SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ UMn

dakotadan

Gophers set to tangle with North Dakota

WCHA SEASON IS UPON US

Minnesota opens the WCHA season against North Dakota this weekend. Minnesota enters its 12th season of WCHA competition this weekend. Entering the conference season, Minnesota is 219-47-22, dating back to the start of the WCHA Women's League in 1999-2000. Under head coach Brad Frost, the Gophers hold a 62-13-9 record in the past three years.

THE SERIES

Minnesota and North Dakota have faced each other 28 previous times as the Golden Gophers have won each contest. After a long-standing tradition on the men's hockey side, the Minnesota/North Dakota women's rivalry dates back to Nov. 29, 2003 after UND started the program in 2002. Last year, the Gophers closed out the first semester at Grand Forks, N.D. and defeated UND, 3-1 and 5-0. UND visited Ridder Jan. 22-23 last year as the Gophers earned 3-0 and 2-0 wins

I thought you meant Michigan, the real UM.

I think the Sioux will split!

Agreed. The REAL UM is Michigan. Sioux will split as well. Our girls team is going be top 5 next year and the year after with the way recruiting is going.

That is impressive, they have now beaten the #1, #3, and #4 teams in the country this year. Pretty impressive. Hopefully people will continue to come out and support these ladies. The program has come a million miles just in the 6 years i have been following.

No doubt!

GET THE SWEEP LADIES!

This team is beating teams a year before I thought they would.

I love that it is the whole team playing with all their heart not just a couple. The twins sure know how to fire them up.

• Upvote 2