SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

I think they conveniently forget about the issues they have. Haula had his incident with underage drinking and to the best of my knowledge didn't have to sit out a game. Wasn't Connor Reilly injured at a team party? Don't even get started on Nate Hagemo. Bottom line is stuff like that happens everywhere, so don't be so hypocritical. We know how they hate overage Canadians, but how do they feel about overage Minnesotans who play hockey in Canada and then miss an entire season from getting injured at a team party?

To be fair, Haula wasn't underage.

I went to watch Gersich play today at the Victoria Rec Center. He's everything they say he is. Good skater (great breakaway speed), slick play making ability, good hands, wins battles in the corners, and plays the center position well. He's also a good two player, plays the body and he was in on the penalty kill. Not sure if it has to do with the commitment, but there was a bounty on him from the East Ridge team today. There were two roughing penalties (dirty hits) that left him on the ice for a little awhile and there could have been another tripping call.

I went to watch Gersich play today at the Victoria Rec Center. He's everything they say he is. Good skater (great breakaway speed), slick play making ability, good hands, wins battles in the corners, and plays the center position well. He's also a good two player, plays the body and he was in on the penalty kill. Not sure if it has to do with the commitment, but there was a bounty on him from the East Ridge team today. There were two roughing penalties (dirty hits) that left him on the ice for a little awhile and there could have been another tripping call.

Every time Gersich gets a point, John Peterson and Ryan Swanson are on the score sheet with him.

Recruit Update:

'92

Paul Ladue, D, Lincoln (USHL), 26gp, 4-18-22

'93

Geoff Crisfield, D, Vernon (BCHL), 30gp, 1-0-1

Wade Murphy, F, Penticton (BCHL), 28gp, 15-27-42

Tucker Poolman, D, Omaha (USHL), 23gp, 7-6-13

'94

Adam Tambellini, F, Vernon (BCHL), 34gp, 21-17-38

Luke Johnson, F, Lincoln (USHL), 20gp, 5-9-14

Jack Rowe, F, Cedar Rapids (USHL), 24gp, 5-9-14

'95

Luke Voltin, F, Des Moines (USHL), 28gp, 2-12-14

Charlie Pelnik, D, Fargo (USHL), 10gp, 0-1-1

Keaton Thompson, D, NTDP U18, 27gp, 1-5-6

'96

Nick Schmaltz, F, Green Bay (USHL), 27gp, 6-13-19

Chris Wilkie, F, NTDP U17, 24gp, 6-7-13

Austin Poganski, F, St Cloud Cathedral (MNHS), 9gp, 13-8-21

Shane Gersich, F, Holy Family (MNHS), 8gp, 7-12-19

Ryan Mantha, D, Sioux City (USHL), 20gp, 0-1-1

'97

Christian Evers, D, Omaha Lancers AAA U16

Charlie Pelnik is listed on the Inactive roster for Fargo currently. The Omaha Lancers AAA website doesn't list stats yet for this season.

• Upvote 1

Recruit Update:

'92

'93

'94

There are some good recruits coming in... I can't wait to see Wde Murphy don the Green and White.

Recruit Update:

'92

'93

'94

'95

'96

'97

Charlie Pelnik is listed on the Inactive roster for Fargo currently. The Omaha Lancers AAA website doesn't list stats yet for this season.

Does anyone have ANY insight into the Pelnik situation. As I have stated before, I have seen him a few times playing for the Force and he seemed solid, but never really saw much ice time. I saw the Force traded away one of their top defensemen, so I thought Pelnik would get more icetime. Is he injured, on the outs with the staff, or just deemed not good enough??

Recruit Update:

'92

'93

'94

'95

'96

'97

The '96s are a real special bunch... I also cant wait to see Luke Johnson.

The 2 times I saw him play this year he did not impress. Didn't get a bunch of ice time either time but when he was out there he struggled in my opinion.

I didn't think he was any worse than the other D for the Force. He is not flashy and isn't going to be an offensive D-man; but he played the body well and was in position in his own zone. I saw him get limited ice time at D in 2 games and play wing for a period in another game. He has a ways to go, but I think the raw talent is there. Bottom line is if he spends a whole year on the practice squad it will REALLY set him back.

I didn't think he was any worse than the other D for the Force. He is not flashy and isn't going to be an offensive D-man; but he played the body well and was in position in his own zone. I saw him get limited ice time at D in 2 games and play wing for a period in another game. He has a ways to go, but I think the raw talent is there. Bottom line is if he spends a whole year on the practice squad it will REALLY set him back.

He played wing the 2 times I saw him. Maybe that's why he looked a little out of place at times. He has a ways to go in my opinion.

Not that there is any current need, but after next year there is only one goaltender in the stable. Anybody heard of possible goaltenders on the recruiting radar of the green and white?

There have been some superlatives about Chase Perry from Andover. As said before, he is Craig Perry's kid. I would think if he was a prospect though, it would be for after Gothberg is gone.

Not that there is any current need, but after next year there is only one goaltender in the stable. Anybody heard of possible goaltenders on the recruiting radar of the green and white?

Sorry, but I hate referring to UND as the green and white...it just seems cheesy...end of rant...btw, good point on the goalie situation...:)
  • Upvote 1

I can't wait to see if he plays with his uncle Chad's skill and his dad's drive. That would make the perfect combo.

Just watching him as an 8th grader absolutly schooling players that were up to 5 years older than him was special. Hes got awesome hands and vision which always make for a good playmaker. Throw in some speed and hard nosed defensive mentality and he could develope into a special player.

Also can't understate how important it is to have grand forks kids (when they're good enough) on the team.

• Upvote 1