SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
star2city

WSJ: Oil Booms in North Dakota

20 minutes ago, dakotadan said:

NDSU student representing NoDak well at the Petroleum Conference. :huh:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1020604821364501&id=292810960810561

I feel bad for the guy. You cringe while watching it. Obviously he got nervous and flustered which caused him to unfortunately word things poorly. But it is still rather humorous. :lol:

I saw this last night.  I didn't realize he went to NDSU but it makes sense.

• Upvote 1

Nodak78   

George Sores and Moveon.org are funding these protesters around the country.  Not sure if they did in his case.  if they did George will want his money back.

• Upvote 1

Cratter   

I think this is the guy who basically called Bismarck (paraphrasing) a bunch of racists (reading between the lines because he now lives in big bad liberal Fargo)....couple articles about him organizing the protest few weeks ago including rob ports say anything blog.

Meridian Energy has signed several construction, sourcing, and distribution contracts for its new Belfield diesel refinery.  That plant could be producing as early as next year.  Looks like a new normal for the Bakken, as oil just went above $54 per barrel so several Bakken oil companies have doubled their drilling forecasts.

The expansion of a Watford City gas plant by Oasis Midstream will make it the largest such facility in the Bakken, exceeding the Hess plant in Tioga.  Hess separates it's Nat Gas Liguids into components like ethane and propane, which might come later for this plant.  Watford City will continue to see growth from nat gas, and the drilling is mostly happening in McKenzie County.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/4303272-site-gas-plant-expansion-near-watford-city-approved

A major job addition like this would have been state-wide news before Bakken.