SiouxSports.com Forum

Big Sky Conference

GeauxSioux

Well, I'm in no way a representative of the Big Sky Conference but my kid does go to school at the U of Montana so I might be the closest thing on here, and just thought I'd say....

Welcome to the BSC boys and girls!!!!

Looking forward to cheering for the Griz and Sioux against our common enemies.

Now, if only I could get Montana to start a hockey program.... ;)

From Press conference...

Will begin Big Sky in 2012.

Faison applauded Fullerton for being aggressive and seizing the west for the Big Sky. Said that there is no time to be timid or the "take your time" approach. Said that Douple was disappointed.

Missed parts of the conference due to work. ;)

From Press conference...

Faison applauded Fullerton for being aggressive and seizing the west for the Big Sky. Said that there is no time to be timid or the "take your time" approach. Said that Douple was disappointed.

UND has a full 2011 football schedule. UND will add men's tennis. The Big Sky will add women's softball. The UND baseball (Great West), golf (Pan American), and M/W swimming (CUSA) teams will stay where they are...

UND has a full 2011 football schedule. UND will add men's tennis. The Big Sky will add women's softball. The UND baseball (Great West), golf (Pan American), and M/W swimming (CUSA) teams will stay where they are...

Was there any mention of what this will mean from a Title IX standpoint? Unless another women's sport is also going to be added, it seems like the only other alternative is to cut a sport (men's golf?)

From Press conference...

:sad::lol:

That press conference was surreal. Hard to believe we are BSC-bound right now.

I have a feeling that the 2011 schedule will be a stinker.

However, all of us need to remember, 2012 is right around the corner.

Hopefully, the M/W swimming teams will get official affiliate membership with CUSA, which would be better than invites to the CUSA championships. That would be a major boost to the program.

Big Sky softball will be:

Sac State

Portland St

Weber St

Idaho St

N Colo

UND

USD

SUU

EWU <-- may add it

If Montana is serious about FBS later, they need to add softball too.

Hopefully, the M/W swimming teams will get official affiliate membership with CUSA, which would be better than invites to the CUSA championships. That would be a major boost to the program.

Big Sky softball will be:

Sac State

Portland St

Weber St

Idaho St

N Colo

UND

USD

SUU

EWU <-- may add it

If Montana is serious about FBS later, they need to add softball too.

Unless I misunderstood, Faison said that S&D has affiliate status with C-USA.

Was there any mention of what this will mean from a Title IX standpoint? Unless another women's sport is also going to be added, it seems like the only other alternative is to cut a sport (men's golf?)

It was not addressed or I missed it when it was...

Great West baseball may be changing some:

Current schools

NY Tech

NJIT

Chicago St (go back to Summit?)

Houston Baptist (to Southland? or Summit?)

UTPA (to Southland? )

UNC

UVU

SUU - lost it's baseball home in the Summit

UND

By losing SUU and Centenary, the Summit will be down to six baseball teams.

The Bib Sky's website does not have an e-mail address for Doug Fullerton. However, I sent a "thank you/you won't be sorry" note to him at: jkasper@bigskyconference.org. It wll be forwarded to him. Others may wish to do the same.

I may also do this with each the school's presidents. With our geographic location, I am sure this was a tough decision for many of them!

That press conference was surreal. Hard to believe we are BSC-bound right now.

I have a feeling that the 2011 schedule will be a stinker.

However, all of us need to remember, 2012 is right around the corner.

Surreal is right. At times it felt like this day would never come, but it was well worth the wait. Nice job Faison, Kelley and staffs, and nice job to star2city for predicting this all those years ago!

UND to join Big Sky Conference in 2012-13 - www.fightingsioux.com

Number of UND Alumni Within 100 Miles of Big Sky Campuses:

Greeley, Colorado: 2,865 (Denver area: 3,301)

Sacramento/Davis, California: 1,578

Portland, Oregon: 1,178 (Seattle area: 2,204)

Spokane, Washington: 456

Missoula, Montana: 445

Bozeman, Montana: 365

Ogden, Utah: 362

San Luis Obispo, California: 285

Flagstaff, Arizona: 160

Pocatello, Idaho: 144

Just curious as to what other schools out there have other sports in other conferences? Is this a common thing for all schools or just us?

EDIT: Being that all conferences do not contain all sports that is.