SiouxSports.com Forum

Marvin gets 3 games

Sioux-Hockey-Fan

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading the SCSU season thread over on USCHO is pure gold regarding the Marvin suspension.

They keep saying that UW and UND fans will change their tune once a UND or UW player gets suspended due to the new "rules" for longer suspensions.

What they don't seem to realize is that there isn't some new rule in place regarding head hits and suspensions. Marvin's longer suspension was due to having multiple cases of injuring players with head shots in one season. Similar to Trevor Bruess' suspension last season...it was due to multiple issues on the ice, not just one instance.

They are under some weird delusion that any head hit going forward will be an automatic suspension.

Of course, these same fans also keep saying that Marvin isn't a goon (fool me once...), and they refuse to admit the Geoffrion hit was a penalty (contact to the head??).

:sad:

How can these guys not see this for what it is?

Oh wait, everybody in prison says they're innocent too...never mind.

The video clearly shows that Marvin put his shoulder in between Bloods shoulder. It's impossible to elbow someone when they are behind you like that.

In fact rather than being a dirty hit by Blood, it was another dirty, intent to injure check by Marvin. If Blood hadn't been ready Marvin would have possibly injured him with another check from behind right in front of the board.

The video is clear. I can't help it that the ability to understand video appears to be correlated with the ability of one's team to win a NCAA tournament game.

Clearly shows, yea right.

Go back and watch the video it wasn't a elbow. :sad: Moron!

Nice reply Goon, good to see you haven't changed, still don't know hockey. So you don't see Blood skating while looking back at Marvin and spring back with the elbow as Marvin comes in? You don't see the hit to the head? You don't see the classless taunt after Marvin is down? and I'M the moron??? :):)

Nice reply Goon, good to see you haven't changed, still don't know hockey. So you don't see Blood skating while looking back at Marvin and spring back with the elbow as Marvin comes in? You don't see the hit to the head? You don't see the classless taunt after Marvin is down? and I'M the moron??? :sad::)

The video clearly shows Marvin hit blood in the middle of the back. There's no way that Blood touched Marvin with his elbow.

Really it's not that hard to understand.

This better be Marvins last season in college hockey. If not there will be a couple of teams really gunning for him next year! He is dirty and dirty players get what is coming to them sooner or later! Bruess and PUKE-ovich are clear examples! Marvin may not even be safe if he leaves college hockey......there are enough former Sioux players lurking around in the professional ranks that he will not be able to escape the retrobution that is waiting for him.

http://wchablog.blogspot.com/2007/09/green...enges-bina.html

Names and causes please, as I provided in UND's case. Thank you. And please remember to stay this side of Jan 1, 2005, in your data.

I'm waiting.

Something tells me you will still be waiting this time next season with this guy......

he is like a kid that knows he doesnt have a pot to piss in but will continue to try and make you see it his way!! The only true dirty play that i recall seeing in that game was Zajac testing the strength of his hockey stick on the back of Roe's legs.

Names and causes please, as I provided in UND's case. Thank you. And please remember to stay this side of Jan 1, 2005, in your data.

I'm waiting.

First of all I could care less of your 2005 date, its somehow meaningful to you but not to anyone else. Must be your high school GED date or maybe when you entered into puberty. You want names, We lost Brett Lievers in the 90's after getting hit from behind and receiving a concussion. We lost Marc Gagnon to a broken foot after a tripping penalty. We lost this year Sam Zabkowicz numerous games due to an concussion from a hit to the head. We lost Travis Novak a couple of games this year due to a concussion by a hit to the head. Mark Parrish was cross checked from behind and missed games with a neck injury. Und has no monopoly on injuries. These are just a few I remember and no I will not go back and check archives. Smartass!!

...We lost Brett Lievers in the 90's after getting hit from behind and receiving a concussion...We lost this year Sam Zabkowicz numerous games due to an concussion from a hit to the head. We lost Travis Novak a couple of games this year due to a concussion by a hit to the head. Mark Parrish was cross checked from behind and missed games with a neck injury.

Then you sure as heck ought to be pleased the WCHA is finally cracking down on hits to the head.

Do you even read your own posts?

Then you sure as heck ought to be pleased the WCHA is finally cracking down on hits to the head.

Do you even read your own posts?

Evidently I need to read them to you. I have never said I am in favor to hits to the head. On the contrary, I agree with the rule. Its the uneven calls and difficulty in determining intent. Marvin should have been called for hitting from behind on Genoway. He was. He was penalized and should have sat a game OR two. My beef is with the call on Marvin in Wisconsin, it was a shoulder to the head but certainly difficult to measure intent when both players are moving at a high rate of speed. Probably should have been a roughing penalty but no more than a 5 minute. But a 3 game suspension, thats where I differ. McLeod admitted the hit on Genoway influenced his decision. Again wrong in my opinion. My concern is as I have stated, if every hit to the head, whether intentional or not, wether intent to injure or not, whether in the speed of battle or not, leads to suspensions. The game will become too sissy for me.

Evidently I need to read them to you. I have never said I am in favor to hits to the head. On the contrary, I agree with the rule. Its the uneven calls and difficulty in determining intent. Marvin should have been called for hitting from behind on Genoway. He was. He was penalized and should have sat a game OR two. My beef is with the call on Marvin in Wisconsin, it was a shoulder to the head but certainly difficult to measure intent when both players are moving at a high rate of speed. Probably should have been a roughing penalty but no more than a 5 minute. But a 3 game suspension, thats where I differ. McLeod admitted the hit on Genoway influenced his decision. Again wrong in my opinion. My concern is as I have stated, if every hit to the head, whether intentional or not, wether intent to injure or not, whether in the speed of battle or not, leads to suspensions. The game will become too sissy for me.

You need to help me here.

Where in the rule book is this "intent to injure"?

Why would I be ok with him slashing?

I haven't seen a video of it, but it sounded cheap.

I kinda thought that Zajac got the 2 minute instigating penalty for yacking to the bench in the mix up after the slashing. But whatever. He did the crime and nobody's complaining about the penalty. In fact while I absolutely disagree with the subsequent game suspension on Lamoureux for not fighting I wouldn't have objected to Zajac sitting a game if the WCHA were to be doing that in other instances of late in the game cheapshots. (Run on sentence alert).

I think that the league should watch the cheap hits at the end of games that people do because they know they can get away with it. Those should be called on all teams including the Sioux (Zajac in St Cloud would be an example.)

Nice reply Goon, good to see you haven't changed, still don't know hockey. So you don't see Blood skating while looking back at Marvin and spring back with the elbow as Marvin comes in? You don't see the hit to the head? You don't see the classless taunt after Marvin is down? and I'M the moron??? :sad::)

Yep you

This is a text book post of what I have seen from the SCSU fans. They still don't get it. The league screwed up when they failed to properly suspend Marvin for the first bush league hit on Genoway, they finally decided to take some real action because he is a repeat offender. Marvin allowed this to happen because he is a repeat offender. Just imagine the howling there would have been if Marvin had been suspended for the 5-8 games like the league originally wanted to suspend him for. Three games is still a light sentence in my opinion. If a Sioux or MSU-M Maverick player had done what Marvin did it would have been a 5 game suspension.