SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

On 5/25/2017 at 11:46 PM, cberkas said:

On USCHO the Wisconsin fans are making it sound like they are getting Rizzo.

...Granato got the follow back, I'd put my money on Wisco too :).  In all seriousnous, Wisconsin does have some decent recruits in those younger groups.  Also, Granato is going to flip that program around quick.

7 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

...Granato got the follow back, I'd put my money on Wisco too :).  In all seriousnous, Wisconsin does have some decent recruits in those younger groups.  Also, Granato is going to flip that program around quick.

Granato was at BWC in December.

On 5/29/2017 at 7:09 AM, scpa0305 said:

Wisco added another '02 Dman today --- I'm just fascinated by their recruiting. 29 recruits currently, BC (22), Harvard & Northeastern also are in the 20s.

12 hours ago, AJS said:

Wisco added another '02 Dman today --- I'm just fascinated by their recruiting. 29 recruits currently, BC (22), Harvard & Northeastern also are in the 20s.

Stockpile them.  They'll hit on a few of them. The others will go somewhere else.

13 hours ago, AJS said:

I wonder if these kid's parents are looking at the recruiting pipelines. I'm assuming they know if their kid is going to have a shot to play there, right? Insane.

Pretty significant news on Luke Reid in the article:

https://www.pentictonwesternnews.com/sports/sillinger-cruikshank-named-co-captains-for-penticton-vees/

He'll be playing for Penticton next year, doesn't turn 16 until September, so he's taking the Tychonick route of playing in the BCHL as a 16 year old. Pretty impressive for Reid. Penticton will have UND recruits Scheel, Reid & Tychonick next year.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, AJS said:

Pretty significant news on Luke Reid in the article:

https://www.pentictonwesternnews.com/sports/sillinger-cruikshank-named-co-captains-for-penticton-vees/

He'll be playing for Penticton next year, doesn't turn 16 until September, so he's taking the Tychonick route of playing in the BCHL as a 16 year old. Pretty impressive for Reid. Penticton will have UND recruits Scheel, Reid & Tychonick next year.

They note reid as a late round NHL draft pick in this year's upcoming draft....that has to be a typo.  He's several year's away from being eligible.

Reid, a Warman, Sask., product, who averaged .46 points per game with the Battlefords Stars in the Saskatchwan Midget Hockey League. Reid, who turns 16 on Sept. 26 is relocating with his family to Penticton. He is listed at 5-11, 185 pounds. He is a projected late round pick for this year’s NHL Entry Draft.

Perhaps the article has been edited since first published...  And needs further editing to inform about what years draft the should be projecting into...

11 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

Reid, a Warman, Sask., product, who averaged .46 points per game with the Battlefords Stars in the Saskatchwan Midget Hockey League. Reid, who turns 16 on Sept. 26 is relocating with his family to Penticton. He is listed at 5-11, 185 pounds. He is a projected late round pick for this year’s NHL Entry Draft.

Perhaps the article has been edited since first published...  And needs further editing to inform about what years draft the should be projecting into...

Yeah, it's still wrong. Saying "this year's NHL Entry Draft" implies he's NHL draft eligible. Which he's not.

56 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

"My little johnny is going to be the one they pick."

Seriously! I just have this vision of Granato spinning yarns with his snake oil and the parents being all dreamy eyed. Three years later when it's time to come to campus, the roster is full.

Crazy.

8 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Seriously! I just have this vision of Granato spinning yarns with his snake oil and the parents being all dreamy eyed. Three years later when it's time to come to campus, the roster is full.

Crazy.

Wasn't over-recruiting the beginning of the end for Granato's predecessor? 

4 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

"He is a projected late round pick for this year’s NHL Entry Draft."  I was referring to the fact they talk about "this year's draft".  They also messed up his points/game calc....it's .6

Very interested to see where Harrison Blaisdell and Michael Mancinelli end up next year, really hope at least one is able to follow in Luke Reid's footsteps and is able to make a junior team next year as 16 year olds.

I would think that over recruiting may lead to "lesser" players looking elsewhere as they observe that they are very expendable, but on the other hand blue chippers may be interested as they can cut to top of the heap easily...   Maybe the top end blue chippers can do this anywhere but there is likely an imaginary line where you are not good enough to be granted that status...   I doubt there is a formula to nattys, Granato may succeed running the same scenario as Eaves. To me it lacks of integrity but I have Zero nattys, and maybe it will appeal to the newest generations....  Interesting times we live in..

3 hours ago, 90siouxfan said:

I would think that over recruiting may lead to "lesser" players looking elsewhere as they observe that they are very expendable, but on the other hand blue chippers may be interested as they can cut to top of the heap easily...   Maybe the top end blue chippers can do this anywhere but there is likely an imaginary line where you are not good enough to be granted that status...   I doubt there is a formula to nattys, Granato may succeed running the same scenario as Eaves. To me it lacks of integrity but I have Zero nattys, and maybe it will appeal to the newest generations....  Interesting times we live in..

From what I've read about Granato, he has integrity.   It's hard to know what he is representing to these recruits. 

1 hour ago, burd said:

From what I've read about Granato, he has integrity.   It's hard to know what he is representing to these recruits. 

Maybe he can pull it off, some people have the charisma to poop in your boot and watch you walk away smiling

6 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Wasn't over-recruiting the beginning of the end for Granato's predecessor? 

My guess is that there have to be at least some holdovers from Eaves' pipeline, right? Still, yes, this was a huge problem. That and losing Brock :D

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 11:10 AM, AJS said:

Very interested to see where Harrison Blaisdell and Michael Mancinelli end up next year, really hope at least one is able to follow in Luke Reid's footsteps and is able to make a junior team next year as 16 year olds.

Blaisdell to Chilliwack of BCHL -- big move for him.

http://www.chilliwackchiefs.net/blaisdell-commits-to-chiefs

Both Reid & Blaisdell will be playing in the BCHL as 16 year olds.

20 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

When is the last time we only had 1 draft pick?  Down year? Recruiting needs to pick up (that sounded bad, stay more consistent).

Would rather have a Stecher or Caggiula than a one and done.

• Upvote 3

• UNDBIZ changed the title to COMMITTED UND Recruits