SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

Sounds like Gersich has a chance to be a Zach Parise type player. Long ways to go until then, but definitely a great get for UND, especially when it's stealing one from the Gophers.

Wonder how long before Lou Nanne and Glen Sonmor make a road trip to get him to change his mind!

One poster on GPL believes he's too "fragile" to play for the Gophers

That will be one of many excuses you're going to hear. Bottom line he wanted to do his own thing and they lost out. His coach says most schools didn't even come and look at him because they felt he was Gopher hands down. Got give r recruiters props for showing interest in him...SCORE

• Upvote 1

That will be one of many excuses you're going to hear. Bottom line he wanted to do his own thing and they lost out. His coach says most schools didn't even come and look at him because they felt he was Gopher hands down. Got give r recruiters props for showing interest in him...SCORE

UND recruits pretty much every top player in Minny. Many come down to um or UND as the final couple choices even if that is 70/30 in favor of Mn. Great pick ups on these 2 back to back! that's three in a row including Hurley that went to Notre dame. Who wouldnt want to play in front of 12,000 fans every weekend!? Denver to UAA the Ralph is 10k plus on the low end weekend to weekend.

We cooled on him and we dont have enough spots open for him anyways. ;)

Great get for UND though.

It wouldn't surprise me with how bad the Gophers have been at recruiting in the last 5 years, or so. :lol: All that homegrown talent to choose from and you still pick so many duds....

I know you are kidding, but a lot of times it is a crapshoot trying to project how a player will develop. I think everybody thought that A.J. Michaelson was a big loss for us, but I don't think he will be an impact player, except if he can progress the way that Matt Frattin did every year. Wes Dorey was supposed to be the stud in his recruiting class and Jeff Panzer almost an afterthought, and we all know how that turned out. Gersich might not develop to be an impact player, but is nice to have the skill base he does and hope the ethic and some great coaching can allow him to progress to an impact player.

Not sure if mentioned but any chance Poganski and Gersich were a package deal?

In the MN hockey hub article Sprig linked to above they mentioned specifically that there was no "package deal" involved; however, the two are friends and had been communicating throughout the recruiting process.

If they all show up this is quite the reload.

Love it and tip my hat to the staff on these commits...

Awesome!!!

Didn't somebody say that Brad Berry went to a Holy Family game about a week ago? Perhaps his personality is paying big dividends. Doesn't hurt to have a really nice guy with all that coaching experience come calling on a recruit. Got to hurt those Minnesota fans that have no respect for our coaching staff see Gersich gush over our coaches. Wasn't it Gersich that tweeted how unbelievable the atmosphere at the Ralph was when he visited? Sounds like a lot went into his decision, and if you are the gopher coaching staff, what can you do if a kid likes the small town/campus environment. It's like UND coaches think, you win some and you lose some. You would rather have a kid all in to your program anyway.

We cooled on him and we dont have enough spots open for him anyways. ;)

Great get for UND though.

Haha yeah right...I saw him play a few weeks back, he is awesome. Three things I noticed: 1. Kid has sick vision; 2. super dangles; 3. the sauciest passes I have seen in high school since some Baron kid that played for LOW.

I know you are kidding, but a lot of times it is a crapshoot trying to project how a player will develop. I think everybody thought that A.J. Michaelson was a big loss for us, but I don't think he will be an impact player, except if he can progress the way that Matt Frattin did every year. Wes Dorey was supposed to be the stud in his recruiting class and Jeff Panzer almost an afterthought, and we all know how that turned out. Gersich might not develop to be an impact player, but is nice to have the skill base he does and hope the ethic and some great coaching can allow him to progress to an impact player.

After seeing him play....I would be blown away if he wasn't an impact player. He is way too smart on the ice, plus he has a long way to go as far as maturing...from what I can see. I really hope he plays juniors for the next two years.