SiouxSports.com Forum

Early Departures 2011

gfhockey

I think the biggest factor is that Kristo is currently Montreal's number-one rated prospect. We all know that Kristo would likely be better served playing another season at the college level rather than spending what is likely to be a year in the AHL. There is a rumor on this thread that Kristo has stopped attending classes, but we don't know that. So what we do know is that he's a valued commodity of the Canadiens, and I think he's playing at a level high enough to justify leaving.

Perhaps Hakstol can convince him to stay if he's thinking otherwise.

If he does choose to leave the likely number one reason is bolded within your post. There are many new Sioux fans who need to get a life.

I'm showing my age, but the Sioux had a little guy by the name of Kevin Maxwell back in 1979 that lit it up his first year here. If Grimaldi is anything like him, we're in for a treat.

I seem to remember a fella named Smail about that time as well.

But when they asked him if hes going to go pro he told them hes going to anaylze everything and weigh the pros and cons and discuss with islanders and hakstol

if this is what he'll do he is gone. the isles don't like players playing in college and Hak will tell him he is ready to go. I don'e care how heralded these freshmen are, next year will be some sort of a rebuilding year.

If he does choose to leave the likely number one reason is bolded within your post. There are many new Sioux fans who need to get a life.

I'm not sure what you mean by this comment. All I was saying is that someone started a rumor that Kristo was no longer attending classes, and I don't think that's verifiable at this point. Also, if the "new Sioux fan" line was directed at me, I'd think before you post next time. Just because I've recently joined this forum doesn't mean I'm a "new fan." Whatever the h*ll that means.

• Upvote 1

Also, if Kristo leaves it's not because he stopped attending classes. You put the cart in front of the horse. If Kristo has stopped attending classes, it's because he's already decided to leave.

I'm not sure what you mean by this comment. All I was saying is that someone started a rumor that Kristo was no longer attending classes, and I don't think that's verifiable at this point. Also, if the "new Sioux fan" line was directed at me, I'd think before you post next time. Just because I've recently joined this forum doesn't mean I'm a "new fan." Whatever the h*ll that means.

take it in stride, there are many people on here who think because they have over 1,000 posts they know everything about sioux hockey and have insider information on everything. they hate hearing things that might be demeaning to the team they love because they don't want to hear the truth or they think you are a troll bashing their team. we are all sioux fans here so it shouldn't matter who has the most posts (as lot of people's posts are just saying the score of a game or "SCORE" when the sioux score).

So what does every think the chances are that Gregoire decides to forgo his senior season? Considering that the New York Islanders own his draft rights..my guess is that him leaving early is above 50%.

Who are the other big possibilities of leaving early?

We are all so worried about players leaving early that have the rights owned by the islanders, BUT that was the trend with the gophers. One of the reasons being that the islanders didn't feel that Lucia develops players well enough. I would like to think that is different in ND. I have heard that the NHL likes the way that players can develop here. Gregiore is not a Toews type of player and has development in his game needed. This guy would do nothing but improve his contract by staying a year.

Also, if Kristo leaves it's not because he stopped attending classes. You put the cart in front of the horse. If Kristo has stopped attending classes, it's because he's already decided to leave.

OR maybe his convalescence got him so far behind in school that moving on looked more doable than getting those grades back up.

OR maybe his convalescence got him so far behind in school that moving on looked more doable than getting those grades back up.

OR maybe he's working hard to catch up from his health-related absence and the internet rumors are baseless.

We are all so worried about players leaving early that have the rights owned by the islanders, BUT that was the trend with the gophers. One of the reasons being that the islanders didn't feel that Lucia develops players well enough. I would like to think that is different in ND. I have heard that the NHL likes the way that players can develop here. Gregiore is not a Toews type of player and has development in his game needed. This guy would do nothing but improve his contract by staying a year.

It isn't just the Gophers though. The Islanders signed Matt Donovan after playing 2 seasons in Denver.

It isn't just the Gophers though. The Islanders signed Matt Donovan after playing 2 seasons in Denver.

The player has to want to go too. It's not just the club trying to get said players out of situations. They have to want to go. Ness was probably a "need" to get out of Minny. Donovan probably wanted to leave and thought he was ready for the pro game.

From Schlossman's twitter.

Brad Malone has signed a two-year deal with Colorado. Will report to Lake Erie and play in AHL playoffs.

A new version of the Pony Express will ride again. Best of luck in the playoffs! We'll miss you.