SiouxSports.com Forum

2010 - 2011 ND High School Hockey

Stackin Da Pads

Central is going to be tough to beat this year. I don't see any other team winning state. I think that Central will lose quite a bit of talent after this year with the seniors that they have as well as Luke Johnson possibly going to Lincoln to play juniors (just my guess on Johnson). Should be an exciting hockey season.

Red River is deeper than Central by a long shot. If Central is going to win they are gonna have to find secondary scoring, they are unproven past their top three and are atrocious defensively. At the end of the day I do think they are the favorite to win but it's definitely not as cut and dry as its made out to be.

Tonight's conference games include Century @ Hazen Beulah and Fargo Davies @ Devils Lake,

Non-Leage games include Red River playing host to Crookston and Fargo South/Shanley hosting Moorhead,

any insight or predictions?

I like Century to bounce back after a couple of tough losses with a 6-0 win over an undermatched Hazen team.

Davies-Devils Lake is intriguing as Davies is coming off a 14 goal win over a Dickinson squad. I like the Firebirds at home 4-1 though, experience being the big difference maker here.

Red River will get a good physical test against the Pirates tonight, I think they have too much up front though to be slowed down, I'll take the Riders 5-1.

Finally in South's Super Bowl against Moorhead I see the Spuds depth powering them to a 4-0 win. South lost a goalie and a lot of depth in the Davies split, Moorhead should come out of Section 8 in Minnesota this year.

I like Century to bounce back after a couple of tough losses with a 6-0 win over an undermatched Hazen team.

Davies-Devils Lake is intriguing as Davies is coming off a 14 goal win over a Dickinson squad. I like the Firebirds at home 4-1 though, experience being the big difference maker here.

Red River will get a good physical test against the Pirates tonight, I think they have too much up front though to be slowed down, I'll take the Riders 5-1.

Finally in South's Super Bowl against Moorhead I see the Spuds depth powering them to a 4-0 win. South lost a goalie and a lot of depth in the Davies split, Moorhead should come out of Section 8 in Minnesota this year.

I think Hazen will be better then most people think.

Finals from Thursday:

Red River-6

Crookston-1

Devils Lake-4

Fargo Davies-1

Century-8

Hazen-0

Moorhead-3

Fargo South-0

Not bad predictions eh?

Tonight's games include Fargo South/Shanley @ Wahpeton, Fargo North @ Fargo Davies, Mandan @ Minot, Bismark High @ Hazen Beulah, and West Fargo @ Grafton/Park River.

I see Fargo South/Shanley beating Wahpeton 8-1, Fargo North beating Fargo Davies 4-2, Minot over Mandan 5-3, Bismark High over Hazen Beulah 2-1, and West Fargo beating Grafton/Park River 4-1.

• 2 weeks later...

Finals from Thursday:

Red River-6

Crookston-1

Devils Lake-4

Fargo Davies-1

Century-8

Hazen-0

Moorhead-3

Fargo South-0

Not bad predictions eh?

Be careful to not pop your own shoulder out patting yourself on the back like that.

Doubtless this has been discussed at length, so forgive the redundancy but:

Has the split between Fargo South and Fargo Davies basically killed South Fargo High School hockey strength?

Of am I just delusional in thinking that Fargo South, at one time, had a decent hockey program?

The start of the second half of the season is tomorrow, a few key league matchups including fargo north @ wahpeton, grand forks red river @ grand forks central, minot @ bismark high, and west fargo @ fargo davies.

Any thoughts on how the second half will turn out? potential EDC/WDA tourney standings?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Grafton has indeed been rolling. A matchup tomorrow to look for is Fargo South at Grafton. Talk about two teams going in seperate directions. Central at North on Saturday could also have a big say in the final regular season standings.

Bottineau at Century is very big too out west. Could determine the #1 seed.

Since my step dad is from Botno I have been following them on the site but has anyone seen them play this year. I see they put up tons of points. Are they legit or the west that weak.

they lost to devils lake 4-3 this year....and D.L. has been pretty competitve in the east!