SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

They completely were attacking him all game, no question. I did not see the kicking thing, though I was on the other end of the rink. The Wayzata guy probably deserved it. Can't say I blame him.

Coach Jackson and Coach Berry were also at the game.

I was watching the game and watched all the replays and never saw the kick either. Announcers also seemed very skeptical about that call. When he was called for the major there was a guy standing right over him and in his face and I thought that a ref should have jumped in there and got the Wayzata kid out of there as well.

Anyone happen to know if he was the recruit at the game this weekend? I saw a recruit on the bench friday I believe and he looked to be taller than Dane and close to the same height as Berry.

That recruit was a Iron Ranger. You can watch him on Hockey Day Minnesota tomorrow!

So it was Avery Peterson I'm assuming? I saw orange on his jacket. Must have been his Grand Rapids jacket.

That would be my guess as well, if anyone wants to watch him today his team plays on FSN against Benilde at 1:30 as part of Hockey Day Minnesota.

Anyone watching the hockey day coverage they got Brendan Burke doing the high school game right now with Gorg and he would be a huge improvement over Hammer the horrible.

Peterson has looked pretty good playing in some tough conditions against a vey good team and I like the way he plays. I also like the talent of Spencer Naas and TJ Moore for Benilde although it is a little tough to judge these guys just off of today with the conditions they are playing but I have seen them play a few times and they have all been pretty impressive.

EDIT: Peterson just scored again on a nice play, the way he plays reminds me a little of the way Brock Nelson plays.

I feel something is up with him. A high WHL pick commits to UND immediately after his rights get traded? I think this will be a classic case of him using UND as leverage to get traded to the team of his liking. I really hope I am wrong because he looks to be a pretty good recruit, but I have a bad feeling about this one. Initially, I thought Miller, Matteau, Lemieux, and Koules would all come here, Gardner I don't feel that way even now.

I feel something is up with him. A high WHL pick commits to UND immediately after his rights get traded? I think this will be a classic case of him using UND as leverage to get traded to the team of his liking.

I was thinking the same things as well.

Can't people just understand that rules are rules. Feud taking place on Twitter. Lots of immaturity.

@UNDSID

A reminder that it is a violation of NCAA rules for fans to mention, or communicate with, recruits via Twitter.

FYI, I had one class with Landen (@Nate_Dogg34) back when I was in highschool (I'm 19 years old by the way), he is so cocky it's unbelievable. He is one of those kids who never shuts their mouth.

I think landen is jsut very passionate about his favorite team.... if you think we will get in trouble because of one tweet......

look at tyus jones... that guy gets everything from tweets to chants at games to everything....

a chant at the game by a whole student section

For those of you who think your are smarter than the NCAA ... uh, who's missing a nickname and who's won the court battles? ???

Now, if you are a booster (and odds are if you're reading this you are) here's some base information from UND:

http://www.undsports.com//ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=3761808

THE PRINCIPLE OF INSTITUTIONAL CONTROL AND RESPONSIBILITY

Institutional control of athletics is a fundamental requirement of NCAA legislation. The institution's responsibility for the conduct of its athletics program includes responsibility for the actions of its staff members and for the actions of boosters or "representatives of the University's Athletics Interests."

WHO IS A REPRESENTATIVE OF THE UNIVERSITY'S ATHLETICS INTERESTS?

You are considered a "Representative of the University's Athletics Interests (a booster) if you:

* have participated in or are currently a member of any athletics department booster group, the Fighting Sioux Club, or Sioux Boosters;

* made a donation to the men's or women's athletic program;

* have assisted or been asked to assist in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes;

* have assisted in providing benefits to enrolled student-athletes or their families; or

* have been or are involved in promoting UND athletics in any way.

* Once a person is defined as a booster/representative of UND's athletic interests, they retain that identity indefinitely, even if they no longer support the athletics program.

PERMISSABLE ACTIVITIES BY BOOSTERS

* UND boosters may attend events (e.g., contests, banquets) where prospects are present on his or her own initiative, subject to the understanding that the booster may NOT contact the prospect or the prospect's relatives.

* UND boosters may inform the Sioux coaches of prospects in their area by contacting the UND staff and sending Sioux coaches newspaper clippings with the names of particular prospects.

* Do continue establishing family relationships with friends and neighbors. Contacts with prospects are permitted as long as they are not made for recruiting purposes and are not initiated by UND staff members.

UND boosters may arrange employment for prospective student-athletes. The prospect may not begin the job until after the completion of his or her senior year in high school. Compensation must be based on work actually performed and at a normal rate.

Occasional Meals

A single current student-athlete or an entire team may receive an occasional family meal from a booster under certain conditions. The occasional meal MUST be provided in the individual's home, may be catered and must be restricted to infrequent or special occasions. All occasional meals must be pre-approved by the Assistant Athletics Director for Compliance PRIOR to the meal occuring. It is an NCAA violation for student-athletes to receive too many occasional meals, so seeking approval BEFORE the meal ensures that any meals offered are permissible per NCAA legislation.

IMPERMISSIBLE ACTIVITIES BY BOOSTERS

In Division I, representatives of UND's athletic interests are prohibited from making any in-person, on- or off-campus recruiting contacts, as well as written or telephone communications with a prospect or the prospect's parents or relatives.

Contact With Prospect's Coach or School Staff

Contact with a prospect's coach, principal or counselor in an attempt to evaluate the prospect is prohibited.

Financial Aid or Other Benefits to Prospects and Current Student-Athletes

Representatives of UND's athletic interests (boosters) may not provide any financial aid or other benefits, such as clothing, special discounts, tickets to events, or co-signing loans, to a prospect or their relatives OR current UND student-athletes and their relatives. If boosters were to give financial aid or any benefits to a prospect or their relatives OR student-athletes and their relatives, it would make that prospect/student-athlete ineligible for competition at UND and possibly mean that UND athletics teams would have to forfeit any contests that the prospect/student-athlete participated in at UND.

Contact With Prospect's Coach or School Staff

Contact with a prospect's coach, principal or counselor in an attempt to evaluate the prospect is prohibited.