SiouxSports.com Forum

New turf at the Alerus

darell1976

They definetly need too. Whether people believe it or not stuff like that doesn't help with things such as recruiting. Not only that but it really takes a toll on the players body because it has little to no give when you land on it.

Yes they do need to. Field turf was the promise a year ago. So was the new practice facility. These kids are believing these promises.

• Upvote 1

What happened to the plans to re-build the Memorial Field on campus? There were at one time some renderings of what prospective stadiums might look like but not they have vanished off of the internet. Does anybody know how much longer we will be at the Alerus?

It all gets down to $! No one knows the answer to your question!

What happened to the plans to re-build the Memorial Field on campus? There were at one time some renderings of what prospective stadiums might look like but not they have vanished off of the internet. Does anybody know how much longer we will be at the Alerus?

If I could only remember all those renderings I have seen from UND/Grand Forks over the years.

*National hockey hall of fame

*Car/aerspace museum

*lightrails

*new alumni center

*remodeled memorial union (somesort of big UND sign on the outside).

fyi they have not vanished off the internet. just go to JLG Architects website. If I remember correctly the open air horseshoe design was no longer apart of the "plans" but who knows.

Sweet pics of the ralph and alerus center on the JLG website.

If I could only remember all those renderings I have seen from UND/Grand Forks over the years.

*National hockey hall of fame

*Car/aerspace museum

*lightrails

*new alumni center

*remodeled memorial union (somesort of big UND sign on the outside).

fyi they have not vanished off the internet. just go to JLG Architects website. If I remember correctly the open air horseshoe design was no longer apart of the "plans" but who knows.

Sweet pics of the ralph and alerus center on the JLG website.

Thank you! How sweet would it be to watch Sioux football in that facility!?! I wonder how much something like the horse shoe bowl would cost?

Keep scheduling SDSM, Black Hills State, Montana Western etc. and they can play the games at Valley Middle School field.

• Upvote 1

• 8 months later...

The practice facility would come long before the new stadium. The day we see that started is the day we should discuss the new stadium. The whole design with the entire campus is a 20 year plan so we get to sit on our hands for awhile. And just look at what the Vikings have gone through to try and get a new stadium, unless we get a massive donation any time soon we will wait for a long long time.

Notre Dame plays at the Alerus?

Well most schools place their logo at midfield, and currently our only logo is the interlocking ND. In addition, Notre Dame's logo is not interlocking and Notre Dame doesn’t use a logo at midfield anyways. I guess I would just hate to see a blank midfield.

I've always like the interlocking ND, I suppose because I'm more of a football fan than anything else. It has been a constant in the althletic department forever. The Indian head logo has been changed so many times over the years it has been hard for me to latch onto.

I know you don't like it because of its subtle similarity to Notre Dame's use of the same letters of the alphabet, but when I see a New York Mets hat, I don't confuse it with a Yankees hat..............

• Upvote 1