SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA Playoffs Opening Round

dakotadan

Nice win Sioux!

Is there any chance for Dartmouth to jump over the Sioux for the NCAA's if they lose to UW?

Thinking the same thing. Although Wisconsin is #1 which shouldn't hurt UND in the pairwise. An upset win would guarantee a tournament berth, thats for sure.

They just updated the women's pairwise rankings and the Sioux and Dartmouth are now tied for 8th. I don't know a ton about women's NCAA hockey, but I looked over Dartmouth's schedule and they don't have anywhere close to the schedule that the Sioux played. I hope UND's season doesn't end because they are playing the #1 team in the nation, and they drop below Harvard or Dartmouth.

The RPIs will be very close if the Sioux lose to Wisconsin and Dartmouth beats Harvard but loses to Cornell. If the Sioux lose and Dartmouth loses to Harvard, UND will be fine.

What needs to happen to ensure a Sioux at-large (outside of winning the autobid themselves)

Harvard and Cornell to win the ECAC semis and Cornell to win the title and either BU or BC winning Hockey East.

If Providence, Northeastern or an ECAC team other than Cornell wins an autobid, then UND must win the WCHA to make the NCAAs.