SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Recruits

dakotadan

• 3 weeks later...

I think the fact that she wanted to goto minnesota, but decided to goto und is better then her always wanting to be a sioux like the leah jensen!..just shows you how much und has progressed in womens hockey! lets fill the ralph!

Probably a better chance Minnesota wasn't interested and didn't want to go East or worse yet, St. Cloud

I saw that David Marvin said that Kayla Gardner was the most talented player he has coached. Sounds like she could be a good one, as she is only a junior. She also has a sister who has been putting up some numbers as an eighth grader.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Idalksi won't have to recruit very hard to get this elite player -- in 2018! She sounds like a chip off the ol' block. I saw her dad score a beauty of a goal in the 1987 NC game at the Joe in Detroit.

http://www.leaderpos...6005/story.html

Here is a video on her.

http://regina.ctv.ca/?video=607961?video=607961

• Upvote 1

Did I miss a women's hockey recruit somewhere along the line. I see the name Gracen Hirschy listed as a defensive recruit, and don't remember hearing that name before. Anybody have any info?

Google is a wonderful tool. I see she goes to Culver Academy in Indiana, but also played in the Pittsburgh U16 program. Also participated in the National Festival for USA hockey, so she's obviously a talented player in her age group. She committed in November based on what I saw through Google. She'd be a 2013 recruit.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You can't get everybody. She might have liked the campus, the educational choices and being further away from Mom and Dad. We have a lot of talented kids coming in, so I am not worried.

I guess I should have said that she was never recruited by UND. I agree that talented kids are coming in but it is very important as well to have a presence in the state as far as recruiting goes even if you don't sign kids.

She was planning on a DIII in Wisconsin before MSU-Mankato came along. That speaks for itself.

I would submit to you that River Falls could beat most D-1 schools (other than the yearly powers) plus River Falls has has fantastic facilities.