SiouxSports.com Forum

Murray Dismissed

UND1983

It will come out eventually, wait.

Also, NDSU has had there fair share of stuff swept under the rug. What happened with Sidney Haynes - never saw an article detailing that? How about Ojuri-no fact finding mission there either. Any others?

The only reason we heard about Schultenover and The Triple B's (Best Buy Boys) was because their felony crimes were of such epic proportions. The Forum had no other choice.

This entire post is one giant crock of BS. The Forum reports basically everything it can, the Herald may as well call itself the UND Campus Press.

The Forum reports basically everything it can, the Herald may as well call itself the UND Campus Press.

I disagree. Both newspapers are owned by the same company. The Herald was all over TJ Oshie's inablity to refrain from relieving himself while in an elevator. They were all over Brad Kelley and Bobby Stroup. Matt Frattin, Matt Greene.................They got the scoop when Robbie Bina thwarted Grand Forks' Finest...............................just last week a Forum writer attempted to blame the demise of the UND nickname on UND's own administration.

Perhaps NDSU student-athletes are just more apt to getting into trouble?....................

It is afterall the larger of the two the Universities located in the larger city...........................more opportunities for kids to get into trouble.....................................

I've never understood NDSU fan's disdain for the Forum and Fargo media in general. They have two guys (Izzo and Kolpack) blogging regulary, great Saturday coverage for football...............Most on Bisonville ordained Dan Hammer the anti-christ because he called UND games, despite the fact that 70% of his sports talk show was devoted to NDSU and he rarely talked about UND........................

I disagree. Both newspapers are owned by the same company. The Herald was all over TJ Oshie's inablity to refrain from relieving himself while in an elevator. They were all over Brad Kelley and Bobby Stroup. Matt Frattin, Matt Greene.................They got the scoop when Robbie Bina thwarted Grand Forks' Finest...............................just last week a Forum writer attempted to blame the demise of the UND nickname on UND's own administration.

Perhaps NDSU student-athletes are just more apt to getting into trouble?....................

It is afterall the larger of the two the Universities located in the larger city...........................more opportunities for kids to get into trouble.....................................

I've never understood NDSU fan's disdain for the Forum and Fargo media in general. They have two guys (Izzo and Kolpack) blogging regulary, great Saturday coverage for football...............Most on Bisonville ordained Dan Hammer the anti-christ because he called UND games, despite the fact that 70% of his sports talk show was devoted to NDSU and he rarely talked about UND........................

I know enough to say what is in bold is just not true. I won't say NDSU athletes conduct themselves any better than UND athletes but I've spent enough time in GF and know enough people to say with extreme confidence that most UND students aren't sitting in their dorms studying on Friday and Saturday nights.

I don't think I've ever seen the Herald pump up a MIP like the Forum does. When Kristo got his MIP earlier this year it wasn't' quite the spectacle that Jensen's has been made into. Picture right up on the front page all day for everyone to see on the Forum. Don't think I saw that from the Herald or have ever seen it. Lately the Herald has been getting criticized for their coverage, there is a reason for that. Both papers maybe owned the same people but they don't have the same staff.

Kolpack is just a reporter and he had a scoop and what Douple said gave him a newsworthy story. You may hate Douple, which is fine. But don't hate on Kolpack for doing his job and being an actual journalist.

Most of the time I have no idea why some at BV whine about the media so much, Hammer was pretty bad(he is good on TV though) but I think anything short of wall-to-wall Bison talk won't be good enough for some at BV. Sadly most don't know how good NDSU has it, most FCS schools have to fight for 1/4 of the coverage NDSU gets.

What does all of this bison talk need to be in a UND forum about Josh Murray.Just give the kid credit for what he accomplished on the field.He did more in his time on the field than others do in an entire career.Lets remember that these are students first and athletes second.Not alot of UND players going to be playing on sundays.Lets just hope that Josh continues his education and leads a productive life.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Agree with this wholeheartedly. UND needs to get experienced quickly at a number of positions -- and you can add RB now -- and the abysmal 2011 schedule may be just what's needed. Interesting to see if Garman will play as a true freshman.

On another note, I caught the news today when I tuned in briefly -- first time in months -- to the noon sports show on 740 in Fargo. Don't know who the host was. Unfortunately, he announced the hour would be "wall to wall" NDSU pimping but interrupted the schedule to "break the news" of Murray's dismissal at UND -- all in a celebratory tone and repleat with sound effects. Heard a little of McFeeley yesterday on 790 as well, ranting about the Douple story and asking why Grand Forks media wasn't digging up the details of Kristo's injury.He went on to broadly infer, on the air, that Kristo was drunk. What a vindictive, classless organization Radio Fargo-Moorhead seems to have become ... but maybe its a stipulation of the contract with the AC.[/quote]

If a school you do not like loses a good player you will probably celebrate? I guess maybe you are above that and NDSU is the only group of people that will smile about stuff like that. As for saying Forgo-Moorhead Radio is classless and vindicative, it should be known that every single person I know who goes to UND, around 20 or so, were talking at a party about how funny it was that Kristo got drunk and got frostbite(or something along those lines). I assume Fargo-Moorhead media are the only people who might infer that it is believed that Kristo was "injured" while taking a nap in a snowbank while drunk.

However, yes, not necessarily bad for UND to lose a senior runningback in a meaningless season. Gets the younger guys ready to go.