SiouxSports.com Forum

Early Departures 2011

gfhockey

This is one of the most troublesome double meaning words in the world of sports. I often misread "resigned" (to voluntarily leave a position) as "re-signed" (to ink a new contract). Does anyone else do this?

Dave

A lot of people actually forget the hyphen and write resigned when they mean re-signed. (Technically re-signed is not a word.) So yes, I'm with you on the misreading.

• Downvote 2

Russell deserves a better fate. His team won their exhibition opener, and then went 3-0-2 (beating NMU, LSS, and MSUM, tied NMU and MSUM).

But from Oct 16 to that freaky Friday (Feb 18) in Denver the number under the "W" did not change. I guess no coach would survive "zero for four months". :(

C Piss signed with the Lake Erie Monsters of the AHL. I did not find any Sioux players going against nim in the next five games, but surely someone will beat the snot out of him. :lol: Just something to look for and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!! :whistling::devil::lol:

I am with you on this one. I can't wait to see the video of Cepis getting his teeth knocked in. He will find out quickly the refs won't get in between him and someone wanting to knock his head off like they do in the WCHA.

I doubt Cepis will get into many fights....

Cepis will fade into oblivion though. He doesn't have as good a stick as Earl had, so I doubt he'll even get a sniff at the NHL.

What Cepis will notice is that his diving antics won't work as well as they did in the WCHA. He not only won't earn the penalties he got gifted while in the WCHA, he'll likely earn a benching or two.

In any case, his offensive numbers will dip.

I doubt Cepis will get into many fights....

Cepis will fade into oblivion though. He doesn't have as good a stick as Earl had, so I doubt he'll even get a sniff at the NHL.

What Cepis will notice is that his diving antics won't work as well as they did in the WCHA. He not only won't earn the penalties he got gifted while in the WCHA, he'll likely earn a benching or two.

In any case, his offensive numbers will dip.

Or perhaps what Earl earned....a beating by a teammate for it.

I am with you on this one. I can't wait to see the video of Cepis getting his teeth knocked in. He will find out quickly the refs won't get in between him and someone wanting to knock his head off like they do in the WCHA.

As soon as it makes it to the Internet it will be put up for all to see.

Why a one way deal?

Could he have gotten 3 year entry level deal somewhere else?

Well yeah, but do you think if you got offered a one-way deal with the big club you would turn it down as opposed to a two-way deal with someone else? This basically means he can't be demoted to the AHL without waivers.... I think... so he'll be playing with the big boys.

Well yeah, but do you think if you got offered a one-way deal with the big club you would turn it down as opposed to a two-way deal with someone else? This basically means he can't be demoted to the AHL without waivers.... I think... so he'll be playing with the big boys.

That's my understanding as well. According to Brad, since he's 25, he's exempt from the entry-level restrictions, which may be a big reason he came back for his senior season.

There is some speculation that Jaden Schwartz may be bolting CC for Tri-City of the WHL.....linky below.

My link

This is just speculation, but it does come from one of the Blues more credible beat writers, huge loss for CC if it happens though.

The only question I have is: So, going and playing against 16 year olds in the "W" is going to make him a better player??? that's funny. :lol:

The only question I have is: So, going and playing against 16 year olds in the "W" is going to make him a better player??? that's funny. :lol:

Yeah, I never liked the idea that the WHL is a better place to develop players. I normally don't believe this speculation, but Strickland is a very credible source. I say he stays at CC, but if the Blues want him to play a longer schedule I could see him bolting.

There is some speculation that Jaden Schwartz may be bolting CC for Tri-City of the WHL.....linky below.

My link

This is just speculation, but it does come from one of the Blues more credible beat writers, huge loss for CC if it happens though.

The only thing I question is the fact that the writer says that the WHL team has had discussions with the BLUES not with Schwartz. I don't know where the kid's head is at, but I just don't know if he would bolt for the W. Maybe for the NHL, but not the W. But what the heck do I know....