SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota Basketball History Lesson

dmksioux

Wasn't sure where to post this, but I found it to be a nice quick read...

Does anyone know if Qvale was a kid that UND was recruiting?

http://bigskyconference.blogspot.com/2011/01/north-dakota-basketball-history-lesson.html

Never heard of the Richard Krajewski kid before. I believe Scott Gulseth was also at LSU for a year with Shaq before he transfered to UND.

Wasn't sure where to post this, but I found it to be a nice quick read...

Does anyone know if Qvale was a kid that UND was recruiting?

http://bigskyconference.blogspot.com/2011/01/north-dakota-basketball-history-lesson.html

Never heard of the Richard Krajewski kid before. I believe Scott Gulseth was also at LSU for a year with Shaq before he transfered to UND.

I believe Qvale's dad played football at NDSU. While we probably did recruit him, it was likely an uphill battle.

I once played on a summer league team with Krajewski. He was a high school teammate of former Sioux player David Robertson, although they were a few years apart. Those were the glory years for Grafton basketball at the class A level.

I believe Qvale's dad played football at NDSU. While we probably did recruit him, it was likely an uphill battle.

I once played on a summer league team with Krajewski. He was a high school teammate of former Sioux player David Robertson, although they were a few years apart. Those were the glory years for Grafton basketball at the class A level.

I do remember David Robertson quite well. I was in High School in Valley City at that time. I did not play basketball, but went to all the games since VC was pretty much a basketball town. VC had some pretty good teams in the 90's...just never seemed to have a coach who could put it all together.

I do remember David Robertson quite well. I was in High School in Valley City at that time. I did not play basketball, but went to all the games since VC was pretty much a basketball town. VC had some pretty good teams in the 90's...just never seemed to have a coach who could put it all together.

Valley City has produced some very good players--Mike and Jeff Boschee, Justin Anderson, Rory Beil, Kraig Rowekamp, etc.

Valley City has produced some very good players--Mike and Jeff Boschee, Justin Anderson, Rory Beil, Kraig Rowekamp, etc.

Justin Anderson had two sisters, Kami and Jada, both of whom played DI ball. Kami at Stanford and Jada at Maryland. One of my classmates, Mike Fitzner, played at UND before transferring. More recently there was Jossy Bergen who played at UND. There was quite a bit of talent in that High School in the 80's and 90's. Not so much any more though.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...