SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 Recruiting

UND Fan

Sioux10Fan

Joe Mollberg. Class of 2012 quarterback from Detroit Lakes High School, was offered by the Sioux last week. Mollberg will be attending junior days at SDSU, MN, UND, and Iowa in the next four weeks.

You must be familiar with him - does he have any favorites, connections with any specific schools, etc?

Sioux10Fan

Mollberg grew up idolizing the Manke boys from Detroit Lakes for all the right reasons. All three were great athletes, but even better people, so Mollberg is a Sioux fan. He also likes the Bison, but with 6 QBS on roster that will be tough. He is going to South Dakota this weekend for a junior day. All kids dream about D1 and I heard he is going to junior days at MN, Iowa and WI. Air Force has contacted him as they run the veer, which is what DL runs in HS. (Ironically it was Tim Brewster who told Air Force about him after Brewster was let go) Mollberg has a year to make any decision, so there is no rush at this point.

Sioux10Fan

Mollberg grew up idolizing the Manke boys from Detroit Lakes for all the right reasons. All three were great athletes, but even better people, so Mollberg is a Sioux fan. He also likes the Bison, but with 6 QBS on roster that will be tough. He is going to South Dakota this weekend for a junior day. All kids dream about D1 and I heard he is going to junior days at MN, Iowa and WI. Air Force has contacted him as they run the veer, which is what DL runs in HS. (Ironically it was Tim Brewster who told Air Force about him after Brewster was let go) Mollberg has a year to make any decision, so there is no rush at this point.

Tough sell for UND or even NDSU with the Big 10 schools of Wisconsin, Minnesota, Nebraska, and Iowa looking at this kid. Unless he could get a starting job right away and not sit on the bench which could happen with the bigger schools.

Tough sell for UND or even NDSU with the Big 10 schools of Wisconsin, Minnesota, Nebraska, and Iowa looking at this kid. Unless he could get a starting job right away and not sit on the bench which could happen with the bigger schools.

I think "looking" is the operative word. Minnesota has already offered a quarterback from Mankato, which likely means Mollberg is at best second on their list among Minnesota high school quarterbacks (to say nothing of players from other states). Mollberg certainly may end up going to an FBS program, but I suspect there's a pretty good chance he'll end up going FCS.

I think "looking" is the operative word. Minnesota has already offered a quarterback from Mankato, which likely means Mollberg is at best second on their list among Minnesota high school quarterbacks (to say nothing of players from other states). Mollberg certainly may end up going to an FBS program, but I suspect there's a pretty good chance he'll end up going FCS.

If this kid is FBS material......LET'S GET HIM!!!!

I have created a "2012 Recruiting" page in Wiki. Let me know who else should be added.

It is good to see UND being quite active with next year's recruiting. Does anyone know if there are any ND/NW MN kids that may be of DI caliber next year (other than Mollberg)?

For whatever it's worth at this stage of the game, Rivals lists UND "interest" in eight players so far for 2012, including a number of kids from Nebraska, Mollberg from Detroit Lakes and QB Malik Watson from Pittsburg, CA the hometown of the Butler brothers.

I have created a "2012 Recruiting" page in Wiki. Let me know who else should be added.

It is good to see UND being quite active with next year's recruiting. Does anyone know if there are any ND/NW MN kids that may be of DI caliber next year (other than Mollberg)?

Detroit Lakes has another kid who is very athletic. Outside Linebacker Brain Labatt. 6' 1" 190 lbs he will be a Senior next year. It will depend on how he develops between now and next fall. Perham Mn. has a Soph BB player, FB player who is about 6'2" and 190 lbs. He is going to be an excellent HS FB player. Very strong and athletic BB player for Perham BB team will be their QB next year and should be LB, DE or strong safety.

Detroit Lakes has another kid who is very athletic. Outside Linebacker Brain Labatt. 6' 1" 190 lbs he will be a Senior next year. It will depend on how he develops between now and next fall. Perham Mn. has a Soph BB player, FB player who is about 6'2" and 190 lbs. He is going to be an excellent HS FB player. Very strong and athletic BB player for Perham BB team will be their QB next year and should be LB, DE or strong safety.

Do you know if UND is looking at him?

Sioux10Fan

Joe Mollberg. Class of 2012 quarterback from Detroit Lakes High School, was offered by the Sioux last week. Mollberg will be attending junior days at SDSU, MN, UND, and Iowa in the next four weeks.

You must be familiar with him - does he have any favorites, connections with any specific schools, etc?

Sioux10Fan

Apparently SDSU has now offered Mollberg.

They have. Mollberg scored 24pts in 4 point BB loss to Bemidji tonight. Woods kid (also a jr.) from Bemidji is very quick. I believe was a DB.

Carey Woods must also be a heck of a BB player - scroing 52 against GF Central and many games in the 20s and 30s. I saw on a Iowa Hawkeye website that UND and NDSU had offered him - for BB. I don't think that is fact.

Do we know that UND is interested in him for FB or where you just meaning that he may be a potential recruit?

Here is a player to add to the interest list.

QB Derek McGinnis Crete, Nebraska Crete 6'3" 195 4.7

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Derek-McGinnis-122095?colleges=show#college_choices

I think this would be a great year for recruiting a QB since we won't have one in this class and assuming one next year would be red-shirted . he would be competing against Jrs. after his red-shirt year. Whether it be Mollberg, Mcginnis or someone else, I think we would have an attractive situation.

Carey Woods must also be a heck of a BB player - scroing 52 against GF Central and many games in the 20s and 30s. I saw on a Iowa Hawkeye website that UND and NDSU had offered him - for BB. I don't think that is fact.

Do we know that UND is interested in him for FB or where you just meaning that he may be a potential recruit?

Don't know UND's interest, just think he is a potential recruit because of his speed and athletic ability. I have not seen him play FB.

A couple more of interest per rivals.

LB Myles Copeland Wichita, Kansas Collegiate 6'1" 217 N/A - no known offers

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Myles-Copeland-109185?colleges=show#college_choices

ATH Adam Bungum Dodge Center, Minnesota Triton 6'2" 180 4.6 - no known offers

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Adam-Bungum-124205?colleges=show#college_choices