SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs Bison

GeauxSioux

NDSU, UND to renew men's basketball rivalry at the Fargodome

Ladies and gentlemen, start your rivalry.

North Dakota State and the University of North Dakota will resume their century-old men’s basket-ball series Saturday, Dec. 11 at the Fargodome. What’s been talked about for years was made official on Tuesday.

Little by little the rivalry is getting back in swing.

The Sioux hockey team is in Mankato that weekend. I know that a lot of fans head down for that series.

I see on bville and on the prairie cow media blog there is the same 3 to 5 people who represent themselves as 10 people who are crying bloody murder on this. Lakes over at bville is so absolutely furious-that he's pulling out whatever lies he can and directing it at the reignition of the rivalry. Best one..."The Bison coaching staff didn't want this game but had it forced by the admins"---honestly, if their coaching staff were not ok with playing this... this game would not have happened. The fact is, this game is good for fans of basketball in this state.

The fact that this game has sent Lakes over the edge...makes me smile a bit more today. :lol:

This should be great fun, and even though I'm not so sure about our team heading into this season, I know I'm going to be there to cheer them on until I'm hoarse. With the bigger venue- we should try to get as many Sioux fans in as possible.

I see on bville and on the prairie cow media blog there is the same 3 to 5 people who represent themselves as 10 people who are crying bloody murder on this. Lakes over at bville is so absolutely furious-that he's pulling out whatever lies he can and directing it at the reignition of the rivalry. Best one..."The Bison coaching staff didn't want this game but had it forced by the admins"---honestly, if their coaching staff were not ok with playing this... this game would not have happened. The fact is, this game is good for fans of basketball in this state.

The fact that this game has sent Lakes over the edge...makes me smile a bit more today. :lol:

This should be great fun, and even though I'm not so sure about our team heading into this season, I know I'm going to be there to cheer them on until I'm hoarse. With the bigger venue- we should try to get as many Sioux fans in as possible.

I thought that Brian and Saul were friends. If so, why would the Bison staff be against the game. Consider the source, I guess. :silly:

I'm hoping the game stays close long enough to become hoarse.

December 11th is a Saturday. An early Saturday home date in the FargoDome, the home of a certain team that never hosts a playoff? Isn't that date basically a confession that the bison don't have a prayer of a chance of hosting a home playoff game? Or was the date just a royal screw up?

December 11th is a Saturday. An early Saturday home date in the FargoDome, the home of a certain team that never hosts a playoff? Isn't that date basically a confession that the bison don't have a prayer of a chance of hosting a home playoff game? Or was the date just a royal screw up?

I am sure they could schedule an 11am FB game, then convert for an 8pm tip if needed. Or there's always the optioin to move the BB game to the Sports arena if needed.

I am sure they could schedule an 11am FB game, then convert for an 8pm tip if needed. Or there's always the optioin to move the BB game to the Sports arena if needed.

I don't think there are any high school playoffs that day so they shouldn't have to worry about moving the game.

I would suspect this one will not be much of a game. NDSU clearly will outmatch UND on the court......but, BB is always more ripe for the upset than Football. I hope it is an interesting game.

I guess we'll see. The Bison weren't exactly world beaters last season either so I'm a little confused by the confidence of a lot of Bison fans.

I would suspect this one will not be much of a game. NDSU clearly will outmatch UND on the court......but, BB is always more ripe for the upset than Football. I hope it is an interesting game.

There seems to be a lot of predictions similar to this among Bison fans. I have seen anywhere from 20-40 point blowout.

One question: you do realize your team sucked last year, right? Their record was 11-18 with the best win of the season coming vs. 14-16 SDSU. Oh wait, thats right, I keep forgetting that you had the best recruiting class in Summit League history and your program is rich with tradition.

Seriously Bison fans, can you at least be realistic. I know UND is way down but c'mon. Plus, the game is being played in the Dome which will change things.

There seems to be a lot of predictions similar to this among Bison fans. I have seen anywhere from 20-40 point blowout.

One question: you do realize your team sucked last year, right? Their record was 11-18 with the best win of the season coming vs. 14-16 SDSU. Oh wait, thats right, I keep forgetting that you had the best recruiting class in Summit League history and your program is rich with tradition.

Seriously Bison fans, can you at least be realistic. I know UND is way down but c'mon. Plus, the game is being played in the Dome which will change things.

That's the best part about the rivalry renewing is a chance to shut some of these guys up. You'd think they were god's gift to Division I by hearing their fans talk. Then you look at their records and realized they are well below .500 in most of their "marquee" sports. If you read their board they rip on every other football program in the region while coming off a 3-8 season where their only three victories literally came against probably three of the worst football teams in all of FCS. Guess being a Bison fan must require a loose grip on reality.

That's the best part about the rivalry renewing is a chance to shut some of these guys up. You'd think they were god's gift to Division I by hearing their fans talk. Then you look at their records and realized they are well below .500 in most of their "marquee" sports. If you read their board they rip on every other football program in the region while coming off a 3-8 season where their only three victories literally came against probably three of the worst football teams in all of FCS. Guess being a Bison fan must require a loose grip on reality.

You have your chance now to win your first BIG game (since going DI) this Thursday. Will it be fb or bb that does it.

I'm going to go with the March 1959 win over Michigan State to win the National Championship in hockey.

My choice would be:

Jan. 10, 1948 -- UND crashes into the big-time of college hockey when it stuns the Michigan Wolverines 6-5 in Ann Arbor. Strong defense and a pair of goals each from John Noah, Gordon (Ginny) Christian and Tom Medved key the big win. Noah scores the winning goal at 19:14 of the third period. Bob Murray stops 34 Michigan shots in the UND net.

I think he meant D1 football and basketball not hockey. At least I think thats what he meant. :D

We know what he meant. The point is that UND has already been successful in Division I in another sport (even if some people don't want to consider hockey a legitimate DI sport). Big wins will come and will be nice in football and in basketball. But they won't be the first big wins for the school in DI.

I think it is going to be football...I don't trust our bball team even against NDSU at a so called neutral site.

Still......I do think it is easier to get an upset in BB.

I am debating whether or not to fly back to Fargo for the game. The dome is so huge that it is not a great BB venue, but if it is a tight game it would be fun.