SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

33 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

Destroying people through social media happens all the time now and I don't ever remember anything like this before. Heard of "Twitter mobs"? I think that kind of thing can happen with anything that gets post's, tweets, or whatever. These things are definitely millennial........things! They don't fear any kind of consequences.

Seems  "new recruit bashing" is similar anyway...

Doesn't mean it's millennials doing the bashing. Sure it's some, but no way is this unique to millennials. 

ANNNNYWAY....

So, how about all these recruits, eh?!

;)

4 minutes ago, sprig said:

I now have learned using "millennials" in a social media forum will get a big,  immediate response

From my perspective, the term millennial is essentially a slur. I don't like to even consider myself one. I don't identify with the stereotypes. I'm more old school and identify better with generation x and baby boomers. 

1 hour ago, sprig said:

You're right,  i haven't figured them out, thought it may be younger,  or at least newer ND fans that now are unhappy with commits before they've seen them.  Getting stranger in here all the time. At a minimum they are into technology and social networking,  can't make change without a computer. And god forbid you add change (pennies) to your purchase after they've already entered your whole dollar amount into the register/ computer. Numerous times a young manager is called over,  and he/ she can't figure out out either.  So you just tell them what they owe you,  and they give it to you. Even the simplest math is impossible without a computer

Then please start going to the checkout lines being run by Boomers so there are less people I have to wait for at a millennial run checkout. You guys can fumble with cash and coins while grumbling about millennials all while I get through line and all the way home by the time you reorganize your wallet and paper coupons. Hopefully no other Boomers behind you in line bring up the swipe/insert CC dilemma because that might add another 5 minutes to your checkout time. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

From my perspective, the term millennial is essentially a slur. I don't like to even consider myself one. I don't identify with the stereotypes. I'm more old school and identify better with generation x and baby boomers. 

Apparently,  i don't know exactly what i stirred up here.

If someone had told me sooner that I was giving myself a pension, rather than earning one, I'd have given more

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Because you overgeneralized an ENTIRE generation of people based on the premise that said generation can't do math without a calculator, which is patently false. 

Let's just move on lol.

Apparently i did, those that can't do math in their heads just end up behind registers,  unless they're old, in which case they can't run the register. 

That should be more than enough for today's stereotyping

• Upvote 1

Just now, sprig said:

Apparently i did, those that can't do math in their heads just end up behind registers,  unless they're old, in which case they can't run the register. 

That should be more than enough for today's stereotyping

Hahaha good observation. My guess... some of those kids behind registers are there for a reason and one of those is they can't do math. Ironic, right? Same with the old people! They are behind the register because they don't know how to work the register!

Let's get back to it.

So, when we getting Rizzo?

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, SiouxForever said:

I think people need to relax. Union's Jack Adams didn't even play in a game this weekend against UND and had 37 goals last year in the ushl. He has 1 goal in his college career so far.

Can you imagine our fan base if this player was on our team and struggling? 

Wade Murphy says hi

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Doesn't mean it's millennials doing the bashing. Sure it's some, but no way is this unique to millennials. 

ANNNNYWAY....

So, how about all these recruits, eh?!

;)

For you to think that a statement that says, millennials do..... whatever ......means all millennials do it is kind of crazy. 

I'm not responsible for any millennials by the way. I am a gen x  I believe, (thank God for Google):)  and my children are gen z. I also think gen z should share in a lot of the blame for this, anonymous, mean spirited bashing stuff that happens on social media all the time.

But I can tell you my kids do not do any of it and yes I am responsible for how they act! I am proud of them for not being like so many others their age...

16 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

For you to think that a statement that says, millennials do..... whatever ......means all millennials do it is kind of crazy. 

I'm not responsible for any millennials by the way. I am a gen x  I believe, (thank God for Google):)  and my children are gen z. I also think gen z should share in a lot of the blame for this, anonymous, mean spirited bashing stuff that happens on social media all the time.

But I can tell you my kids do not do any of it and yes I am responsible for how they act! I am proud of them for not being like so many others their age...

You must have misread. I'm saying that Millennials are not the only ones engaged in this kind of nonsense on social media. All generations are, including some millennials. 

Anyway, I'm glad to hear your kids are doing it the way it should be done, BSV! 

First, and foremost: Let's get this thread back on topic ... now. Thank you.

Next, this Pinto fellow, only Michigan State, UMass, and Penn State were after him, but what do those folks know either.  ;) 
http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/hockey/4365213-und-picks-recruit-east-coast 

1 hour ago, burd said:

Well, a guy named Overbo struck me out once.    Is that close enough?

Doug or son, and how did you know i used to live there

Hey I'm from Ray & was our Legion teams best hitter for at least 3 yrs & almost never struck out but "Overbo" got me 3 times in the only game I ever played against him - Did he ever try to pitch for any League above Legion ?
  •  

4 minutes ago, Fetch said:
  1 hour ago, burd said:

Well, a guy named Overbo struck me out once.    Is that close enough?

Doug or son, and how did you know i used to live there

Hey I'm from Ray & was our Legion teams best hitter for at least 3 yrs & almost never struck out but "Overbo" got me 3 times in the only game I ever played against him - Did he ever try to pitch for any League above Legion ?
  •  
  •  

Minot State