SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Recruits

dakotadan

That's the key right there. Things have changed over the past 2 seasons. The caliber of players has changed drastically, starting with the Lamoureux twins. I'm not comparing it to the men's game because you won't see the big hits or that kind of speed, but there is plenty of physical play on the ice, again starting with the twins.

Best thing about the twins and their brothers is they did not end up like their mom's brothers and dad.

I know UND has to have these women's teams but I still think it is a waste of money. I will say the same thing about baseball, golf, tennis, swimming, etc..

And as I've said to you when you said that to me in the past: Blame the NCAA. They make the "minimum number of mens and womens sports" rules.

• 4 months later...

Nice to see assistant womens coach Fabian down here in Plymouth checking out Team North Dakota and the other 4 teams here. Scouts from everywhere in the the country especially on the boys side. Even coach Sandelin is here doing his own scouting with many other assistant coaches from different teams.

Nice to see Idalski at the Fargo South Bruins/Grand Forks Knight Riders game last night in GF.

• 4 weeks later...

Anybody have any idea on who the incoming freshman are going to be this fall and the year after as well? I would think a couple of more "blue chippers" would really vault this team to the top as I think they are right there......just need to seal the deal on some of the close games.

Anybody have any idea on who the incoming freshman are going to be this fall and the year after as well? I would think a couple of more "blue chippers" would really vault this team to the top as I think they are right there......just need to seal the deal on some of the close games.

I think the hardest step in any rebuilding program is to go from good to great. Going from bad to good usually doesn't take as long (one example of this is UND football in the late 80's). Idalski and the Lamoreaux sisters have helped get this program from bad to good in a very short period of time. The next step will take longer and require more patience from all of us.

From USCHO: 2013/2014 D1 Recruits

North Dakota

Kayla Gardner ..................F ............................(Warroad) ..................................Warroad, MN

Gracen Hirschy ................D ...................... (Team Pittsburgh) j.........................Fort Wayne, IN

Halli Kryzaniak .................D .......................(CAN 18s/Pursuit) ............................Neepawa, MB

Lisa Marvin ......................F ............................(Warroad) .................................Warroad, MN

Amy Menke .....................F ............................(Shakopee) ..............................Shakopee, MN

Lexie Shaw .....................G ..........................(Honeybaked) .....................................Troy, MI

From USCHO: 2014/2015 D1 Recruits

North Dakota

Lynn Astrup ......................D ............................(Warroad)............. ..................Warroad, MN

Certainly getting some nice recruits but then again, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and UMD have impressive lists as well so like fightingsioux4life said, it may take some time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice to see a another talented kid from North Dakota in Kara Tupa land a spot on the UND team. I have been watching her career grow in Fargo and now in the National scene.

I will be follow the UND women closely.

Being a parent from Fargo South with a daughter who graduated from there and played hockey for the Bruins and with Tupa,the Sioux better hope she can control her temper. Good player but she has a long ways to go to be an effective D1 player.

Being a parent from Fargo South with a daughter who graduated from there and played hockey for the Bruins and with Tupa,the Sioux better hope she can control her temper. Good player but she has a long ways to go to be an effective D1 player.

This may be true but this isn't a very classy 2nd post from you about a 17-18 y/o!!

• Upvote 1

Let me get this straight....your 2nd post ever on Siouxsports AND being from North Dakota one would think you would be happy for a kid from North Dakota to get an opportunity to play for the Sioux. Nice.

• Upvote 1

Let me get this straight....your 2nd post ever on Siouxsports AND being from North Dakota one would think you would be happy for a kid from North Dakota to get an opportunity to play for the Sioux. Nice.

Heck I am happy for her. Just stating the truth and I know many who would be much more harsh. She is young and has talent .With the proper coaching she will do alright. I hope she does well for the Sioux. Now if they want a stud from South it is the Woken girl who went to Shattuck. The best I have seen in this state and she is only a sophomore.

Heck I am happy for her. Just stating the truth and I know many who would be much more harsh. She is young and has talent .With the proper coaching she will do alright. I hope she does well for the Sioux. Now if they want a stud from South it is the Woken girl who went to Shattuck. The best I have seen in this state and she is only a sophomore.

The truth and harshness about what? Because she plays the game the way it should be played? Do you know this kid personally and what she is all about? Different coaches want different players to play different roles.

The truth and harshness about what? Because she plays the game the way it should be played? Do you know this kid personally and what she is all about? Different coaches want different players to play different roles.

I sure do. I did say my daughter played for South. I wish her the best.

• 3 weeks later...