SiouxSports.com Forum

Marvin gets 3 games

Sioux-Hockey-Fan

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This actually kind of angers me more, just for the simple fact he now gets 3, only after he takes out a Wisco player. Where was the support of the league when he lined up and ran Genoway. This again goes to show how messed up the league office really is. It's utterly shamefull. In my mind, I think it shows evidence that this league office has some preconceptions about our program, and I think it reflects in the type of officiating we get during games all the way up to the worlds largest moron, who heads up the office. He gets 3 games now, if the league is consistent he would receive 1 game (not that I believe that it should be 1 game, my opinion is that he would still be sitting due to the hit on Chay) but my whole point is that just proves what a charade this league office is when they can't even have consistency.

The problem is that they continue to prove their ineptitude at the league office and with many of the officials within the league, and yet there has never been any serious repercussions for these people that continue to display this ineptitude. I Bruce M., Don A., Todd A. and others live charmed lives, because apparently they are beyond reproach, and it's this whole series of events that continue to prove it.

This actually kind of angers me more, just for the simple fact he now gets 3, only after he takes out a Wisco player. Where was the support of the league when he lined up and ran Genoway. This again goes to show how messed up the league office really is. It's utterly shamefull. In my mind, I think it shows evidence that this league office has some preconceptions about our program, and I think it reflects in the type of officiating we get during games all the way up to the worlds largest moron, who heads up the office. He gets 3 games now, if the league is consistent he would receive 1 game (not that I believe that it should be 1 game, my opinion is that he would still be sitting due to the hit on Chay) but my whole point is that just proves what a charade this league office is when they can't even have consistency.

The problem is that they continue to prove their ineptitude at the league office and with many of the officials within the league, and yet there has never been any serious repercussions for these people that continue to display this ineptitude. I Bruce M., Don A., Todd A. and others live charmed lives, because apparently they are beyond reproach, and it's this whole series of events that continue to prove it.

I agree with your criticism of league officials.

But I disagree about the length of suspension issue. The league standard is increasing punishment for repeat offenders (see: Bruess last year). 1 game for the first offense and 3 for the second (and 5 or a whole season for the third offense) is progressive and increasing.

Look, these are the brains and the future livelihood of young men at stake here. Concussions have been taken lightly for too long.

Three games seems like the minimum acceptable, in my opinion. As long as its accompanied by a "next one and you lose a full season" message.

I disagree. The league standard is increasing punishment for repeat offenders (see: Bruess last year). 1 game for the first offense and 3 for the second (and 5 or a whole season for the third offense) is progressive and increasing.

Look, these are the brains and the future livelihood of young men at stake here. Concussions have been taken lightly for too long.

Three games seems like the minimum acceptable, in my opinion. As long as its accompanied by a "next one and you lose a full season" message.

Intent to injure like he did against Genoway deserves an automatic season suspension or a suspension as long as the player he injures takes to recoup. The league officials should have looked at the tape and saw that Marvin had no intention whatsoever to try and stop from hitting Genoway into the boards. This as#hole needs to learn a lesson and the league needs to set the bar on an absolute "zero tolerance" on illegal hits :) (i.e. checking from behind, and that cheap shoulder hit into the head he did against the Wisconsin player a couple of weekends ago). God when it comes to the WCHA we have the most talented teams in the country. Why can't we have the same for referees? What a joke of officials we have in the league.

Apparently a husky fan named Mike thinks his suspension is BS. What a tool.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2010...chasuspends.php

Mike is a major douc#e bag, he was crying a couple weeks ago about UND being a bunch of goons. If you want a front seat into stupidity read the comments on this article [click to read] They don't get the point about hits to the head.

Mike is a major douc#e bag, he was crying a couple weeks ago about UND being a bunch of goons. If you want a front seat into stupidity read the comments on this article [click to read] They don't get the point about hits to the head.

As I said at the beginning, UND will be looking at alot of suspensions in the future if the WCHA continues to suspend players for hits like Marvin did in Wisc. There were probably 3 hits by UND alone in the last SCSU game that would warrent a suspension. Be careful what you ask for. Numerous UND players went after Marvin and most by hits to his head. Was that OK? So are you saying hits to the head are ok if in retaliation? I don't want any intentional hits to the head, but how about some consistancy??

I almost responded to the azzclown Mike, but then I figured why feed him. He enjoys his new world found under that rock.

This suspension could be just desserts for the Sioux. I could see mankato taking 2 games this weekend, with marvin and this whole distraction. If there is a such thing as the hockey gods, they may have just smiled on UND. Finally McClown got it right and the Sioux are looking like a different team since they got the St. Cloud games out of thier system. Now lets go get a couple wins this weekend. SIOUX YEAH YEAH

This suspension could be just desserts for the Sioux. I could see mankato taking 2 games this weekend, with Marvin and this whole distraction. If there is a such thing as the hockey gods, they may have just smiled on UND. Finally McClown got it right and the Sioux are looking like a different team since they got the St. Cloud games out of their system. Now lets go get a couple wins this weekend. SIOUX YEAH YEAH

Does anyone think it will make a difference? I don't think MSU-M can beat SCSU with or without Marvin. I also don't think Marvin is that good that he

would make that big of a difference or a game breaker either way. Even before the Genoway hit I wasn't ever impressed with the kid. I don't know. It would be nice to move up in the standings but now we are counting on other teams to do the Sioux's dirty work. I would love to see the Huskies loose three games in a row because I think it would be poetic justice. I will bounce it off you guys.

As I said at the beginning, UND will be looking at alot of suspensions in the future if the WCHA continues to suspend players for hits like Marvin did in Wisc. There were probably 3 hits by UND alone in the last SCSU game that would warrent a suspension.

Really? Hmmmm...I'm sure the league office will look into that...

Does anyone think it will make a difference? I don't think MSU-M can beat SCSU with or without Marvin. I also don't think Marvin is that good that he

would make that big of a difference or a game breaker either way. Even before the Genoway hit I wasn't ever impressed with the kid. I don't know. It would be nice to move up in the standings but now we are counting on other teams to do the Sioux's dirty work. I would love to see the Huskies loose three games in a row because I think it would be poetic justice. I will bounce it off you guys.

K, I guess I am obligated to reply to this. Anytime you take a guy off your team who is drafted by the NHL it is going to make a difference. He was fourth on the team last year in points, so he does have some talent. Plus now you are going to affect the team not only in the regular season, but in the playoffs both by thier lines and thier mental state of mind. If you remember, it wasn't until after marvin was off the ice that we really started to get it rolling in St. Cloud. I am also just going for the sweet justice angle too. This is so going to be poetic justice if we can just take care of our business it is going to all work out. I just have a sneaky suspicion.

As Motzko stated, Marvin is a key component of their special teams. SCSU is a little weak defensively, and their goalies are struggling a bit. Losing his experience on the PK could be a factor.

As Motzko stated, Marvin is a key component of their special teams. SCSU is a little weak defensively, and their goalies are struggling a bit. Losing his experience on the PK could be a factor.

Did I hear swoon?

Folks - IMHO it is past time to move on. There are games and playoffs to focus on. This is over and done with. Let it be a distraction for SCSU, but not the Sioux.

We've probably seen the last of St. Cloud for this year, unless there are some huge upsets this weekend we will be on opposite sides of the bracket and would only meet in the WCHA final, probably not likely.

Always possible we could end up in the same Regional I suppose, but the point is this shouldn't be a distraction any more for this year at least and we should concentrate on the business at hand.

One thing that crossed my mind this week, Marvin now has both UND and Wisconsin pissed at him...can you imagine how that would have played out in the old days when we played in the Barn and Badger Bob was in charge at Wisconsin? Retribution would have been swift and harsh in those days.

We've probably seen the last of St. Cloud for this year, unless there are some huge upsets this weekend we will be on opposite sides of the bracket and would only meet in the WCHA final, probably not likely.

Always possible we could end up in the same Regional I suppose, but the point is this shouldn't be a distraction any more for this year at least and we should concentrate on the business at hand.

One thing that crossed my mind this week, Marvin now has both UND and Wisconsin pissed at him...can you imagine how that would have played out in the old days when we played in the Barn and Badger Bob was in charge at Wisconsin? Retribution would have been swift and harsh in those days.

I miss those days.

Folks - IMHO it is past time to move on. There are games and playoffs to focus on. This is over and done with. Let it be a distraction for SCSU, but not the Sioux.

As a fan I don't worry much about focusing on upcoming games and playoffs. I'll leave that for the guys actually lacing up the skates.

So are you saying hits to the head are ok if in retaliation? I don't want any intentional hits to the head, but how about some consistancy??

Yes, now that you have asked, retaliatory hits to the head are always permissible.

As I said at the beginning, UND will be looking at alot of suspensions in the future if the WCHA continues to suspend players for hits like Marvin did in Wisc. There were probably 3 hits by UND alone in the last SCSU game that would warrent a suspension. Be careful what you ask for. Numerous UND players went after Marvin and most by hits to his head. Was that OK? So are you saying hits to the head are ok if in retaliation? I don't want any intentional hits to the head, but how about some consistancy??

What games were you watching? There was nothing that even closely resembled Marvin's run at Genoway or his blant cheap shot that happened at WI.!

Now Zajac taking a whack at Roe late in the game Sat? :D That was just a gentle reminder to Roe to stop being such a pussy! :) This a man's game!

Dear fans of other WCHA teams,

Please list for me the season ending injuries to your team caused by illegal (illegal: if a penalty was called or sanction given later) hits during games by opponents since Jan 1, 2005. Please note that is a very specific criteria so please stick to it. No "missed games" or "in practice" or "clean hits" need apply.

For UND:

Chay Genoway: concussion via CFB <-- this assumes his season is over

Derrick LaPoint: double fracture of lower leg via slew foot

Derrick LaPoint: concussion via hit from behind

Robbie Bina: broken neck via hit from behind

If you, oh wise and knowing fans of other squads, can put up a list that devastating of season enders since Jan 1, 2005, caused by illegal hits I'll listen to your words about UND being the bad guys.

If not, take a look at who's really being hit with devastating injuries due to illegal play.

Signed,

Patiently awaiting your lists