SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

4 hours ago, AJS said:

Kunz goes #9 overall to Green Bay in the Phase I USHL draft.

Think Schmaltz is the only recruit who is eligible (or hasn't been drafted) for the Phase II draft today.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/hockey/4442539-red-rivers-jackson-kunz-picked-first-round-ushl-phase-i-draft

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

#NoBlueChippas

4 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Jeez...you guys donā€™t stop do you. Ā This is actually getting somewhat comical. Ā Iā€™m entertained.

Pretty sure it's sarcasm coming from Stoney.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I guess I'm confused... are you saying that I am TOO positive about my team? lol.

Haha. Ā Iā€™m saying there are certain folks that post things to get a rise out of others. It goes both ways though, those folks bashing the recruiting need to relax as well. Ā Every year we get good recruits.Ā 

A couple months ago I pointed out that we donā€™t get nearly the number of blue chips that we used to during the early to mid 2000s. Ā We finally got a natty though so thereā€™s that.

https://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/videos/5784829667001/rbc-blaisdell-joins-exclusive-club

Next year will be a fun one to follow for the committed recruits. The 2019 recruiting class has the potential to be very, very good. Not only good, but extremely young. A lot depends on their development, but you have 3 (Mancinelli, Blaisdell & Caulfield) that will be in their 2nd year of juniors in what will be their draft / senior year of HS. All three had strong 1st years, given their ages. Add in Randklev as well as the only +1 and I can't see there being room for anyone else.

2 hours ago, AJS said:

https://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/videos/5784829667001/rbc-blaisdell-joins-exclusive-club

Next year will be a fun one to follow for the committed recruits. The 2019 recruiting class has the potential to be very, very good. Not only good, but extremely young. A lot depends on their development, but you have 3 (Mancinelli, Blaisdell & Caulfield) that will be in their 2nd year of juniors in what will be their draft / senior year of HS. All three had strong 1st years, given their ages. Add in Randklev as well as the only +1 and I can't see there being room for anyone else.

Strong may be a stretch but definitely not bad. Ā Mancinelliā€™s numbers looked solid given the strength of the league he played in. Ā If a guy like Rizzo commits here one of those kids will play an extra year of juniors. Ā Caufield will be tested next year. Ā Iā€™d like to see Blaisdells numbers improve....and Iā€™m sure they will.