SiouxSports.com Forum

Injuries

UND Fan

I know UND isn't talking much about injuries for legal reasons but does anyone have any idea what type of injuries offensive linemen, Ben Olson and Ryan Grant, had on Saturday? We can't afford to lose either of them but especially Olson - he is a stud!

It is good that we have a week off before the playoffs!

I heard Lennon on the radio this morning. He said the Sioux have some injuries, but he didn't say specifically who was injured. Based on what I heard, it sounds like he expects to have everyone available for the first playoff game. I assume that means that there were no serious injuries at USD.

Last time I read it, the medical hardship rule said that you can't play in more than 20% of your team's games, and none in the second half of the season, to apply for the medical hardship waiver (commonly called a medical redshirt).

If he wants a full season of eligibility next year, hold him out.

Last time I read it, the medical hardship rule said that you can't play in more than 20% of your team's games, and none in the second half of the season, to apply for the medical hardship waiver (commonly called a medical redshirt).

If he wants a full season of eligibility next year, hold him out.

I should have been clearer in my previous post. I meant that IF Irvin doesn't play any more this year, he'd be eligible for a medical hardship year. Assuming he was healthy enough to play, I imagine he'd have to decide whether he would prefer to play in the playoffs this year, or come back for an entire year next season. He may not come back regardless if he's on schedule to graduate.

Ben Olson has a partial tear of the MCL, the medial collateral ligament, in his knee. He is questionable for the game on the 15th. Fortunately, he has a lot of time to rest and rehab it. I wouldn't be surprised if he plays.

There were quite a few other nuisance injuries, some that might have held players out of a game this weekend, others may have played but not at 100%.

Bottom line - it is a real break that we do not have a game on Saturday.

If you look at the player participation report in the UND football statistics, it indicates that Irvin played (but did not start) against USD. Hopefully he'll be back to 100% for the playoffs. It would be especially nice to have him in there if UND plays Pitt. St.