SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

45 minutes ago, tnt said:

It says Dman on Schlossman’s Twitter, but elite prospects says forward, and I see a couple different birthdates on different sites.  

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=316129

https://www.neutralzone.net/mens/player/mitchell-miller/

Ushl has Forward as well.  Hopefully he is a dman, or else his numbers wouldn’t be all that impressive.

1 minute ago, scpa0305 said:

Ushl has Forward as well.  Hopefully he is a dman, or else his numbers wouldn’t be all that impressive.

Well, defense is what Schlossman said.  We have a lot of defense lined up around that timeframe.  To be honest, I hope there are two with the same name, and we got the one who wasn’t part of that debacle.

https://www.honeybakedhockey.com/commits

His team last year (HoneyBaked) has him as a defenseman

Listed as defenseman here as well

http://hphl.stats.pointstreak.com/playerpage.html?playerid=10338927&seasonid=17177

It does appear he played defense last year, possibly a converted forward, which is why he’s listed as a Forward in a bunch of places.

Definitely appears to be a good player.

1 hour ago, tnt said:

Well, defense is what Schlossman said.  We have a lot of defense lined up around that timeframe.  To be honest, I hope there are two with the same name, and we got the one who wasn’t part of that debacle.

He’s a dman. He has talent, that’s good.

13 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Looks like we poached one of Miami's players. 

Knowing he's a decommit from Miami, why not look at what a decent source like Heisenberg has:

Mitchell Miller-LW 05-01-18 2020 Detroit Honeybaked U16 6' 190

12-20-01

NZ’s tweet when he committed to Miami mentioned he could play both forward and defense. I think it’s pretty clear, based on the position he played last year, that he’s a converted forward that this past year & moving forward will be a defenseman. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, AJS said:

NZ’s tweet when he committed to Miami mentioned he could play both forward and defense. I think it’s pretty clear, based on the position he played last year, that he’s a converted forward that this past year & moving forward will be a defenseman. 

Only a 4 Star huh?  He’s still young, has time to improve that rating.

1 hour ago, Goon said:

Looks like we poached one of Miami's players. 

Good.  Go for the jugular.  After last season I’d like our coaches to get aggressive with recruiting.  All the big schools do it (obviously), if we sit back and rest on the fact we have the Ralph we’ll slowly start getting toasted.  Other schools are starting to get great facilities as well....and they have the ‘name factor’ as well.  Get rid of that GA.

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Good.  Go for the jugular.  After last season I’d like our coaches to get aggressive with recruiting.  All the big schools do it (obviously), if we sit back and rest on the fact we have the Ralph we’ll slowly start getting toasted.  Other schools are starting to get great facilities as well....and they have the ‘name factor’ as well.  Get rid of that GA.

I might have just gotten that off a fan tweet, sounds like, at least from here he changed his mind. 

30 minutes ago, Goon said:

I might have just gotten that off a fan tweet, sounds like, at least from here he changed his mind. 

....sure.he is good buddies with another UND recruit.  Maybe he swung him.

interesting there has been no story on him committing.

21 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

....sure.he is good buddies with another UND recruit.  Maybe he swung him.

interesting there has been no story on him committing.

I read that in a tweet below his announcement. A good thing. IMHO. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Jake Schmaltz a 3.75 Star recruit.  That’s as low as I can remember.  Do we have any other sub 4 recruits?  

Pinto’s a 3.75 as well

Pinto seemed to have a really good year, will be interesting to see how he does in Lincoln (if that’s where he plays), could turn out to be a really nice find.

• Upvote 1

I don't know if it was mentioned, but Miller was a member of the US Under-17 Men's Select Team for the 5 nations tournament. Which is the team that's picked after the Select 16 Player Development Camp. Looks like he was on the top D-pair all tournament with Minnesota recruit Koster. Basically, the best players not in the Development program (01' year). 

• Played in two games with Cedar Rapids (USHL) in what would have been his Sophomore year
  • PPG in High Performance League (Top Midget League U-16) - One of only 8 players that played 15+ games that was PPG (Only D-man)

Since he's such a late '01, when talking his class, I'd say he's one of the elite D-man in the country for the '20 class. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Jake Schmaltz a 3.75 Star recruit.  That’s as low as I can remember.  Do we have any other sub 4 recruits?  

I take alot of NZ reports with a little more than a grain of salt. Alot of these kids are rated on 1 or 2 games. An off night, injury, etc... and a kid can end with a lower score.  I think Berry & Co. know what they are getting and what role these kids will play much more than some schmuck from NZ after watching for a night or two. Just my opinion. Of course, the 4.5 & 5 star players are a can't miss that anyone with an untrained eye could call.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, AJS said:

I don't know if it was mentioned, but Miller was a member of the US Under-17 Men's Select Team for the 5 nations tournament. Which is the team that's picked after the Select 16 Player Development Camp. Looks like he was on the top D-pair all tournament with Minnesota recruit Koster. Basically, the best players not in the Development program (01' year). 

• Played in two games with Cedar Rapids (USHL) in what would have been his Sophomore year
  • PPG in High Performance League (Top Midget League U-16) - One of only 8 players that played 15+ games that was PPG (Only D-man)

Since he's such a late '01, when talking his class, I'd say he's one of the elite D-man in the country for the '20 class. 

Agreed. Tough to make the NTDP with that late of a birthdate 

3 hours ago, USA said:

I take alot of NZ reports with a little more than a grain of salt. Alot of these kids are rated on 1 or 2 games. An off night, injury, etc... and a kid can end with a lower score.  I think Berry & Co. know what they are getting and what role these kids will play much more than some schmuck from NZ after watching for a night or two. Just my opinion. Of course, the 4.5 & 5 star players are a can't miss that anyone with an untrained eye could call.

Yeah....we all do.  But it’s some sort of ranking that has been well established for some time. Ranking do go up and down over time. It appears to be materially correct in almost all cases though.

On 4/16/2018 at 2:19 PM, tnt said:

I know Rieger had that error against St. Cloud, but I certainly very much like his game as well.  

Plus, it’s a teachable moment. Rather than crucify the kid, I’m sure the coaches will turn it into a positive learning experience for him. It’s all about development.

• Upvote 3

• UNDBIZ changed the title to COMMITTED UND Recruits