SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

Good news about Schmaltz!

Moving off topic here, but Rocco Grimaldi is scheduled to be on The Pipeline Show tonight.

http://www.thepipelineshow.com/index.php

They archive their shows so you can listen to the clips later if you don't want to listen live. You know they'll ask him about the WHL, so it'll be interesting to see what he has to say about that.

Just listened to the Pipeline Show......Rocco sounds like a stud. He said he is coming to NODAK and not going to Portland (WHL). He said his word is important and he won't back out. He did mention that he has been talking to Portland. His sister plays soccer @ Oklahoma St.

With Schmaltz now committing, it reminds me that we've been on the good end of a lot of recruits de-committing for their first choice and picking UND..

-Jason Gregoire-formerly committed to Denver before switching to UND

-Mario Lamoureux-formerly committed to Northern Michigan before switching to UND

-Colten St. Clair-formerly committed to Colorad College before switching to UND

-Jordan Schmaltz-formerly committed to Wisconsin before switching to UND

Any others that you can remember, feel free to post

With Schmaltz now committing, it reminds me that we've been on the good end of a lot of recruits de-committing for their first choice and picking UND..

-Jason Gregoire-formerly committed to Denver before switching to UND

-Mario Lamoureux-formerly committed to Northern Michigan before switching to UND

-Colten St. Clair-formerly committed to Colorad College before switching to UND

-Jordan Schmaltz-formerly committed to Wisconsin before switching to UND

Any others that you can remember, feel free to post

Kevin Spiewak- formerly committed to Lake Superior State thankfully switched to the Sioux.

Wow, never knew that.

Just think, you'd be hanging out in a Lakers forum right now if he hadn't switched. ;):)

That would have been a lot of boring years for me.

Fortunately for him, he didn't have to deal with that fiasco they have at that school.

Probably one of the bigger recruiting mistakes they made letting him leave.

Danny Mattson off to a good start in the regular season with a goal, an assist and 5 shots on goal in a 4-2 win against Fargo. Gothberg took the loss in goal.

It would be great to see him take off this season and then carry that progress into UND next season.

Speaking of good starts, Grimaldi is killing it so far in the USHL. :D

Speaking of Grimaldi and Mattson, Brad talks of both on his latest update:

**UND recruit Rocco Grimaldi is off to a big start with the U18 team. He scored six goals in four games at the USHL Fall Classic. Speaking of Grimaldi, he was on The Pipeline Show. Listen to the interview here. Grimaldi confirms heā€™s not going to go to the WHL, saying ā€œI wonā€™t go back on my word. My word is one of the strongest things I have. Iā€™m going to North Dakota and Iā€™m excited about it.ā€

**Good early signs from UND recruit Danny Mattson. He had a goal and an assist and a game-high five shots on goal in Chicagoā€™s 4-2 win over Fargo tonight.

UND recruits Grimaldi and Koules play DU Saturday and CC on Sunday in exhibitions.

Hopefully they can light the lamp and show those schools a glimpse of what is to come. :)

So, I went to the Fargo Force game in Green Bay tonight. Got to see Colten St. Clair and Zane Gothberg (warmups only for Zane tonight). It was a rematch of last year's Championship, so both teams were grinding hard.

First, Colten was a smooth, quick skater, with soft hands and a quick, hard release. He reminds me a lot of a right-handed Jason Gregoire, except Colten takes faceoffs too. He can be flashy, but more often-than-not, makes the right play. Colten ended up winning the game in OT with a strong move to the net and a nice play to finish. I can't wait to see him play at North Dakota.

Zane looked a bit off. Didn't seem to be seeing the puck real well in warmups, but it was only that, warmups. He's still young and will get up to speed with the pace of the USHL, which can be pretty quick at times.

little late but added schmaltz

FUTURE COMMITED RECRUITS

NICK MATTSON - D - Indiana - USHL - 11' - Drafted 6th Rd. (#180) - CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

DANNY MATTSON - F - Chicago - USHL - 11' (undrafted)

MICHAEL PARKS - F - Cedar Rapids - USHL - 11' - Drafted 5th Rd. (#149) - PHILADELPHIA FLYERS

BRENDAN O'DONNELL - F - Penticton Vees - BCHL - 11' - Drafted 6th Rd. (#156) - TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING

ZANE GOTHBERG - G - Fargo Force - USHL - 11' / 12' - Drafted 6th Rd. (#165) - BOSTON BRUINS

COLTEN ST. CLAIR - F - Fargo Force - USHL - 11' (2011 Draft Prospect)

MARK MACMILLIN - F - Penticton Vees - BCHL - 11' - Drafted 4th Rd. (#113) - MONTREAL CANADIENS

ROCCO GRIMALDI - F - US U18 NTDP - (2011 draft prospepct)

JACK ROWE - F - Team Illinois MIDGET - 12' / 13'

MILES KOULES - F - US U17 / 12' - 13'

JORDAN SCHMALTZ - D - Sioux City - USHL - 12'