SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

14 minutes ago, Sioux_FF said:

Another Schmaltz in the future for UND?    Story on cousin Jake Schmaltz from a Madison TV station.

http://www.wkow.com/story/34404590/its-in-the-bloodline-with-edgewood-boys-hockey

good find. I'm sure if he is a good enough player, the coaches will have some eyes on him. Kind of a bummer to watch Nick last night; one because he could still be in a UND jersey, two because he help beat my MN Wild, in what turned out to be a UND Alumni game.

Parise, Toews, Schmaltz all with goals. Pretty sure Toews had a couple assists too.

2 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I had a different reaction.  If he's playing on a line with Toews and scoring goals he made the correct choice. Good for him.

Wasn't actually disappointed. Obviously glad the kid is making an impact at the next level. Hard not to think about the potential of this UND team with him on it though.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, franchise said:

I think CJ has shown big time improvements from the start of the year

Completely agree. I like his game. 

With this qualifier.  I'm not watching him in person, and you never get the whole picture watching whatever the cameras show you. 

Mitchell Mattson 38GP 11G-12A-23P

Mark Senden 33GP 6-4-10

Matt Kierstad 23GP 2-12-14

Collin Adams 37GP 19-21-40 (4th in USHL)

Peter Thome 14GP 3.56 GAA 87.2% 7 Wins

Jackson Keane 22GP 4-5-9

Nicholas Jones 50GP 20-33-53

Jonny Tychonick 40GP 3-18-21

Gabe Bast 8GP 2-1-3

Jordan Kawaguchi 48GP 33-40-73 (4th in BCHL)

Grant Mismash 58GP 23-21-44

Ethan Frisch 21GP 4-9-13

Gavin Hain 22GP 19-23-42

Harrison Blaisdell 36GP 17-20-37

Michael Mancinelli 20GP 3-4-7

Judd Caulfield 20GP 17-31-48

Braden Costello 19GP 19-20-39

Josh Reiger 42GP 13-22-35

• Upvote 1

Mismash has been on a tear lately, 10 points in his last 5 games (7G 3A). Takes over the team lead in points with 37 points, also leads with 21 goals (2nd most is 14). Wouldn't be surprised if he keeps this up if he sneaks into the 1st round. 

1 hour ago, SiouxForever said:

Will be interesting to see what player turns out better. Him or RR's Costello, both, obviously going to UND so it's a win-win.

My guess is that Caulfield has the higher upside, but they are still developing, so who knows.  Have heard Caulfield has had interest from the USA development team, so he may choose that or be playing somewhere else in the USHL next season. Being such a high pick, would think Costello has a decision to make as well.