SiouxSports.com Forum

UND v HBU

the green team

Ladies cruise in the 2nd Half after absolutely sleep walking defensively in the 1st half. 104-54. Held HBU to 21 pts in the 2nd. Corey Lof, way to go today :) - 18 points (do this more... please), Career High and 2nd Career Double-Double pulled down 10 boards. Mal Youngblut, is going to be a good candidate for Great West Player of the Week honors with 21 the other night and 24 today. Carly Rothfusz what in the world, scores what 16 or so, never saw that coming.

Ladies cruise in the 2nd Half after absolutely sleep walking defensively in the 1st half. 104-54. Held HBU to 21 pts in the 2nd. Corey Lof, way to go today :) - 18 points (do this more... please), Career High and 2nd Career Double-Double pulled down 10 boards. Mal Youngblut, is going to be a good candidate for Great West Player of the Week honors with 21 the other night and 24 today. Carly Rothfusz what in the world, scores what 16 or so, never saw that coming.

Oh, where is my head...Win #600 for Coach Roebuck. Awesome!

I've been lucky enough to know the man for 25 years and while some may not always like how he says it or how he does it, what he has meant to the University and the athletic dept. can never be disputed. 600 wins, 3 National Titles, countless conference championships, the incredible "national" rivalry with NDSU in the 90's and early part of the 21st century (you know, deep down, he misses coaching against Amy) :) , the individual awards won by his players, I could go on and on but I think you get it.

While the transition to DI hasn't been much fun, Coach has never let up on the expectations of his teams/players. When they went DI, he scheduled DI, and while it has hurt the overall record, it is a testament to this man and his love of competition. He's not afraid of anything and teaching the game and playing the game is as important as whether he wins/loses. He expects to win every game he is a part of (including cards), and he holds his athletes to those same expectations. Most of them have risen to that expectation.

He is a great man with a great family and we have been blessed to have him be apart of the SIOUX family for almost 25 years!!! Congrats coach!!!

I've been lucky enough to know the man for 25 years and while some may not always like how he says it or how he does it, what he has meant to the University and the athletic dept. can never be disputed. 600 wins, 3 National Titles, countless conference championships, the incredible "national" rivalry with NDSU in the 90's and early part of the 21st century (you know, deep down, he misses coaching against Amy) :) , the individual awards won by his players, I could go on and on but I think you get it.

While the transition to DI hasn't been much fun, Coach has never let up on the expectations of his teams/players. When they went DI, he scheduled DI, and while it has hurt the overall record, it is a testament to this man and his love of competition. He's not afraid of anything and teaching the game and playing the game is as important as whether he wins/loses. He expects to win every game he is a part of (including cards), and he holds his athletes to those same expectations. Most of them have risen to that expectation.

He is a great man with a great family and we have been blessed to have him be apart of the SIOUX family for almost 25 years!!! Congrats coach!!!

Well said!

Watching Gene and Amy go at it was almost always as entertaining as the games themselves! There's no doubt he misses both the rivalry vs. NDSU and vs. Amy Ruley.

I would also like to congratulate Coach Roebuck on his 600th win. He is a great coach who gets the best out of his players. He also is a great ambassador for the University of North Dakota. Anyone have any thoughts on how long he will stay coaching? Once Brewster came back, it appeared as though he would be the heir apparant to Gene. Perhaps he is...hopefully not for at least a few years yet. I would like to see Gene get a shot at coaching the team to a NCAA tournament birth once we get in the Big Sky.