SiouxSports.com Forum

2011 Volleyball Season

gfhockey

Honestly I think a combination of too much downtime and the travel caused our girls to be flat. It's been 10 days since their last match and they had too much time to sit and relax. UVU is a good team and showed it. We'll just have to beat them in the tourney, as I think the tourney champ will come down to these two teams again.

Honestly I think a combination of too much downtime and the travel caused our girls to be flat. It's been 10 days since their last match and they had too much time to sit and relax. UVU is a good team and showed it. We'll just have to beat them in the tourney, as I think the tourney champ will come down to these two teams again.

The conference tourney will most likely come down to UND and UVU. However, the layoff and the travel are just excuses that don't hold water. UVU beat UND in 4 sets both times they played.

Sioux lighting up the home floors and stadiums since being told the name is being retired. THE SIOUX will always remain CHAMPIONS in football and volleyball. I hope the same will be said about the guys basketball team after this year as well as the wemans team.

Congrats to the Sioux ladies and Coach Hardee on their third straight Great West tournament championship.

Hardee made a huge adjustment to Utah Valley's play by inserting a second setter, Krueger, in addition to Husfeldt. Krueger, who was all-conference last year, didn't get much playing time this year because of the freshman Husfeldt, but was a key player in UND's win over Utah Valley and even made the all-tournament team.

Sioux finish the year 26-5.

Next year: Big Sky Championship.

Will definitely miss the seniors!

Attendance was 1271. Not bad for Fighting Sioux club members having to pay. Students got in for free.

years past this championship only drew a couple hundred, but that was in Chicago and Houston I believe and no local team in championship.

Attendance was 1271. Not bad for Fighting Sioux club members having to pay. Students got in for free.

years past this championship only drew a couple hundred, but that was in Chicago and Houston I believe and no local team in championship.

If this game had been for an NCAA berth, a crowd of > 2000 could have been possible. Will be interesting to see how much the attendance grows in the Big Sky (if UND keeps winning).

UND #60 (of 327), just behind Notre Dame.

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/volleyball-women/d1

This really was another great VB season!

Two observations: 1) while the cupboard certainly isn't bare, we sure lose some good seniors. I hope we can land a couple more top recruits in addition to those announced last week. 2) someone has to be "knocking on Hardee's door" this off-season. I sure hope we can keep him. Larger programs can certainly offer a much bigger paycheck than us!

A great season - congrats, ladies!

This really was another great VB season!

Two observations: 1) while the cupboard certainly isn't bare, we sure lose some good seniors. I hope we can land a couple more top recruits in addition to those announced last week. 2) someone has to be "knocking on Hardee's door" this off-season. I sure hope we can keep him. Larger programs can certainly offer a much bigger paycheck than us!

A great season - congrats, ladies!

Key losses: Trefz, Russell, Smed and Bohannon

Returning difference makers: Munkeby, Parlich, Husfeldt, Robinson, Krueger, Ulrich and Turner

Unknown commodities (other than true frosh): Kaci Miller (6'3" transfer from California), E. Asche ( former Red River standout), Naomi Dahl (libero)

Key losses: Trefz, Russell, Smed and Bohannon

Returning difference makers: Munkeby, Parlich, Husfeldt, Robinson, Krueger, Ulrich and Turner

Unknown commodities (other than true frosh): Kaci Miller (6'3" transfer from California), E. Asche ( former Red River standout), Naomi Dahl (libero)

That's a lot of offense to lose.

Isn't there also a transfer from Colorado State?

• 3 months later...