SiouxSports.com Forum

Blogs on the front page

Goon

Sorry for the delay, big weekend...

Nothing has (intentionally) changed, nor is there any problem with the blogs section in any browser I currently have access to (Firefox 3.6.4, IE 8, Chrome latest, Opera 10).

I'll poke around the HTML a bit and see if I can spot anything abnormal that could be causing problems for some...

• 4 months later...

Update -- I redid the blog scheme on the front page a few weeks or so back. When I was working on it, it was pretty theoretical because blogs weren't very active, but I think the benefits of it are really shining right now.

You see all the blogs that have a new recent story, sorted by their most recent stories, with just a few headlines per blog to balance the display between more and less prolific blogs. So, there are never too many stories from any individual blog, but the number of stories displayed increases when more blogs are active.

I also got football blog scanning working (it was previously hockey only) so you can see either: 1) all blog stories (front page), 2) hockey only (hockey page), or 3) football only (football page).

Enjoy.

• 1 year later...

For some reason, I can't get into the thread entitled "Did U of M Forget Their Policy?" Any ideas? Thanks.

I can't access that thread either. Is it private? Is that even a setting? If it is private then whomever posted it is missing the point of a "forum".

I can't access that thread either. Is it private? Is that even a setting? If it is private then whomever posted it is missing the point of a "forum".

I get that too even though I posted a comment in it earlier. It's just another thread about the nickname and Minnesota playing some teams (FSU) and not others. It probably got deleted because there are dozens of other threads on similar topics.

• 10 months later...