SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

4 hours ago, John W. said:

Reported here and elsewhere,  UND Fighting _ _ _ _ _ (insert fav nickname) just signed the top recruiting class in NCAA hockey for next year. That, along with an outstanding nucleus of returnees....led by a dedicated and talented coaching staff...should make UND the prohibitive favorite to win the 2019 Ice Hockey nationals.  Should be an outstanding year at the epitome of venues in collegiate hockey.

You're wasting all that talent, remember - you need to shop at bisonville

1 hour ago, snova4 said:

I'm willing to bet he shows up sooner than later. 

Giving the recent departure of Huber, I bet and hope you're right. Obviously hope everything works out well for Huber as well. 

Moving forward, this also helps a lot with the potential log jam at forward with the '19 class. Bringing the potential number of forwards that could come in to 6 instead of 7. 

1 hour ago, siouxforce19 said:

I am not familiar with that kind of situation. 

If he didn't start taking college classes he can come ten years from now if he wants.  He will be to old to play in any league that allows to maintain eligibility, though, right?

11 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

I am not familiar with that kind of situation. 

Yes currently if you are over 21 you lose a year of eligibility in NCAA hockey. A couple years ago Don Lucia and the Big Ten were pushing for the age to get pushed down to 20 years old... Basically making college hockey less competitive. Although I wouldn't be totally opposed to this, having a potential 24 year old playing with a 17 year old/ 18 year old is frustrating. 

12 hours ago, WiSioux said:

I find this vague... Is he decommitting or postponing when he comes to campus?

Read between the lines, it's vague because it's a personal situation. None of our business. Stand up kid, hope the best for him and his family.

• Upvote 1

Now that Huber is not available, there are limited option as to whom to bring in. It must someone who has graduated HS and cleared the NCAA eligibility clearinghouse. I'm not sure who in the recruiting pipeline fills that description. Like the Herald story said: 

Only three current forward commits have graduated high school and are eligible to come: Mark Senden of the Fargo Force, Carter Randklev of Moorhead High and Braden Costello of the Des Moines Bucs.

Senden, a 20-year-old who captained the Force to the United States Hockey League’s Clark Cup last month, will most likely be the guy.

Randklev and Costello are 18.

4 hours ago, tho0505 said:

Read between the lines, it's vague because it's a personal situation. None of our business. Stand up kid, hope the best for him and his family.

^^^^^^This^^^^^ Whatever his personal situation is we should all just wish the best for him and his family.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Almost certain to be Senden, is that I've heard. 

That's why it's interesting. Do we have the scholarship available, if that spot was a walk-on?  I agree that Senden makes sense to bring in, but if he is a scholarship player and we don't have room in that aspect, we may be reaching back to juniors.

4 minutes ago, tho0505 said:

That's why it's interesting. Do we have the scholarship available, if that spot was a walk-on?  I agree that Senden makes sense to bring in, but if he is a scholarship player and we don't have room in that aspect, we may be reaching back to juniors.

He'll be the same money that was going to be used for Huber.