SiouxSports.com Forum

2010 Volleyball season

dakotadan

Five spring volleyball questions with Coach Hardee

A nice video interview with Coach Hardee. He talked a bit about what the team will look like next year after loosing 4 seniors. In it he mentioned that UND will be hosting a tournament to begin the season.

Aug. 27-28 tournament

San Jose State

Gonzaga

Drake

Cal State Bakersfield

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
According to the USD schedule, look for UND to be in an NDSU Tournament Sept 17-18 with the following teams :

UND

NDSU

USD

SDSU

Tulsa

That was confirmed in today's Forum. Should be a good gauge for UND. I think NDSU still has 5 women from their NCAA tournament team in 2008.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sioux beat San Jose St 3-0.

Junior outside hitter Devin Trefz (Bagley, Minn.) had 16 kills and hit .609 as the Sioux opened the season with a 3-0 (25-9, 25-12, 25-14) sweep of San Jose State this afternoon at the North Dakota Classic.

Tonight's game vs Gonzaga, and Sioux would likely be favored.

Most difficult match may be vs Drake Saturday night.

Sioux beat San Jose St 3-0.

Tonight's game vs Gonzaga, and Sioux would likely be favored.

Most difficult match may be vs Drake Saturday night.

Nice strong showing for the first game of the year...granted San Jose St only had one win last year. I may try to get to one of the games tomorrow.

15th win in a row

GRAND FORKS, N.D.--North Dakota's lethal duo of junior outside hitters Devin Trefz and Annika Smed combined for 26 kills to carry the Fighting Sioux to a 3-0 sweep (25-19, 25-14, 27-25) of Cal State Bakersfield this afternoon at the 2010 North Dakota Classic.

Tonight has the biggest challenge with Drake

UND falls to Drake in five games: http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/173696/

Still, it was a very good performance this weekend.

Drake is a very good squad in a very good volleyball conference (MVC). Will be interesting to see how UND does in the rematch.

Of the upcoming games during the season, based on last year's RPI rankings, there will only be a few games that UND will not be favored:

NDSU, Drake, Temple, Tulsa

If UND can win any of those games, it might break the NCAA's top 100 RPI: 2009 Volleyball RPI

Other tough games will be vs UM-Milwaukee, Montana, Utah Valley

Drake is a very good squad in a very good volleyball conference (MVC). Will be interesting to see how UND does in the rematch.

Of the upcoming games during the season, based on last year's RPI rankings, there will only be a few games that UND will not be favored:

NDSU, Drake, Temple, Tulsa

If UND can win any of those games, it might break the NCAA's top 100 RPI: 2009 Volleyball RPI

Other tough games will be vs UM-Milwaukee, Montana, Utah Valley

BIGTIME kudos to the VB team for an outstanding weekend tournament! They brought some big DI names in and performed EXTREMELY well even taking Drake to a 5 game final. Coach Hardee has a good thing going!! Check it out when they start the conference season Sioux fans!

UND came up with another W on the season defeating UW-Milwaukee 3-2. Keep up the great work, ladies!

25-23, 26-24, 23-25, 29-31, 15-8

Looks like it was a very evenly, tight fought battle against a pretty good team.

http://www.fightingsioux.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=58715&SPID=6409&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=204987446

The Sioux, facing a UWM team that advanced to the NCAA tournament a year ago and was picked to win the Horizon League this year...

The ladies won again today in straight sets.

We will get an idea how we stack up to the Bison this weekend. We play Drake tomorrow and SU plays them on Sunday!

Speaking of the bison...anyone else planning to head to Fargo for the September 16th matchup? I've got my tix for it! :)

Next Thursday could be epic. Get there early if you want a seat. We had just over a thousand show up tonight for SUU. Tomorrow night might be the first game under a thousand in about a year due to the UNI FB game being ot TV at the same time. The NDSU/UND game will most likely set a BBF record. The place actually seats a little under 1300, but we've packed 1800 in there in the past. And wear light clothing. It was pretty toasty in there tonight with only a thou, I can't image what Thursday will be like if it's a nice day.

Next Thursday could be epic. Get there early if you want a seat. We had just over a thousand show up tonight for SUU. Tomorrow night might be the first game under a thousand in about a year due to the UNI FB game being ot TV at the same time. The NDSU/UND game will most likely set a BBF record. The place actually seats a little under 1300, but we've packed 1800 in there in the past. And wear light clothing. It was pretty toasty in there tonight with only a thou, I can't image what Thursday will be like if it's a nice day.

I've got my tickets and looking forward to it!