SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

I don't know much about this new recruit Austin Poganski. Is this a good pickup?

Yes, a very good recruit. 9th rated forward at last summer's U-16 Player Dev. Camp by USHR:

We did not have a ton of prior knowledge of the St. Cloud Cathedral forward, but he really jumped out at us. A tall, lanky winger with great legs and an explosive first step, we are told that the NTDP is considering him for the final forward spot on the U17 Team. Was named to the Five Nations U17 team. A top uncommitted college prospect who is only going to get better as he fills out.

St. Cloud Times article on Poganski commitment

Ever since he played for the Junior Sioux as a kid, Austin Poganski always had it in the back of his mind that he would play hockey for the University of North Dakota one day.

ā€œIā€™m super excited,ā€ Poganski said. ā€œIā€™m super pumped.

Poganski said he chose UND over Minnesota and St. Cloud State.

He said he ultimately was sold on the Grand Forks, N.D., school after attending a UND game at the Ralph Englestad Arena.

ā€œWith the fans and everything, it felt like a really good place to play,ā€ Poganski said. ā€œIt felt like home.ā€

Just read Hammy said he heard he didn't want to go to SCSU, so maybe I was wrong.

Either way, good get for you guys. Congrats.

Additionally, it's nice to get another of the local/regional kids (Poolman, Johnson, Thompson, LaDue, etc., and now Poganski) versus the guys UND has had de-commit recently, i.e. Matteau, Koules, Lemieux, Miller.

• Upvote 2

Additionally, it's nice to get another of the local/regional kids (Poolman, Johnson, Thompson, LaDue, etc., and now Poganski) versus the guys UND has had de-commit recently, i.e. Matteau, Koules, Lemieux, Miller.

Very good point.

Are there any kids in EGF right now that are being recruited? I was at the game where they slaughtered Central and noticed coaches Poolman Eades and Jackson at the game. I know they have the younger Ausmus and some coaches sons on the team, also the FR Tweten looked pretty good against a garbage Central team.

Are there any kids in EGF right now that are being recruited? I was at the game where they slaughtered Central and noticed coaches Poolman Eades and Jackson at the game. I know they have the younger Ausmus and some coaches sons on the team, also the FR Tweten looked pretty good against a garbage Central team.

It seems EGF has a younger poolman a bowen and a Eades.

Forgot TYLER PALMISCNO was coaching at egf

http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/page/show/552527?subseason=79765

Tanner Tweten is someone to keep an eye on. Unreal first step, great speed, and tenacious. Only a freshman and listed at 6'2".

Also Eddie Eades is a beast.

Yes, EGF has several players w/alot of potential. As geaux_sioux & Schlossman have mentioned, FR Tanner Tweten is one to keep an eye on. SO Dixon Bowen is VERY intriguing, along with Colton Poolman & Eddie E...

Also for the GF HS crowd: I'm in FGO, saw RR's Jacob Benson against Fargo Davies and wasn't overly impressed (though I came in with high expectations for him). How's he been this year?

And our favorite JT Miller, he now plays in the AHL for the Connecticut Whale. In 14 games he has 2 goals and 4 assists and is a -1. He has 6 PIM.

http://www.ctwhale.com/team/player-stats

It's just interesting to see how these guys are doing even though they bailed on us.

This may run some people wrong but he has actually stepped it up over the past month. He actually should be still playing in the OHL but decided to play up.

I live in Sartell (just north of St Cloud) from what I have heard from coaches in the area this kid is the real deal. A better player and more potential than nate schmidt when he was at Cathedral. Sounds like he is a huge get for the staff. People here thought for sure he would end up with the goofs

Shouldn't you be "Sartell Sioux" then instead of "Brainerd Sioux"?! ;):lol: