SiouxSports.com Forum

UC-Davis

UNDvince97-01

I hope everyone will go out and support this senior class in their final home game of the season against a quality opponent and fellow BSC football member, UC-Davis. Most of these kids came in the class of 2006 with a lot of uncertainty out there regarding the transition to Division 1. Lets thank them by sending them out in style with a good home crowd this week. Last week was disappointing to say the least. They deserve better.

See you there.

It goes without saying-that it's important for their fellow students and the community should be on hand, to cheer for and express thanks to a senior class that never had an opportunity in their upper class years of playoffs or "real" conference titles. Plus, I would like to beat Davis here again, just like we did in that playoff game...the place was loud that day-- unbelievable. Granted it may not be at that level this time but lets try make it a good atmosphere. Shoot your deer on Friday, early Saturday, or Sunday...but take a break and get to the game. Plus, the weather outlook looks like that it's going to be too warm anyway.

With all of the conference stuff going on the last couple months, I haven't been paying as close of attention to the Great West as I normally do, but have done some digging on this weekend's game.

UC Davis is coming in with a record of 3-5 and have lost two straight. They have wins over South Dakota, FBS San Jose St., and non scholarship San Diego.

Although UCD may be favored this weekend, this is probably North Dakota's best chance to improve upon their record this season.

Some interesting statistics stand out to me:

I'll bet that nobody here would have ever guessed that UND is second in the GWC in scoring defense. Davis gives up the most points of anyone in the league.

This matchup pits the two most unproductive offenses in the conference against one another. The Aggies are pass-happy and don't run much (which hasn't been a good combo for our defense) but are last, by quite a margin, in total offense.

Here's another one I wouldn't have guessed: UND is actually second in the league in pass defense. UCD is 2nd in pass offense.

UND is 2nd in the league rushing, while UCD is second in the league in rush defense.

UND is second in the league in sacks, and UCD has given up the second highest number of sacks in the Great West.

It is looking like a pretty evenly matched game, and I think UND has a good chance to get a W if we can limit penalties, run the ball effectively, and keep Davis out of the Red Zone.

I'm gonna go with the home team in a nail-biter................

21-20 North Dakota :)

With all of the conference stuff going on the last couple months, I haven't been paying as close of attention to the Great West as I normally do, but have done some digging on this weekend's game.

UC Davis is coming in with a record of 3-5 and have lost two straight. They have wins over South Dakota, FBS San Jose St., and non scholarship San Diego.

Although UCD may be favored this weekend, this is probably North Dakota's best chance to improve upon their record this season.

Some interesting statistics stand out to me:

I'll bet that nobody here would have ever guessed that UND is second in the GWC in scoring defense. Davis gives up the most points of anyone in the league.

This matchup pits the two most unproductive offenses in the conference against one another. The Aggies are pass-happy and don't run much (which hasn't been a good combo for our defense) but are last, by quite a margin, in total offense.

Here's another one I wouldn't have guessed: UND is actually second in the league in pass defense. UCD is 2nd in pass offense.

UND is 2nd in the league rushing, while UCD is second in the league in rush defense.

UND is second in the league in sacks, and UCD has given up the second highest number of sacks in the Great West.

It is looking like a pretty evenly matched game, and I think UND has a good chance to get a W if we can limit penalties, run the ball effectively, and keep Davis out of the Red Zone.

I'm gonna go with the home team in a nail-biter................

21-20 North Dakota :)

Interesting stats - thanks!

UND 27

UCD 20

Flying to GFK in a couple of hours, so I will be at the game on Saturday..

21-17 Sioux.

See y'all there.

Go SIOUX!!!

Awesome!

Remember Sioux fans...this is the last time that the University of North Dakota football team will take the field as the Fighting Sioux in Grand Forks.

Do you really want to sit this one out?

GO SIOUX

• Upvote 1

Flying in from New Jersey. I don't get a chance to see Sioux football much on TV. Looking forward to my first game in person.

GO FIGHTING SIOUX !!!

GO SCARLET KNIGHTS !!!

I can't think of a better time to see the Fighting Sioux for the first time...good man.

GO SIOUX

Howdy boys. Checking in from UC Davis. I really don't have any brilliant remarks to add about our team, we simply are not very good this year. We do have some stand out players, but we just seem to be lacking in several skill positions. Our redshirt freshman QB is getting better every game. He started for the first time against Cal, and has improved throughout the season. He will be an excellent QB. He's one of the better scramblers we have had, and is a very accurate passer. Now, if we just had an O line to help both him and our running attack we would be a much better team. SUU kicked our rear on both sides of the field last week. I don't think too many folks are going to be making it out to ND for the game. There seems to be an apathy setting in, since we have been a very successful team for so many years (I started following Aggie football as an undergrad in the late 70s). D1 has been a very challenging transition for us. I see this game as a very winnable game for us, and likewise, I see it as a very winnable game for you folks.

Howdy boys. Checking in from UC Davis. I really don't have any brilliant remarks to add about our team, we simply are not very good this year. We do have some stand out players, but we just seem to be lacking in several skill positions. Our redshirt freshman QB is getting better every game. He started for the first time against Cal, and has improved throughout the season. He will be an excellent QB. He's one of the better scramblers we have had, and is a very accurate passer. Now, if we just had an O line to help both him and our running attack we would be a much better team. SUU kicked our rear on both sides of the field last week. I don't think too many folks are going to be making it out to ND for the game. There seems to be an apathy setting in, since we have been a very successful team for so many years (I started following Aggie football as an undergrad in the late 70s). D1 has been a very challenging transition for us. I see this game as a very winnable game for us, and likewise, I see it as a very winnable game for you folks.

For those that can't make it they can watch the game on Fox College Sports, available on many cable systems and on Direct TV.

Sweeny trying to politely say that the crowd is a pretty pathetic again and this is a team that people thought would be a good game YIKES

I only saw the first few minutes on tv (hope to get back to it later), but the stands were as empty as I've ever seen. Not shocking, the casual fans have completely detached from the FB team this season...