SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs Gophers

AZSIOUX

This sioux fan predicts a split as well. Friday night the sioux look completely different in comparison to Saturday night this season at home.

Keys in this series:

~The Fourth line for the sioux. The more they contribute, the less the burden on the top two lines, and the more breaks those guys get.

I agree with this but want to add the third line into this key. And say that the Third and Fourth line are Keys for success.

Further, I want to draw everyones attention to Davidson.

He might be more of a difference maker than is readily clear at first look.

Without him I see the Sioux having a bit more of a problem keeping a good rhythm of puck possession and in the games he players it seems like the Sioux are much more consistently in control of the play.

Davidson brings a high hockey IQ along with his impressive size and aggressive smart play to the forward core of the Sioux when he plays.

Bottom line: I'm thinking he plays a significant part in demoralizing opponents with his size, strength and style of play. And a demoralized team tends to not out shoot you when the game is on the line and a demoralized team tends to get routed by a superior team- ya know, like losing by eight!@

Anyone know if the Gophers FSN broadcasts are in HD this year??

All Gopher hockey games are in HD this year. So the series in Grand Forks will be in HD. I'd like to know if FSN will do there pre-game show on the main level of The Ralph! They did a few years ago and the Sioux Band stood right behind them during the pre-game show and played our fight song. It was fun to see!! GO SIOUX!

All Gopher hockey games are in HD this year. So the series in Grand Forks will be in HD. I'd like to know if FSN will do there pre-game show on the main level of The Ralph! They did a few years ago and the Sioux Band stood right behind them during the pre-game show and played our fight song. It was fun to see!! GO SIOUX!

They have no guts anymore, I doubt it.

Further, I want to draw everyones attention to Davidson.

He might be more of a difference maker than is readily clear at first look.

Without him I see the Sioux having a bit more of a problem keeping a good rhythm of puck possession and in the games he players it seems like the Sioux are much more consistently in control of the play.

Davidson brings a high hockey IQ along with his impressive size and aggressive smart play to the forward core of the Sioux when he plays.

Bottom line: I'm thinking he plays a significant part in demoralizing opponents with his size, strength and style of play. And a demoralized team tends to not out shoot you when the game is on the line and a demoralized team tends to get routed by a superior team- ya know, like losing by eight!@

Totally agree...when he plays, he is the "it" factor in most the games. Without him, the 4th line has been almost no exisitent. The kid, with Rodwell and Mario, was a terrific line on Friday.

No offense to Gleason, but his forward days need to end as of last night.

Watch out for Kristo this weekend...he torched the Goph's last year and he has been playing way too well not to bust out. IMO he is the real key this coming weekend.

on a side note, I wouldn't expect to see gregoire this weekend or anytime soon as word is he is not doing well with his concussion. boy this is starting to sound a lot like chay last year.

always a tough injury and it seems that the sioux have had one every year the last few or even going back to kaip, finley, chay now jason. feel bad for jason. i wonder if that hit he took up high vs st cloud caused this?? cant remember but recall him taking a nice hit against the boards that was high. just another reason for kristo to keep his game where it is! hope JG can make it back at some point.

always a tough injury and it seems that the sioux have had one every year the last few or even going back to kaip, finley, chay now jason. feel bad for jason. i wonder if that hit he took up high vs st cloud caused this?? cant remember but recall him taking a nice hit against the boards that was high. just another reason for kristo to keep his game where it is! hope JG can make it back at some point.

no it happened in a warm up drill in practice the week of the st. cloud game.

no it happened in a warm up drill in practice the week of the st. cloud game.

ahh, thanks. maybe i was thinking of the wrong player but thought gregoire took a hit one game and went off the ice for a bit. sure hope he can get better for his sake first! then if hes able to get back on the ice thats a bonus for the sioux as gregoire is one of the best 2 way forwards in the whole nation.

I love when the Gophs come to town...the freshman get to see the pinnacle of what it means to be a Sioux hockey player. The Ralph is rocking, the adrenaline is pumping, and hopefully the beatdown follows.

No doubt.

I wonder if the coaching staff tries to get most of the prospective recruits to attend this weekend, if this series doesn't excite you to play at UND nothing will.

ahh, thanks. maybe i was thinking of the wrong player but thought gregoire took a hit one game and went off the ice for a bit. sure hope he can get better for his sake first! then if hes able to get back on the ice thats a bonus for the sioux as gregoire is one of the best 2 way forwards in the whole nation.

he took a shot after the whistle up high from stephen johns from notre dame, but he seemed to be fine after that. Weird his injury occurred the week following that game.