SiouxSports.com Forum

Oil Booms in North Dakota

star2city

20 minutes ago, dakotadan said:

NDSU student representing NoDak well at the Petroleum Conference. :huh:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1020604821364501&id=292810960810561

I feel bad for the guy. You cringe while watching it. Obviously he got nervous and flustered which caused him to unfortunately word things poorly. But it is still rather humorous. :lol:

I saw this last night.  I didn't realize he went to NDSU but it makes sense.

• Upvote 1

I think this is the guy who basically called Bismarck (paraphrasing) a bunch of racists (reading between the lines because he now lives in big bad liberal Fargo)....couple articles about him organizing the protest few weeks ago including rob ports say anything blog.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Meridian Energy has signed several construction, sourcing, and distribution contracts for its new Belfield diesel refinery.  That plant could be producing as early as next year.  Looks like a new normal for the Bakken, as oil just went above $54 per barrel so several Bakken oil companies have doubled their drilling forecasts.

• 5 months later...

The expansion of a Watford City gas plant by Oasis Midstream will make it the largest such facility in the Bakken, exceeding the Hess plant in Tioga.  Hess separates it's Nat Gas Liguids into components like ethane and propane, which might come later for this plant.  Watford City will continue to see growth from nat gas, and the drilling is mostly happening in McKenzie County.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/4303272-site-gas-plant-expansion-near-watford-city-approved

A major job addition like this would have been state-wide news before Bakken.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Interesting story on the need for more ND gas processing plants.  OneOK postponed a major new plant in McKenzie County when oil prices dipped.  Crestwood and Oasis built their plants anyway.  ND needs downstream nat gas plant's, like the GF fertilizer plant and the ethane cracker plant to actually be built.

http://www.bismarcktribune.com/news/state-and-regional/

• 2 weeks later...

ND oil and gas production are at record levels and there is a record amount of unfracked wells to be completed.

A $3.5 billion propane cracker plant was just announced for Alberta, which will be the first in Canada.  There is an ethane pipeline from Tioga to Alberta and it would make sense if that pipeline was converted to propane now and an ethane cracker was built near Williston.  All the gas plants could feed into a separation central facility with their C2s and higher.  The C3s go to Alberta, the C4s and higher on an existing pipeline to Houston, and the C2 get consumed right there.

• 1 month later...

Rather amazing how many Nat Gas plants are going up in and near McKenzie County, almost a billion dollars worth of plants and collection pipelines.

Crestwood MLP is building one.

OneOK is adding on to one in Killdeer

Oasis is building a huge one

Targa Resources / Hess Midstream is building a large one.

Watford City's growth just won't stop.

ND needs to have more gas pipelines built soon, as the ones that exist are almost all full.

On 12/20/2017 at 4:03 PM, Cratter said:

I see North Dakota was one of only six states in the country to lose population from 2016 to 2017.

I see that as the exhale post oil boom. Drilling slowed and the drillers are moving away. The permanent infrastructure folks are staying to run things. Yes, it dropped from 2016 to 2017, but compare numbers from 2016 to pre-boom. 

10 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I see that as the exhale post oil boom. Drilling slowed and the drillers are moving away. The permanent infrastructure folks are staying to run things. Yes, it dropped from 2016 to 2017, but compare numbers from 2016 to pre-boom. 

School expansion is moving forward in Watford and Williston.   Watford City has added an additional kinder garden class since the school year began and might need to add another before the year ends.  Williston will need to expand grade school and also expand the new HS just completed 2 years ago.

47 minutes ago, NDSU grad said:

Remaining AA in football. They’re going to have difficulty competing in the WDA in most sports right away. Hopefully they can become competitive as time goes on. 

In about 6-8 years the HS will double in size.  so more bodies will help some.

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Hollywood 2017 revenues: $11.4 billion. ($11,400,000,000.00) 

The Bakken: 

$14,610,000,000.00
or
$14.6 billion

To Hollywood I say a hearty ... 

s-l1000.jpg

Alaska citizens gets a yearly check for this 1 time harvest. I'm surprised the people continue to get a piece of the oil $.  

Should Nodaks?

14 minutes ago, moser53 said:

Alaska citizens gets a yearly check for this 1 time harvest. I'm surprised the people continue to get a piece of the oil $.  

Should Nodaks?

Alaska has a $40 billion trust fund and is pulling in $5 billion per year in oil tax revenue.  North Dakota has a $4 billion trust fund and is pulling in $1.6 billion per year in oil tax revenue.

• UNDBIZ changed the title to Oil Booms in North Dakota