SiouxSports.com Forum

Unbelievable...

01grad

You all are not true Sioux fans if you are selling your season tickets just to make a buck or two and not go to the game.

I logged on right when they went on sale that day and didn't have anything available in the lower level.

Please from a diehard Sioux fan don't sell them to gopher fans because then you are just like them and their corporate crowd trying to make money. Go to the game, make noise and support your team.

Don't try to make money off of fellow fans and don't allow the opposing team to have access to our arena. The only people who should be selling tickets on this site would be CC fans who thought they might be coming to GF and now are not.

Show more character for each other and remember the small market that we came from. Help each other out and don't get sucked into this money making business our University has turned into.

Rant over.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You all are not true Sioux fans if you are selling your season tickets just to make a buck or two and not go to the game.

I logged on right when they went on sale that day and didn't have anything available in the lower level.

Please from a diehard Sioux fan don't sell them to gopher fans because then you are just like them and their corporate crowd trying to make money. Go to the game, make noise and support your team.

Don't try to make money off of fellow fans and don't allow the opposing team to have access to our arena. The only people who should be selling tickets on this site would be CC fans who thought they might be coming to GF and now are not.

Show more character for each other and remember the small market that we came from. Help each other out and don't get sucked into this money making business our University has turned into.

Rant over.

Amen to everything you just said. Some people have tickets and can't make it for a variety of legitimate reasons, but the gold-digging behavior is just plain wrong! We have a huge playoff series against one of our biggest rivals in any sport and we need loyal Fighting Sioux fans there. GO SIOUX!!!

I think it's great and you all should keep on selling, love it.

For whoever said they logged on and couldnt find tickets that morning...do you still use dial up or something? I got 4 lowers that were awesome and know a bunch of other people who had the option to buy them too.

I agree with everything said, there are to many people buying tickets and then jacking up the price selling them. If you can't make the game that is one thing, but do not try to just make money off true hockey fans for the sake of a dollar. I come in from way out of town to attend games, and finding reasonable tickets is getting harder and harder.

I agree with everything said, there are to many people buying tickets and then jacking up the price selling them. If you can't make the game that is one thing, but do not try to just make money off true hockey fans for the sake of a dollar. I come in from way out of town to attend games, and finding reasonable tickets is getting harder and harder.

AGREED. I'd rather watch on TV than spend an entire week's paycheck on a ticket to a Sioux/Gopher game... or any game for that matter! Some of us have bills to pay!

I agree with all these statements.

The sellers on craigslist are also stupid.

I mean, really, if you have a legit reason that you're not going, that's fine, sell them at FACE VALUE. But if you're selling your tickets because you think you can make money off them, you're not a true hockey fan at all. Shame on you people, you all should realize that in these economic times most people can't afford to pay >$80 per ticket to a hockey game, even if it is one of the best college hockey teams in one of the best sports venues.

GO SIOUX!!! Make these ridiculous ticket prices worth it! :);)

I am pretty sure most on this site will not be paying $300 a seat... :) those people should try selling on stubhub

People can list tickets for outrageous prices, but I doubt any will sell. My guess is that people who intend on going to the game are posting these high prices and just seeing what happens, hoping that some high roller who brags that "money ain't a problem" swoops up their tickets.

People can list tickets for outrageous prices, but I doubt any will sell. My guess is that people who intend on going to the game are posting these high prices and just seeing what happens, hoping that some high roller who brags that "money ain't a problem" swoops up their tickets.

Pretty sure the only people spending that much are Gopher Fans. There are a ton of tickets out there. Most people selling have Bon Jovi tickets (HALF OF GF) and every one I know is selling around 25-30 ea ticket. Dont pay the high price as panic to dump tickets will increase as the week goes by.

Pretty sure the only people spending that much are Gopher Fans. There are a ton of tickets out there. Most people selling have Bon Jovi tickets (HALF OF GF) and every one I know is selling around 25-30 ea ticket. Dont pay the high price as panic to dump tickets will increase as the week goes by.

People jacking up their ticket prices are money hungry a$$holes. They dont deserve to possess those tickets.

If anyone is that upset about this gouging, forward the member names that have listed them on here, to the GF police. Selling tickets for more than their face value plus a small handling fee is illegal in ND.

HOUSE BILL NO. 1058

If anyone is that upset about this gouging, forward the member names that have listed them on here, to the GF police. Selling tickets for more than their face value plus a small handling fee is illegal in ND.

HOUSE BILL NO. 1058

The simple thing to do rather than calling the police is just not to buy the tickets. The prices will come down or else people will have tickets by the bunches to unload.

What people should have done is bought their tickets last week when they went on sale. Whether we were playing Minnesota or Michigan Tech, $40 for potentially 3 games is tough to pass up.

HOUSE BILL NO. 1058

How is it "ripping someone off" when they

A. Know the price of the tickets before hand

and

B. Are willing to pay that price.

You guys make me laugh. How is this any different then a restaruant charging $3.99 for a burger that costs them .40 cents to make? It's not. It's called supply and demand.

Now, I've always been under the impression that tickets should be sold for face value or near that on this site, but you guys calling for people's heads on craigslilst are simply whining because you think you should be able to RIP OFF people who are selling the tix. The same thing happens in almost every sporting event. Think Packer-Viking tickets go for face? OU-TX?

Stop whining and pony up the money if you want to go THAT BAD, otherwise just stop whining and watch the game from home.

AND I'M NOT EVEN SELLING TIX...lol.

HOUSE BILL NO. 1058

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

:);)???

This is a joke right?!?!!?

HOUSE BILL NO. 1058

I saw the bill was introduced; did it ever make law?

I saw the bill was introduced; did it ever make law?

Oh I have season tickets as well. Its the people trying to charge $1000 that irritate me. Either go to the game or sell them at a decent price to Sioux fans, quit trying to make bank on them.

I've sold extra tickets numerous times at the door, to many games including Denver and Minnesota games for face value many times, mostly by having people walk up and ask "how much" and saying "make an offer". $1000 for tickets this weekend is just a stupid price to ask.

Beebsb010 & Gopherz,

The difference is, "scalping" is illegal in ND.

So by you're way of thinking, let's say you're a crackhead, I offer you some crack for $20, since you know the price before hand and are willing to pay that price, I am doing nothing wrong in selling it to you!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm a capitalist to the core, but scalping is an illegal activity.

End of story!!!

HOUSE BILL NO. 1058

Are you sure that this became law? According to this it says that House Bill No. 1058 will be part of chapter 51-07 of the North Dakota Century Code. But the full reading of chapter 51-07 of the North Dakota Century Code after the 2009 Legislative session does not list that provision. So either they moved it to a different section or it failed to pass. The last I heard on the subject was that the state of North Dakota left it up to the individual cities to decide on whether scalping was illegal or not, and Grand Forks had not made any move to do that.

I bought tickets the very day they went on sale and I am not upset that I don't have tickets, but started the thread to voice my displeasure with how people are taking advantage of others. I hope it isn't fellow Sioux fans and wanted to send a message to those who are.

Beebsb010 & Gopherz,

The difference is, "scalping" is illegal in ND.

So by you're way of thinking, let's say you're a crackhead, I offer you some crack for $20, since you know the price before hand and are willing to pay that price, I am doing nothing wrong in selling it to you!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm a capitalist to the core, but scalping is an illegal activity.

End of story!!!

Scalping is NOT illegal in North Dakota

HOUSE BILL NO. 1058

Google House Bill 1058 and see what it is really about - It makes NO mention of scalping or ticket sales