SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ CC

AZSIOUX

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure I understand this. How can a UMD win clinch us home ice? If we lose tonight, we're still in a tie for 5th with CC with one week left to play.

They are also assuming the Sioux sweep this weekend. Otherwise it would not be possible to catch Duluth tonight if we lost.

Because the gophers are behind CC in the standings. A UMD win means a UM loss, and that's what clinches home ice for us.

Sorry, but still not getting it. A UMD win keeps them in 4th. If we'd lose tonight to CC, we'd be tied with them for 5th and could still technically get passed by them next week for the final (5th) home ice spot, couldn't we?

Sorry, but still not getting it. A UMD win keeps them in 4th. If we'd lose tonight to CC, we'd be tied with them for 5th and could still technically get passed by them next week for the final (5th) home ice spot, couldn't we?

You're right, he must be assuming (expecting, hoping for) a Sioux win, as well.

Because the gophers are behind CC in the standings. A UMD win means a UM loss, and that's what clinches home ice for us.

I don't believe its true. I may be wrong. UMD wins. (plus the other two remaning games)

Sioux loss the rest of theirs games (including tonight). CC wins the rest of theirs. UND would not be in fifth place.

No way does a UMD win tonight guarantee a UND clinch of home ice tonight.