Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
AZSIOUX

COMMITTED Sioux Recruits

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, tho0505 said:

The host does a very good interview. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, tnt said:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nhl/news/nhl-mock-draft-2018-picks-order-projections-rasmus-dahlin-sabres-canadiens-blackhawks-rangers/1wwd425dls1km1pjod5zbjj4sc

 

Wouldn't it be cool if both Tychonick and Bernard Docker got drafted by the same team as this mock has?  They certainly would be able to grow together, but then if one leaves early, does the other too?

Actually, I'd think one of them leaving would encourage the other to stay as that means one less spot, you know?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Actually, I'd think one of them leaving would encourage the other to stay as that means one less spot, you know?

Good point, I suppose the big club’s interest level on signing them would drive the timeline more than ego.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tnt said:

Good point, I suppose the big club’s interest level on signing them would drive the timeline more than ego.

I think we can get three years from both. I guess, I hope. UND being really, really competitive in year 2 and 3 should keep both very interested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

US Select 17 Development Camp (2001) starts next Tuesday.

Mancinelli - Team Gold

Miller - Team Red

Schmaltz - Team Royal

Always fun to see how the UND recruits match up against the best of their birth year (USNTDP members excluded)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jacob Bernard-Docker goes #26 by Ottawa. Pretty cool to see how much he rose in the lists through the year.

Congrats to JBD!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats to JBD!  Awesome to hear the commentators say such nice things about him, UND, and Brad Berry.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty much guarantees he will be a two year player vs 3 year in 2nd round.  Especially being drafted by Ottawa if he even shows up at campus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great to finally get a blue chippa on the roster.  Wasn’t sure prior to the draft today if we’d land one.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Happy as heck for the kid....

Hopefully Ott. is happy with Wolanins' development and JBD makes it to campus... hoping hes already enrolled and taking summer classes

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Cratter said:

I thought Tychonick was the chippa.

I was watching the draft, I was almost positive we were going to hear Tychonicks name second to last or last in the first.  With all those dmen going I was shocked he wasn’t picked.  I’m guessing they’ll be a string of Fs going early in the second. Congrats to JBD though! 

What is story with Wilde not going yet?  Kid was a lotto pick 3 months ago.  Both him and Blake McLaughlin both have CHL rumors, both were not invited (shockingly) to USAs summer u20 eval camp, and both just slipped out of the first.  Although many scouts did have McLaughlin slipping out of the first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DAR said:

Pretty much guarantees he will be a two year player vs 3 year in 2nd round.  Especially being drafted by Ottawa if he even shows up at campus

No inside information, but I wouldn't worry about JBD not being here in the fall. Guys like JBD, Tychonick, Jost (next year Rizzo, Blaisdell) all made the conscious decision to play Junior A instead of CHL to go the college route. 

The guys UND has had trouble with all came from one program and had no local ties. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2018 at 2:15 PM, tnt said:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nhl/news/nhl-mock-draft-2018-picks-order-projections-rasmus-dahlin-sabres-canadiens-blackhawks-rangers/1wwd425dls1km1pjod5zbjj4sc

 

Wouldn't it be cool if both Tychonick and Bernard Docker got drafted by the same team as this mock has?  They certainly would be able to grow together, but then if one leaves early, does the other too?

They did,  but it's Ottawa

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AJS said:

No inside information, but I wouldn't worry about JBD not being here in the fall. Guys like JBD, Tychonick, Jost (next year Rizzo, Blaisdell) all made the conscious decision to play Junior A instead of CHL to go the college route. 

The guys UND has had trouble with all came from one program and had no local ties. 

Who’s worried?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hain is one of the rare cases that leaves MN HS Hockey to play for the NTDP and his draft stock is crushed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Hain is one of the rare cases that leaves MN HS Hockey to play for the NTDP and his draft stock is crushed

A lot changes in one year from the previous projections. I think if I remember right he was a second-round projection. He didn't get great playing time, but still was with the top development programs in the US. 

He'll be a solid player for us for three-plus seasons. Glad to see him get drafted though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×