fargodome.

Just look around at other college teams who invested in new uniforms this year. There is a recurring theme with the helmets. And there have been things said on this board about what is wrong with our jerseys. Just try and use your imagination and remember what other teams maybe in the ST. of oklahoma or some place around there did with their uniforms (helmets) this year. That's all I'm saying.

So we are going gray? Well, our helmets used to be gray or silver, so that's cool.

Maybe like Minnesota's new helmets?