SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

True, but Jack Rowe has similar stats to Johnson and people are wondering if he is a Michael Fink. Don't know if he will turn out like Fink or not, but I think all that people are looking at are stats and trying to extrapolate how they will do at the next level. I know that is human nature, but we have all seen guys that put up huge numbers in the USHL and have been checking forwards at UND, or they never realize the potential people expected of them. Brian Canady and James Massen come to mind in that regard, while Brandon Bochenski fulfilled the expectations people had of him because of his USHL career.

The opposite could happen too. A kid could come to UND w/ average USHL stats, and have a great career in college. It's about development. More recently, Mike Parks didn't put up overwhelming USHL numbers, decent yes, and he seems to have done okay here thus far. My point is that it's all about what they do when they get here. It's fun to follow them now, but it all means nothing if they do nothing when they get here.

Wilkie is tearing it up in the u17 tourney! Wow

Draft stock rising big time and it was already pretty high.

@SchlossmanGF: Wilkie having a big tournament. MT @SiouxTradition: USA leads Russia 3-2 after 2 in U17 semis. Two goals for Wilkie & one for Poganski

Anyone know where poganski sits in the NHL draft world? Hadnt heard much until he commited to UND. Thanks

Luke's hasn't had that great of a year....but there are quite a bit better, given he's played in 8 less games. Plus, if you take away his first 10 games he's averaging over a point a game. At season's end, Luke will have decent stats. You are correct however, we should just say congrats and let them play.

Your table is effing up my browser. Is that fixable? Jim? Anyone?

Wilkie is tearing it up in the u17 tourney! Wow

Draft stock rising big time and it was already pretty high.

@SchlossmanGF: Wilkie having a big tournament. MT @SiouxTradition: USA leads Russia 3-2 after 2 in U17 semis. Two goals for Wilkie & one for Poganski

Anyone know where poganski sits in the NHL draft world? Hadnt heard much until he commited to UND. Thanks

Think I read somewhere Pogo had 3rd Round potential.

Per his twitter account, Adam Tambellini has been traded from the Vernon Vipers (BCHL) to the Surrey Eagles (BCHL)

He was the top scorer for the Vipers - 56 points (27G, 29A) in 55 games

Nice trade accusition for Surrey! A first place team got a big time player

http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/standingsTotals.cfm?leagueID=2393&clientID=1413

Per his twitter account, Adam Tambellini has been traded from the Vernon Vipers (BCHL) to the Surrey Eagles (BCHL)

He was the top scorer for the Vipers - 56 points (27G, 29A) in 55 games

Sounds like Surrey is getting ready for a playoff run. Surrey is a first place team, Vernon a last place team.

Good move by them, Can't watch to see him light the lamp for the SIOUX

Tambellini, who had 39 points (22G, 17A) in 36 games with Vernon, is the third leading goal scorer in the BCHL. He's obviously a great addition to Surrey's club, who already has the No. 2 goal scorer in the league in Brady Shaw. For Vernon, expectations were high coming into the season, but thus far 2012-13 has been quite a disappointment for the Vipers.

I tried to listen to the Vernon game last night & could only find the lineups from bchl.com. I wondered why Adam wasn't in the lineup since he wasn't picked for the tourney, but did find this article: http://www.theprovince.com/sports/BCHL+Tournament+squad+snub+sparked+Tambellini/7612599/story.html. We'll see how he plays with more help from his linemates.

Rhett Gardner plays for the Moose Jaw Generals (16G, 19A for 35 points in 22 games)

Sounds like a decent recruit. However, after a quick twitter search I found this tidbit from Jan. 10:

@chrisdilks: '96 Rhett Gardner had his rights traded in WHL today to Brandon. @WEHPScout says he's 50/50 between WHL and Green Bay of USHL.

Hmm... I guess we shall see