SiouxSports.com Forum

Marvin gets 3 games

Sioux-Hockey-Fan

I gotta wonder if maybe the intellectual giant known as Huskie is somehow related to Mpls Bison.

-Huskie hangs out in the hockey threads, while Bison Boy hangs out in the Nickname and Summit League threads. But they are very similar in that they both have repetitive, boring and tiresome arguments that they cannot substantiate with proof.

The only difference is how they view video:

-Huskie can't comprehend what the video really shows, but at least he's watching hockey videos.

-Bison Boy only watches Bison Basketball flood promo videos, most likely with a sticky keyboard and lots of tissues. :sad:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then you sure as heck ought to be pleased the WCHA is finally cracking down on hits to the head.

Do you even read your own posts?

[/Evidently I need to read them to you. I have never said I am in favor to hits to the head. On the contrary, I agree with the rule. Its the uneven calls and difficulty in determining intent. Marvin should have been called for hitting from behind on Genoway. He was. He was penalized and should have sat a game OR two. My beef is with the call on Marvin in Wisconsin, it was a shoulder to the head but certainly difficult to measure intent when both players are moving at a high rate of speed. Probably should have been a roughing penalty but no more than a 5 minute. But a 3 game suspension, thats where I differ. McLeod admitted the hit on Genoway influenced his decision. Again wrong in my opinion. My concern is as I have stated, if every hit to the head, whether intentional or not, wether intent to injure or not, whether in the speed of battle or not, leads to suspensions. The game will become too sissy for me.

Please read the rule book. Intent is in no part of the rule. ANY hit to the head is a penalty. Period.

I think I have made my point which none of you will ever agree with because of our different views. Call me whatever you want, deny the obvious, lump me with whomever you want, I don't care. Be as arrogant as you want, only the gophers surpass you. Yes I still hate the gophers more than I used to respect the Sioux. Congratulations, you did change my mind. Arrogance is not reserved for the maroon and gold, the green and black are as blind as any. Get into your little green huddle, surround yourselves with common thinkers, believe its us against the world and don't let anyone convince you otherwise, close your eyes and sing cum bye ya. And be happy. Good luck in your little world. Bye......

Please read the rule book. Intent is in no part of the rule. ANY hit to the head is a penalty. Period.

The league needs to protect its players from blatant cheap shots as Marvin as done twice this season. The Wisconsin player was hit to the head period, a penalty should have been assessed. I agree that he should have gotten at least the 5-8 game suspension like it was proposed. We don't need cheapsake players like Aaron Marvin representing what the WCHA is all about.

Besides my buddy was telling me that Greene took out Paukovich during training camps (for retitribution on Bina)? I can guarantee that Marvin needs to have eyes in the back of his head because someone down the line is going to pay him back too. And honestly I'd pay good money to see it happen. :sad:

I think I have made my point which none of you will ever agree with because of our different views. Call me whatever you want, deny the obvious, lump me with whomever you want, I don't care. Be as arrogant as you want, only the gophers surpass you. Yes I still hate the gophers more than I used to respect the Sioux. Congratulations, you did change my mind. Arrogance is not reserved for the maroon and gold, the green and black are as blind as any. Get into your little green huddle, surround yourselves with common thinkers, believe its us against the world and don't let anyone convince you otherwise, close your eyes and sing cum bye ya. And be happy. Good luck in your little world. Bye......

Good bye. Don't let Aaron Marvin..err the door..slam you in the back on your way out. :sad:

You had a point? Must have missed it somewhere, I will have to go back and check.

Please explain one thing to me, though. How in the world is it being blind to quote the rulebook and prove that ALL HITS TO THE HEAD ARE ILLEGAL? I apologize that the video replay goes against you, but there is nothing that I can do about that one. I agree with you that the games should be called the same no matter who is playing, but it is absolutely ludicrous to say that we are living in our own little world and being blind because we do not agree with you when the rules and videos show otherwise.

Good Luck with your little world that says that Marvin was victimized for his hit on Geoffrion.....His past this season brought it on himself.

PS: ITS KUMBAYA!

I feel a deep emptiness...

SHould there be some sort of prerequisite of having NCAA title banners in your barn before you spout off?

Anyway, the facts are simple: hockey is a very physical, violent, and often mean game. There are many minor injuries that occur through clean play and generally accepted dirty play...generally accepted is the key. A little stick work, a little elbow, that is part of hockey...not clean, not good, but part of the game. Then you have attacks where players step out of bounds and go from something penalty worthy to something suspendable. If you add serious injury to the mix and repeat offenses to the mix, you cease to have a physical hockey player and start to have a menace.

Incidental contact to the head is different than head hunting. A slash to the back of the shins is different than a slash to the head. A cross check to the shoulders is different than a cross check to the neck.

The problem is there is always some subjectivity. When there is subjectivity, a player's history and reputation will determine the punishment...sorta like a first time offender, good citizen who blows 0.80 on the nose will not get a DUI whereas the derelict with 2 priors will go to jail for DUI in the same scenario.

:sad::) ya know? After going through this whole thread I have come to one conclusion...huskie is completely deluded and no amount of commom sense will make him change his mind. I went back and looked at the Blood hit on Marvin(about 15 times) and i really dont know what he's seeing but, Blood's elbow is about 6 inches to the right of Marvins face! (headshake)

You come on the Sioux website after your guy ended our captains season with a blindside cheapshot, then blindsides another guy in the head and draws a multiple game suspension from the league (which is almost unprecedented), then try to twist it around like we're the bad guys?

Read this slowly as many times as it takes to sink in:

AARON MARVIN BROUGHT THIS ON HIMSELF WITH HIS ACTIONS, GENOWAY/UND AND GEOFFRION/WISCONSIN ARE THE VICTIMS.

Got it?

You come on the Sioux website after your guy ended our captains season with a blindside cheapshot, then blindsides another guy in the head and draws a multiple game suspension from the league (which is almost unprecedented), then try to twist it around like we're the bad guys?

Read this slowly as many times as it takes to sink in:

AARON MARVIN BROUGHT THIS ON HIMSELF WITH HIS ACTIONS, GENOWAY/UND AND GEOFFRION/WISCONSIN ARE THE VICTIMS.

Got it?

Like I said earlier in this thread.... Let him go back to hiding under his rock....(with his buddy Patrick. I just hope he can get that pink starfish to believe him!)

Like I said earlier in this thread.... Let him go back to hiding under his rock....(with his buddy Patrick. I just hope he can get that pink starfish to believe him!)

FYI,

Senior center and tri-captain Blake Geoffrion took a step toward returning to the University of Wisconsin men

None of us know if Marvin purposely went for the head in his hits against Genoway & Geoffrion. The only person that knows that is Marvin.

Either way, both were head shots, and deserved to be penalties.

Which is why Marvin is now serving his time.

Good to hear that Geoffrion is getting back into it though.

Are you being intentionally obtuse?

"Intent" has nothing to do with this or any other penalty. Or suspension.

You keep raising Marvin's "intent" as it somehow relates to the situation or the discussion.

It doesn't.

I recommend you instead start thinking about Marvin's suspension as a penalty for repeated illegal actions. First offense, second offense, etc. Clearly the young man didn't learn his lesson after head-hunting Genoway. Do you think a 3-game "sit and think about it" will help Marvin understand his transgressions?

What do you think the penalty will be for his third offense?

I hope SCSU loses a few games because of this suspension.

It would be sweet if they got swept, Duluth splits, and UND sweeps, vaulting us into 3rd place.

That seems like poetic justice to a point, leaping over SCSU.

While I would love to see it, I am not that hopefull it sounds like if UMD only got two points and UND swept I think the Sioux would leap frog the Bulldogs.

North Dakota:

THIS WEEKEND: Michigan Tech.

ON THEIR OWN: Has already clinched fifth and can do no better without

help.

BEST CASE: Gets third place with a sweep if St. Cloud State loses twice

and Minnesota Duluth gets no more than two points.

WORST CASE: Fifth.

TIEBREAKERS: Beats St. Cloud, Minnesota Duluth, and Colorado College.

This is typical WCHA. Screw up the Genoway suspension, suspend Lammy for nothing, and do a complete makeup call to suspend Marvin for 3 games. The Wisconsin hit didn't come close to warranting a 3 game suspension.

It should have been a two game suspension for the Genoway hit. The refs should have been told going into the UND/SCSU series to let them go if they square up and drop the gloves in a fair fight. Both players should have then been given the usual 5, DQ, and sit a game. The Wisconsin hit should have been either a 2 or 5 with nothing else.

The WCHA is making this much more difficult than it should be.

"He didn't intentionally hit me in the head," Geoffrion said of the shoulder-to-helmet blow. "I know him. I played with him in the (USA Hockey) festivals growing up. He's a good kid. I know he didn't mean to hit me on purpose."

FYI, for the millionth time!

INTENT DOES NOT MATTER. ALL HITS TO THE HEAD ARE ILLEGAL

Huskie-

Do you go to St Cloud State for school? Or have you ever? Or are you just a hockey fan?

Because if the answer is yes to the first 2 questions, I suggest you go back and take or re-take Philosophy 194. They teach you ALL about logical reasoning, which is clearly something you lack at this current state.

I am not sure he will get it, I have found that talking to SCSU Fans is infuriating, they just don't seem to get it and the lack critical thinking skills, they are all saying the same crap over and over again? I don't know what it is? It's going to be interesting if the Huskies drop a couple of games because of the suspension will they blame the Sioux or Badgers fan bases?

Huskie-

Do you go to St Cloud State for school? Or have you ever? Or are you just a hockey fan?

Because if the answer is yes to the first 2 questions, I suggest you go back and take or re-take Philosophy 194. They teach you ALL about logical reasoning, which is clearly something you lack at this current state.

How do you get logical reasoning out of my posting a quote by a different person?