SiouxSports.com Forum
star2city

WSJ: Oil Booms in North Dakota

Could the planning for a Monorail be a little over a bakers dozen years away, if oil is back to $100 a barrel along with $10 wheat and corn? The GF City's Alerius is paid for about the same time as UND inherits The Ralph. That could also be when the U's plans start for the improvements on Ray Richards?

16 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Could the planning for a Monorail be a little over a bakers dozen years away, if oil is back to $100 a barrel along with $10 wheat and corn? The GF City's Alerius is paid for about the same time as UND inherits The Ralph. That could also be when the U's plans start for the improvements on Ray Richards?

Can we get some national titles squeezed into that timeline.

• Upvote 1

On 2/7/2018 at 9:21 PM, Nodak78 said:

Are you saying zero production tax?

-2% production tax.

We pay you to take our oil. Boom Baby Boom!!!

17 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

UND inherits the Ralph? Trust the state with that building after watching how the state takes care of buildings on UNDs campus?   On this one I'm a conservative keep in the hands of the private sector. It's great when the tax payers pay all the bills for your pet project but when you don't control the  $ 500M  In deferred maintenance happens.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, moser53 said:

UND inherits the Ralph? Trust the state with that building after watching how the state takes care of buildings on UNDs campus?   On this one I'm a conservative keep in the hands of the private sector. It's great when the tax payers pay all the bills for your pet project but when you don't control the  $ 500M  In deferred maintenance happens.

Ya, trusting the state with The Palace, could be scary. Every time I walk into The Ralph, I make a point at looking at the detail of maintainence that is put into that building. It still looks new. Maybe the U keeps a similar management set up after the 30 years are up.

Flashback, when I was a junior student at the U, they opened the Winter Sports Center on 2nd Ave N east of Memorial Stadium.. The talk on the street was this 6,000 seat arena with plate steel siding would out live us all. We all know what happened there. Hope The Ralph lasts longer, presently it sure seems to be taken very well care of.

I agree they have done a great job maintaining the Ralph & I also smile everytime I walk around the place 

Wonder if we will ever get the cameras traveling around on cables like at the Olympics - would that be on the Ralph or Midco ?

The laser light show & all video production etc needs updating or hire a consultant to modernize it all

• Upvote 1

OneOK announced in its earnings call that it will now proceed with its postponed Demicks Lake (Mckenzie County) gas plant, which will cost $400 million.  The plant should be operating in 2019.  Gas production has never been higher in ND and just keeps going up.  Oil wells may slow decline quickly in oil production  over time, but the nat gas produces more than ever, at least in most Bakken areas.  Watford City just keeps sprouting major facilities within its county.

http://bismarcktribune.com/news/local/oneok-announces-new-gas-processing-plant-for-bakken-core/article_3d2b64b6-1ee9-57f8-8817-95ed986320c9.html