SiouxSports.com Forum

Thought Hiring Idalski Was A Bad Idea?

lomackman

You're comparing recruits (the very definition of unknown potential) to US Olympians (proven potential).

Of course they won't look the same.

You bet I am. That is what I am saying. They have raised the bar so high it will be a long time before another player reaches that potential.

You bet I am. That is what I am saying. They have raised the bar so high it will be a long time before another player reaches that potential.

They will develop under Idalski's rigorous college regimen, a much higher-quality practice competition and elite game competition. If they are coming in "good" then I am sure they will leave "great." In the past 25 years, I have seen my share of men's recruits who've come in quite shaky and left as solid pro prospects.

• Upvote 1

I know some of the girls that have played against some of these girls and I gotta tell ya that they are good.....but not great. I have seen them play. Every time they have played them they have either beat them or tied them. Shelby Amsley-Benzi is the real deal though. Tough goaltender. Leah Jensen is the real deal too. She goes not-stop. The Marvin girls I am not so sure.Good players but not outstanding. Kayla Gardner can be good and has an absolutley wicked wrist shot. The Salo kid I really haven't seen play. The Kaiser girl too is good but not great. In my opinion, since we have gotten the twins, you have to compare any recruits coming in to them because they have set the standard. IMHO, these girls are not even close to the Lamarouux's. Now that is not to say that they won'thave great careers at UND.

I don't think you have to compare any incoming players to the twins. You just have to look at the overall picture and ask if they will help improve the team.

They will develop under Idalski's rigorous college regimen, a much higher-quality practice competition and elite game competition. If they are coming in "good" then I am sure they will leave "great." In the past 25 years, I have seen my share of men's recruits who've come in quite shaky and left as solid pro prospects.

No doubt....I have too. I guess my question is do the twins get frustrated playing with all that talent at international events and then come back to play with less talented players?

• Downvote 1

I know some of the girls that have played against some of these girls and I gotta tell ya that they are good.....but not great. I have seen them play. Every time they have played them they have either beat them or tied them. Shelby Amsley-Benzi is the real deal though. Tough goaltender. Leah Jensen is the real deal too. She goes not-stop. The Marvin girls I am not so sure.Good players but not outstanding. Kayla Gardner can be good and has an absolutley wicked wrist shot. The Salo kid I really haven't seen play. The Kaiser girl too is good but not great. In my opinion, since we have gotten the twins, you have to compare any recruits coming in to them because they have set the standard. IMHO, these girls are not even close to the Lamarouux's. Now that is not to say that they won'thave great careers at UND.

Oh, yeah, I was going to tell you that I really enjoyed your assessment of the incoming players. Great insight! I learned a lot.

No doubt....I have too. I guess my question is do the twins get frustrated playing with all that talent at international events and then come back to play with less talented players?

Better question, Do they get frustrated with the "lack" of talent at the international events?. Other than Canada, they don't really face a lot of talent. I would think US College hockey is much more competitive overall. Beating up on Russia, Switzerland and China can't be real fulfilling. Beating the gophers sure is!

Better question, Do they get frustrated with the "lack" of talent at the international events?. Other than Canada, they don't really face a lot of talent. I would think US College hockey is much more competitive overall. Beating up on Russia, Switzerland and China can't be real fulfilling. Beating the gophers sure is!

I would agree. I can't believe how bad the Russian women are. Wow.