SiouxSports.com Forum

To Play or Not To Play The Bison...

BobIwabuchiFan

To Play or Not to Play Them...  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care if we ever play the Bison again in Football?

Reason? I'm just curious.

Just to give you guys some grief... ;) ..LOL.....it really makes no difference to me. My only take on it is that I would not want to do it every year (unless we were in the same conference). I do like to see a variety of teams for the OOC part of the schedule. Every second or third year would be fine with me.

There won't be a real rivalry again until the teams are in the same conference. Playing every two or three years is not going to cut it.

As a simple matter of logistics, I would think that NDSU and UND are destined to be in the same conference. Although, there are plenty of examples of dual flagship states where each is in a different conference (Iowa comes to mind). Hopefully that isn't the case. I'd rather see ND like Michigan.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'd like to see the first installment of a UND-NDSU game be in the playoffs in the Alerus in 2012. First playoff game for both teams. Big Sky Champ vs 3 rd place MVFC.

Unless you're seeded, NDSU will outbid you every time for the game. We have more seats and thus more revenue to offer the NCAA. :D

Unless you're seeded, NDSU will outbid you every time for the game. We have more seats and thus more revenue to offer the NCAA. :D

I think you missed it when he said the first game be a PLAYOFF game. BSC champs (UND) hosting 3rd place in the MVFC (NDSU).

Didn't Gene turn down an offer as well?

Gene didn't want to play every year as it would limit our OOC options. Faison would only do an every year deal. The bottom line is that if NDSU and UND are to start playing agin in football and they are not in the same conference it can never be an every year deal. There are too few options for OOC games to tie one up every year. If UND gets into the Sky that will become very obvious. Both sets of fans will want to see variety and some FBS competition in those OOC dates.

As for Faison wanting an every year deal....right now the Sioux need good games not having a decent conference. NDSU does not need the game. I can see why that is what Faison wanted, but he held no trump cards. He should have taken the every other year deal.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Gene didn't want to play every year as it would limit our OOC options. Faison would only do an every year deal. The bottom line is that if NDSU and UND are to start playing agin in football and they are not in the same conference it can never be an every year deal. There are too few options for OOC games to tie one up every year. If UND gets into the Sky that will become very obvious. Both sets of fans will want to see variety and some FBS competition in those OOC dates.

As for Faison wanting an every year deal....right now the Sioux need good games not having a decent conference. NDSU does not need the game. I can see why that is what Faison wanted, but he held no trump cards. He should have taken the every other year deal.

I know. I was being a little sarcastic as once again its all UND's fault. Both schools are doing what is in there best interest and I understand that. I was just pointing out that it goes both ways as both AD's have their feet planted firmly in the ground.

I think you missed it when he said the first game be a PLAYOFF game. BSC champs (UND) hosting 3rd place in the MVFC (NDSU).

You didn't know that playoff games are bid out by the NCAA?

Unless you're one of the top 4 seeded teams in the playoffs (in which case you automatically host), the rest of the games are bid on by the rest of the pool. The schools that bid the most get to host. I believe first round pairs are then chosen based on geography of the hosts and non-hosts. Something like that.

I know. I was being a little sarcastic as once again its all UND's fault. Both schools are doing what is in there best interest and I understand that. I was just pointing out that it goes both ways as both AD's have their feet planted firmly in the ground.

But why let facts get in the way.........carry on with the rhetoric everyone..... :silly:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1