SiouxSports.com Forum

Whitey's......sad

coachdags

A trip to The Spud and Whitey's in Oct 1980. Yikes, is that really over 30 years ago? :sad:

Buck pitchers followed for 2 for 1's. Not telling my kids about that.

No way could it be 30 years ago. :D

So how about the in booth juke boxes that didn't work but still had Dean Martin and Patti Page on them.

Buck pitchers followed for 2 for 1's. Not telling my kids about that.

No way could it be 30 years ago. :D

My spring semester of my senior year was built around buck pitchers. :D

How about 35 centers on Thursday nights??

I watched the Sioux beat the Badgers for the NC in '82 at The Spud.

So how about the in booth juke boxes that didn't work but still had Dean Martin and Patti Page on them.

Dean Martin is still one of my favorites, thanks to my many visits to Whiteys as a kid.

My spring semester of my senior year was built around buck pitchers. :D

How about 35 centers on Thursday nights??

I watched the Sioux beat the Badgers for the NC in '82 at The Spud.

Dean Martin is still one of my favorites, thanks to my many visits to Whiteys as a kid.

I'll admit that I cut some classes on Friday to make it in time to get a pitcher.

RIP, old friend. I spent many a Sunday night in the Back Bar, and the Side Bar. Stennes was a class act. Can't speak to the current/newest owners, but how can you f**k that up? :glare:

Agree, great memories. It was a favorite of mine but since I've been traveling for work, I hadn't been there in years.

This thread really brought back the memories. My first legal drink in th Bridge bar across from Whitey's. Tea night at the Bridge, When the bridge went downhill (Bleacher seating WTF!!!) watching for the lines to get short at the Antique and Whitey's from the Bridge windows because it was too dam cold out to stand for 15 minutes. Getting my then high school girlfriend, now wife, into the back bar at Whiteys to shoot pool and eat peanuts. needless to say it became her favorite bar. The red head we called firebush in the pull tab box. I always liked the walleye in the restaurant, though I could only afford it on rare occasions. Murf trying to drink all the different beers.... some were god awful. The spud and buck pichters, such a blurry memory. Smashed playing that sink the sub game or whatever it was called. Great times, i think?? I went to Whiteys a few years ago and have to agree it was not the same but the memories were worth it... aw to be young again.

Hauled to the dump since Frenchy's was build on a concrete slab.

Way back a few years after Frenchy's closed some guy at a storage site said that he had all the old mugs and was willing to let people pick them up. I never got into Frenchy's and never had a mug so I didn't worry much about who had what.

Still this was all pre flood I suppose and I don't know that someone would have held on to them all.