SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL 2010-2011

jimdahl

I don't see any video on that link, just the same quotes from Geurin that you copied and pasted previously. Guys don't mean to hurt each other, but sometimes it happens. Guys will continue to get hurt for as long as the game of hockey is played. That doesn't mean that Matt Cooke (or anybody else for that matter) is going out there with the mindset that their goal is to injure somebody. Make them feel your presence so they're a little sore the next day, sure. But nobody wants to see an opponent taken off the ice on a stretcher. If you really think that's what Matt Cooke desires, then you are one stupid MoFo.

PS - Ken Daneyko is a classless POS for saying that.

You're full of --it, Matt Cooke has a history of doing classless, dangerous, bush league thug tactics on the ice, there is a reason he is one of the most hated thugs/P.O.S. in the league. it's well documented, I have just scratched the surface with my examples there are thousands of clips of this gutless puke skating up and down the ice taking liberties and then looking confused when he is called for a penalty and challenged to a fight.

Ken Daneyko has more honor than Matt P.O.S. Cooke will ever have. I would be willing to bet if you surveyed thousands of NHL Hockey fans they would say what I am saying here. Some day he will get what is coming to him and I will be drinking a beer relishing the moment. I also done discussion this with you so go ahead and get the last word if you want.

I can't wait to see how this turns out.

Reports: Bruins acquire Tomas Kaberle

The Bruins look like they've acquired Tomas Kaberle for Joe Colborne, a 1st rounder this year and a future conditional pick. They've also traded Blake Wheeler and Mark Stuart to Atlanta for Rich Peverly and defenseman Boris Valabik.

I believe Kaberle's contract is up this season, so I hope this doesn't come back to bite the Bruins. I always laugh at teams that do the "rent a player" for a couple months and then have nothing to show for it after the season ends, as it almost never works out. Either win it this year with him, or make sure he'll re-sign in Boston after this!

I don't know much about Peverly, but hope he fits in nicely, as the Bruins have been having a good season. I haven't missed hardly any Bruins games this year thanks to my DVR, and they are a fun team to watch. Seem to have good chemistry and a good mix of talent and sandpaper.

Wheeler's gone - whew! :D I'm a Bruins fan to the core, so when they had Kessel and Wheeler I wanted them to do well, but now that they're gone I'm rejoicing. GOOD RIDDANCE!

Done deal.

Bruins acquire Tomas Kaberle

Bruins Acquire Kaberle from Toronto

B's Acquire Peverley, Valabik from Atlanta

Not sure I like the fact that they got rid of Mark Stuart - I liked him in the Black and Gold...but when he went out with an injury earlier in the season, Kampfer stepped in and played great, which I suppose made him expendable. Once Stuart came back they had a logjam - now that they got Kaberle I'm not sure it clears up that logjam any! They have 7 quality D who can all play:

Boychuk

Chara

Ference

Kampfer

McQuaid

Seidenberg

Stuart Kaberle

I can't wait to see how this turns out.

Reports: Bruins acquire Tomas Kaberle

The Bruins look like they've acquired Tomas Kaberle for Joe Colborne, a 1st rounder this year and a future conditional pick. They've also traded Blake Wheeler and Mark Stuart to Atlanta for Rich Peverly and defenseman Boris Valabik.

I believe Kaberle's contract is up this season, so I hope this doesn't come back to bite the Bruins. I always laugh at teams that do the "rent a player" for a couple months and then have nothing to show for it after the season ends, as it almost never works out. Either win it this year with him, or make sure he'll re-sign in Boston after this!

I don't know much about Peverly, but hope he fits in nicely, as the Bruins have been having a good season. I haven't missed hardly any Bruins games this year thanks to my DVR, and they are a fun team to watch. Seem to have good chemistry and a good mix of talent and sandpaper.

Wheeler's gone - whew! :D I'm a Bruins fan to the core, so when they had Kessel and Wheeler I wanted them to do well, but now that they're gone I'm rejoicing. GOOD RIDDANCE!

I am happier that heck that that Bruins got rid of that Pansy Blake Wheeler, I am also thrilled that the Bruins got rid of Joe Colborne as well because is just another Wheeler as well.

Looks like the Wheeler acquisition is already paying off for Atlanta, he has an assist in his first game as a Thasher. And speaking of former Bruins who played their college hockey at the University of Minnesota, Phil Kessel has five points (3 G, 2 A) in his last five games.

Wow, that's amazing. I wonder if the Atlanta would take Chara, Thomas and Krejci so the Bruins could get Wheeler back and then see if the Leafs would take back Kaberle along with Bergeron, Seguin and Marchand for Kessel.

Wow, that's amazing. I wonder if the Atlanta would take Chara, Thomas and Krejci so the Bruins could get Wheeler back and then see if the Leafs would take back Kaberle along with Bergeron, Seguin and Marchand for Kessel.

Atlanta can keep that pansy Blake Wheeler. That was a bad experiment for the Bruins. Funny a couple of over rated big bodied Gophers were traded this week. Erik Johnson was traded from St Louis to the Av's as well.

• Downvote 1

Erik Johnson is not a bad player. He just hasn't lived up to 1st overall pick hype yet...he is still very young, having only played one year at Minnesota.

He is still very young, but also his upside isn't nearly as high as other number 1's.

Interesting quotes by Peter Stastny, Paul's (former DU player) dad. He is very upset about the trade and that the Av's lost in the trade.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nhl/story/2011-02-23/peter-stastny-speaks-out-on-avs-blues-trade

I don't think Erik Johnson is as "bad" as you think he is Goon.

He will be now that he's on a crap team like the Avs though.

No but, for a guy his size and his draft position I think you would expect more from him, he is what I would consider a soft player and in my opinion. I don't think he is as good as the hype and the GM from the Blues probably say that as well.

Edited by Goon

Four point night for Phil Kessel in Toronto's 5-4 victory over Montreal.

Funny - if I didn't know better I'd think DaveK was trying to make us Bruins fans jealous of Toronto with all the scoring they're getting from their superstar, Phil Kessel. He's playing on a team that's 4th in the Northeast division and 10th in the Eastern conference, and most likely won't be making the playoffs. Not to mention, his 4 point night vs. Montreal really helps out the Bruins!

Have fun rotting in Toronto - Phil. I'm guessing Toronto would get rid of him, too, however I think the secret's out and there's no other team in the league that wants his issues.

Me...I'll take what the Bruins have - a TEAM. Not an individual player. I'll take Tyler Seguin over Kessel ANY DAY...who they "stole" with the draft pick they got from Toronto for Kessel. I can't thank Toronto enough for what they did for the Bruins by taking Kessel of their hands.

• 2 weeks later...

One interesting thing I heard about a month ago, which has been taking shape all season.

Every time Canada has hosted the Olympcs, that host's city won the Stanley Cup the following year...EVERY TIME. Vancouver hosted last year, and look who's the best in the West right now.

If you're a bettin' man, it might not hurt to throw a few bucks on the Canucks.

One interesting thing I heard about a month ago, which has been taking shape all season.

Every time Canada has hosted the Olympcs, that host's city won the Stanley Cup the following year...EVERY TIME. Vancouver hosted last year, and look who's the best in the West right now.

If you're a bettin' man, it might not hurt to throw a few bucks on the Canucks.

I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth. Boy, I hope you're wrong!

Jonathan_Toews-717339.jpg

Funny, you haven't mentioned the scoring tear Jonathan Toews is on, right now. The Stanley Cup Champion Captain of the Blackhawks is willing his team into the playoffs. They are on an 8 game winning streak.

You're not a very good messenger.

Toews' past two years have been just an amazing success story, awesome to see.

Speaking of annoying the haters... Ovie seems to be getting his mojo back. A point in 8 of the last 9 games for the first time this season (though uncharacteristically compared to past years, mostly assists). I hope the adversity this year leads to a different playoff result than coasting to the President's Trophy did last year!

I'm very happy for Toews, as I am happy for ALL former WCHA players that have success in the NHL. I didn't mention him merely because people here don't need to be convinced that he's great. I feel that "preaching to the choir" is a waste of my time, but I guarantee you as soon as I find of group of people who attempt to minimize Jonathan's greatness and go to great lengths to find a chink in the armour I will be sure to relay the message.

On the topic of Toews, an interesting video on dreams regarding him. Kind of cool.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=1083&id=101658

Major Canadian sponsor threatening to bail because they don't to be associated with the excessive violence of the NHL? That's not great.

Air Canada threatens to pull NHL sponsorship

The exchange between the commissioner and the biggest airline in hockey-mad Canada came after a Montreal Canadiens player suffered a concussion and cracked neck vertebra Tuesday night when a Boston player knocked him headfirst into a glass partition.

The Boston player, team captain Zdeno Chara, was ejected from the game but not suspended or fined.

On Wednesday, Air Canada's director of marketing, Denis Vandal, wrote to Bettman saying that the airline was considering withdrawing its sponsorship unless the NHL took immediate action including "serious suspensions" for players who cause serious injuries.

"From a corporate social responsibility standpoint, it is becoming increasingly difficult to associate our brand with sports events which could lead to serious and irresponsible accidents; action must be taken by the NHL before we are encountered with a fatality," Vandal wrote in the letter, which was first reported by the Ottawa Sun.

FOr once, I agree with the NHL on the Fly blowhards:

Montreal (and Quebec) needs to relax... but they won't.

It kindof goes with the territory. For decades, they've always been the forgotten stepchild of Canada being overshadowed by Ontario, the governmental HQ of Canada, Alberta and BC, the more beautiful parts of Canada. Now this hit comes and Montreal sees it as a way to get more attention it so desperately craves.

These moronic politicians and absolutely imbecilic law enforcement officials can do what they will but they make themselves look like absolute morons... which I guess they're fine with.

Hopefully the police will see the light and drop the case. If not, fine. I hope they get their butts handed to them in court.