SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

Rhett Gardner plays for the Moose Jaw Generals (16G, 19A for 35 points in 22 games)

Sounds like a decent recruit. However, after a quick twitter search I found this tidbit from Jan. 10:

Hmm... I guess we shall see

Yeah, we have had several players that were 100% coming here back out on there commitments, if he is 50/50 right now, I would be surprised if he ever made it to campus. Time will tell though.

And is there any way to change the thread title? 2010/2011 is a little outdated, not that it really matters just wondering.

Haven't seen many scores as I was at Grafton/ParkRiver vs West Fargo game but I do like Shane getting it done. Now maybe bring in Gropp to play with his friend

To me it's looking like the coaches are in the prosses of building a really good team out of guys that are 96 birth year

Shane Gersich scored a hat trick and 2 assists today

You mean the recruit that is going to decommit when he realizes he made a "short-sighted decision" after the Gophers win the national championship in the spring???

... Or at least that's what the Gopher fan chirping me on Twitter is saying. Hmmmm.

Recruit Update:

'92

Paul LaDue, D, Lincoln (USHL), 33gp, 7-20-27

'93

Geoff Crisfield, D, Vernon (BCHL), 34gp, 1-1-2

Wade Murphy, F, Penticton (BCHL), 34gp, 16-29-45

Tucker Poolman, D, Omaha (USHL), 34gp, 8-7-15

'94

Adam Tambellini, F, Surrey (BCHL), 38gp, 27-19-46

Luke Johnson, F, Lincoln (USHL), 26gp, 7-13-20

Jack Rowe, F, Cedar Rapids (USHL), 31gp, 10-11-21

'95

Luke Voltin, F, Des Moines (USHL), 36gp, 3-12-15

Charlie Pelnik, D, Fargo (USHL), 10gp, 0-1-1

Keaton Thompson, D, NTDP U18, 31gp, 1-7-8

'96

Nick Schmaltz, F, Green Bay (USHL), 35gp, 11-17-28

Chris Wilkie, F, NTDP U17, 33gp, 12-14-26

Austin Poganski, F, St Cloud Cathedral (MNHS), 14gp, 14-11-25

Shane Gersich, F, Holy Family (MNHS), 12gp, 10-18-28

Ryan Mantha, D, Sioux City (USHL), 27gp, 0-2-2

'97

Christian Evers, D, Omaha Lancers AAA U16

NHL CSS Mid Term Rankings - NA Skaters

Thompson 51

Tambellini 62

Johnson 78

http://www.tsn.ca/dr...ature/?id=77886

Johnson sure slipped from this summer, I'm guessing it's because his numbers are not very great compared to what he did as a 17 year old rookie. He had a terrible start to the season but over the past 10-15 he has sure turned it on. I bet he still ends up having a decent season.

Tambellini has risen however....he should be decent.

Unless he's talking about Notre Dame...looks like we may have landed Rhett Gardner. Looks like a nice-sized Canadian forward.

http://www.smaaahl.c...playerID=935964

Anyone happen to know if he was the recruit at the game this weekend? I saw a recruit on the bench friday I believe and he looked to be taller than Dane and close to the same height as Berry.

Watching this game you can see everyone on the other team always knows where Gersich is and they are really focused on him. Also notice Wayzata taking a lot of runs at him no matter where he is and if he has the puck or not.

They completely were attacking him all game, no question. I did not see the kicking thing, though I was on the other end of the rink. The Wayzata guy probably deserved it. Can't say I blame him.

Coach Jackson and Coach Berry were also at the game.