SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

2 minutes ago, The Exiled One said:

For all of you bagging on SCSU, from an SCSU fan's perspective, I don't really care how the team is perceived. First of all, it's my alma mater because they offered the programs I was interested in at the right price. I have two degrees from there and a well paying job because of them. I will always be loyal to them, good or bad.

As far as their reputation, I don't care as long as we win championships. I don't care if the championship roster has Randklev or Benson or Poganski or Lizotte on it. We're #1 in the conference and #1 in the nation after taking 4 of 6 points from the Fighting Hawks this past weekend, so I'm feeling pretty good, and nothing you say about SCSU's past will change that.

Congrats on the new recruit, he looks like a real good one. :)

Congrats on the high paying job, and that frequently accomplished 12th place tie in the tourney.

Is your successful business perhaps involved in participation banner production?

Cheers on you December win and tie.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, The Exiled One said:

For all of you bagging on SCSU, from an SCSU fan's perspective, I don't really care how the team is perceived. First of all, it's my alma mater because they offered the programs I was interested in at the right price. I have two degrees from there and a well paying job because of them. I will always be loyal to them, good or bad.

As far as their reputation, I don't care as long as we win championships. I don't care if the championship roster has Randklev or Benson or Poganski or Lizotte on it. We're #1 in the conference and #1 in the nation after taking 4 of 6 points from the Fighting Hawks this past weekend, so I'm feeling pretty good, and nothing you say about SCSU's past will change that.

Congrats on the new recruit, he looks like a real good one. :)

Not bagging on SCSU, just pointing out that they are not on UND's level. It's not being boastful, but it is a fact. SCSU is a young program that doesn't have the same amount of resources, history, and accomplishments. Doesn't mean you can't take some games from us now and again but it'll take a lot of those stacked up as well as a bunch of postseason success vs other teams that has alluded your program historically. The 4 out of 6 points in December is a nice feather in the cap for SCSU but us ending your season 2 of the past 3 years are the really important ones.

5 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Not bagging on SCSU, just pointing out that they are not on UND's level.

That depends how you frame it. SCSU is ahead of UND in the conference standings and all the computer standings that count. You could say that UND isn't on SCSU's level in that regard, but I get what you're trying to say. No, SCSU doesn't have the same resources or history as UND, but that doesn't mean a hill of beans concerning the present.

1 minute ago, The Exiled One said:

That depends how you frame it. SCSU is ahead of UND in the conference standings and all the computer standings that count. You could say that UND isn't on SCSU's level in that regard, but I get what you're trying to say. No, SCSU doesn't have the same resources or history as UND, but that doesn't mean a hill of beans concerning the present.

It is sad to see the lack of fan support at SCSU.  The UND series is always fun because of all the green adding so much to your atmosphere. 

26 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Congrats on the high paying job, and that frequently accomplished 12th place tie in the tourney.

Is your successful business perhaps involved in participation banner production?

Cheers on you December win and tie.

There are a lot of posters on here that are sounding like the Gopher & Bison fans we love to hate. Other programs have a right to exist. Other programs can be as good as, or better than, UND in any given year. Other programs have even gotten recruits that we would have liked to have had, or that we whiffed on, i.e. Lizzotte from GFRR. They also have a right to be proud of their programs. Other programs, SCSU, since we've been denigrating them,  are better than, and more highly rated than UND right now. We hope to catch and pass them before the year is over, but we are where we are.  Sheesh. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, The Exiled One said:

I get where you are coming from in terms of bagging on SCSU. I don't like that any more than I like Gopher fans bagging on UND and others. It is arrogant and petty. However, to say that your program is better or on par with UND based upon one series played in St. Cloud this year is not only premature, but a little short-sighted. There is a lot of season left, and many things can happen between now and the end of the year.  It would not surprise me if SCSU is still standing at the end of the year, but I wouldn't be crowing about how great you are on another team's message board. When you do that, you deserve to get chastised. I don't speak for everyone, but as a long time UND hockey fan, I do respect SCSU's program, and I can understand how high end recruits can choose SCSU because there are so many factors that a recruit considers. Facilities and tradition are obviously important, but style of play, how the recruit fits into the system, playing time, location and many other considerations factor into that decision. SCSU's recent success (did I mention that UND beat SCSU 5 of 6 last season and won the national championship the year before?) is also a reflection of just how many good hockey players are available at the D1 level. 

5 minutes ago, Big Lubowski said:

There are a lot of posters on here that are sounding like the Gopher & Bison fans we love to hate. Other programs have a right to exist. Other programs can be as good as, or better than, UND in any given year. Other programs have even gotten recruits that we would have liked to have had, or that we whiffed on, i.e. Lizzotte from GFRR. They also have a right to be proud of their programs. Other programs, SCSU, since we've been denigrating them,  are better than, and more highly rated than UND right now. We hope to catch and pass them before the year is over, but we are where we are.  Sheesh. 

I think some people are missing the point of this conversation. It was never about what’s happening right now.

Part of the discussion was about what defines a “powerhouse” program. This wasn’t ever meant to be a knock on SCSU - they have a good program down there, and their fans have a lot to be excited about. They don’t have the tradition and history of some other programs, but have gotta start somewhere... 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Big Lubowski said:

There are a lot of posters on here that are sounding like the Gopher & Bison fans we love to hate. Other programs have a right to exist.

No one said they shouldn't exist, stop being dramatic.

17 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

I think some people are missing the point of this conversation. It was never about what’s happening right now.

Part of the discussion was about what defines a “powerhouse” program. This wasn’t ever meant to be a knock on SCSU - they have a good program down there, and their fans have a lot to be excited about. They don’t have the tradition and history of some other programs, but have gotta start somewhere... 

THANK YOU! Someone understands what the original discussion was actually about. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

No one said they shouldn't exist, stop being dramatic.

THANK YOU! Someone understands what the original discussion was actually about. 

You missed my implication. SU and Gopher fans don't want to hear about any other programs, as if those programs don't have a right to exist. Thats how some on here are sounding. Not being dramatic. However you're being Jackassian, as Barreiro would say. Now back to committed recruits...'

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

On 12/13/2017 at 3:21 PM, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I just think it's adorable that SCSU thought they had a shot at him.

How could anyone take this other than arrogant and condescending? Oh, but we have the right to be, so it's all good.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, tnt said:

How could anyone take this other than arrogant and condescending? Oh, but we have the right to be, so it's all good.

I guess I saw it as chippy trash talk, but I see where you are coming from.   So is Jan Brady State University not politically correct also?

• Upvote 1

Who knew saying SCSU isn't currently at the level of UND as a program would be so controversial? 

Not saying SCSU shouldn't exist(that would be stupid to assume), simply that their program isn't on the same level :silly:

Onto recruits, I wonder if Schloss asks Berry if they withdrew the offer vs a decommit or if Berry's even allowed to comment on it per NCAA rules.

2 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Who knew saying SCSU isn't currently at the level of UND as a program would be so controversial? 

Not saying SCSU shouldn't exist(that would be stupid to assume), simply that their program isn't on the same level :silly:

Onto recruits, I wonder if Schloss asks Berry if they withdrew the offer vs a decommit or if Berry's even allowed to comment on it per NCAA rules.

Surprised me, too.  Especially since I keep thinking there's new news on committed recruits every time I see this thread pop up.

And since I'm commenting here anyway, I just want to say I think some people aren't recognizing the difference between our "team" and our "program".  SCSU's 2018-19 "team" is certainly playing better than UND's team.  But to compare the entirety of the "programs", I think there can't really be any argument about how that discussion would end.

OK, so what's the problem here?? NOTHING IHTINB said was controversial. He made one wise crack about it being adorable that a recruit would pick another program over UND, but that's it. We're all so worried about what other fans think about us. 

We should be PROUD that we are who we are. We are one of, if not THE premier program in our sport and no, a team that has less national tournament WINS than we have NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS, is NOT on our level ("On our level" is different than how they are doing this year) and is NOT a powerhouse (Being a powerhouse program is a reflection of long-term success). Can St. Cloud get there? Absolutely. Nothing was said to the contrary.

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, Big Lubowski said:

There are a lot of posters on here that are sounding like the Gopher & Bison fans we love to hate. Other programs exist only so we have someone to play against.

FYP....I agree with your original post. I have said the same thing a few times over the last few years.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, petey23 said:

FYP....I agree with your original post. I have said the same thing a few times over the last few years.

I've literally never seen this. Not calling you out, honestly, I just want to know what you're seeing as we posters saying this. What IHTINB said is not inferring, nor suggesting, that SCSU shouldn't exist, it's just saying our tradition is stronger and that's carrying through. 

• UNDBIZ changed the title to COMMITTED UND Recruits